“Nothing but class”
Review of Grand Park Orchard

Grand Park Orchard
Ranked #86 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have stayed here three times for extended business stays and it is by far an exceptional hotel for convenience. Staff was very well trained and helpful. I left my phone in a taxi and they actually were able to retrieve it! I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I never had a bad room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
GMGPOR, General Manager at Grand Park Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear H S, your numerous returns to stay at Grand Park Orchard is sincerely appreciated and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have passed on your positive comment to the staff member who helped tracing your location of your phone and was truly delighted to hear of it. Thank you truly and we definitely look forward to your next return.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,103)

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as it was recommended to us by a friend. Check in was smooth and the reception staff friendly. We had a free welcome glass of champagne. In addition to the free wifi in all rooms we were provided with a free 3g smart phone with unlimited data usage and free international calls. Room was a good size. Close to MRT orchard station. Dressing gown and slippers were provided. A late checkout was accommodated.
We stayed on the 6th floor with a lovely view of Grand Park Orchard road high end shops.
We would recommend this hotel.
Our favourite place we visited was the botanical gardens. The large number and the colours of the Singapore orchids was spectacular.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Debby876, we truly appreciate the recommendation of your friend and am happy to know that we did not disappoint. Very happy to read all the positive comments made and thank you for sharing with us. I was also happy to know that you enjoyed the benefits of the HANDY smartphone and that is one of the main highlights, that make us different and increases the value and affordability of staying with us at Grand Park Orchard. Thank you once again and we look forward to being of service to you and your friends in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My Mum and I travel to Singapore from Brisbane for Christmas staying 6 days over the festive season, arriving at the hotel around 6.30am we were able to be checked into our room on the 6th floor immediately, it was clean and comfortable overlooking Orchard road. We were able to have a light breakfast in the restaurant before retiring to our room. I also spoke with the restaurant manager regarding my special dietary requirements, being coeliac. He organised everything for the next 6 mornings. He and his staff were just wonderful, we also enjoyed a wonderful Christmas luncheon in the hotels restaurant. I wouldn't hesitate in staying at the Grand Park Orchard again when we next visit Singapore. JG

Room Tip: Our room facing Orchard was quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is ok just as the hotel website shown. Lobby and room are pretty, we stayed here for business so location is good.

One shortcoming is that the cafe (restaurant for breakfast) is very small. In the morning we need to go to Mandarin Orchard on Orchard Road to have breakfast.

So for convenience sake, next time I will stay in Mandarin Orchard instead.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Minion326, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to read that we did not live up to your overall expectations, specifically on the size of the restaurant. the size of the restaurant here is suited for the number of rooms in the hotel and I can understand where you are coming from, that the Mandarin Orchard has a bigger restaurant, in line with their 1000 over guest rooms. Thank you truly again, for staying with us initially and although I am disappointed that you will not stay with us in the future, I am hopeful that you will change you mind one day soon. I look forward to that day

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were on a family holiday and I have two kids 13 and nineteen so we wanted to be close to the shopping malls. It's bang opposite some of the best malls. It's a new property and the rooms are nice . We reached around 7 pm but one room was not ready and we had to wait for half an hour. I had asked for adjoining rooms but didn't get them the first night . The next five nights we did , with a minor upgrade . The gym was basic but served my needs. Free Gatorade . The housekeeping staff made minor topping up mistakes on a few occasions . My son loved the hotel. Oh, one of the great utilities was a free mobile phone in each room with unlimited international calling to 27 countries and free local calling and free 3G. You can also create a hotspot for your other phones

• Stayed: June 2014
GMGPOR, General Manager at Grand Park Orchard, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear vishal_lalani, thank you for sharing your review of Grand Park Orchard. Please accept my apologies, at the outset, for the negative experience with regards to the readiness of one room and the housekeeping standards. Feedback is truly appreciated and taken seriously here. It will be addressed with my team to ensure improvements in our service levels. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the benefits of the HANDY smartphone. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at Grand Park Orchard again during my recent trip back to Singapore.Everything was great and as usual. The receptionist recognized me and gave me a warm welcome back greetings - great to feel that! I noticed that the room seem to be brighter, maybe something has been done to it. Enjoyed staying here, as always!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank shiqi2506

Dear shiqi2506, thank you for returning to stay with us again, very much appreciated. Guest recognition is vital in our nature of work and I am happy to know that we did just that. It is not only a sign of good service but one of value and appreciation, for our guests that choose to stay with us. You are right indeed, we have improved the lighting for the guest rooms. We have not completed the entire hotel but in time to come, it will. This project was initiated, from listening to all our guests feedback and taking them seriously. Thank you sincerely once again for returning and for sharing the feedback with all of us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Selected this hotel for location and as it had a pool. No way would I use the pool. The area the pool was located in was impersonal as there was a bar attached and people drinking at the bar were having meetings and the pool was clearly visible. Not an ideal situation when on vacation.

The Wifi was dreadful which caused me issues as I had to carry on with my work while travelling. Our room was not serviced on one of the days we stayed. They give a big pitch when you check in about providing a free mobile phone so you can call home free... Shame it didn't work and after advising on day 1 & 2 of it not working, after our 3 day stay it still didn't work! So much for customer service!

For a high end hotel this was lacking in many areas. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Torana2

Dear Torana2, thank you sincerely for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We take negative feedback very seriously and appreciate it very much. I am sorry to know that we did not live up to your expectations, in terms of the pool design and location. I will investigate in to the inability to use the smartphone as it is very rare occasion and will rectify it where necessary. I am truly sorry but truly appreciate you sharing with us, as it can only lead to improvements. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we might be able to be of service in the near future.