We were given a room on the 22nd floor with a fantasic view over the Marina Bay area and of course the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. The service from check-in to departure was very good. We were in Singapore for a week this visit, and had previously stayed at this hotel when we were last in Singapore 11 years ago. Singapore has certianly changed but this hotel and its service has remained. (There has certainly been refurbishments done since our last stay). By being on the 22nd floor, we were entitled to use the club lounge for drinks (free from 6.30pm to 8.00om) and to have breakfast (which was excellent).
The location of this hotel is very good to get around Singapore. The MRT only a short walk away, and the buses plentiful. There are many restaurants around the Peninsula Hotel and Plaza - including Burmese as well as fast food outlets.
The laser show which was a nightly affair from the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and Casino were seen from the club lounge or our room. Nowhere near as spectacular as the one in Hong Kong but entertaining nevertheless. There appears to be some cranes in the area in front of the hotel, so the views may be wiped out by new buildiings in the next few years.
When in Sangapore next, will definitely stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the heart of the city within easy reach to exciting landmarks in Singapore including the Singapore Night Race circuit which is just 2 minutes walk away as it is one of the trackside hotels.Just 5 minutes walk to City Hall MRT Interchange where the North-South, East-West MRT lines meet and also to the popular night spot at Clarke Quay. Only 5 minutes drive to the Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands Casino and Convention Centre, Chinatown and Orchard Road tourist shopping belt. 10 minutes drive to Resorts World Sentosa Casino and Universal Studios theme park. 20 minutes drive to Changi International Airport.The two towers of Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel offer 600 guests rooms and suites with simple luxury as well as function rooms for seminars and wedding banquets. The hotel also offers a business center and a tour desk to assist with travel arrangements.Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel Singapore is an excellent choice for business and holiday travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Peninsula Excelsior Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Singapore
- Peninsula Excelsior Singapore
- Peninsula Singapore
- Peninsula Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Peninsula