“Average hotel service and facilities,Good location”

Peninsula Excelsior Hotel
Ranked #125 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with my wife in premium club room. I didn't expect too much about this hotel since there are many unsatiesfied testimonial from other guests.

We choose this hotel for affordability reason (price,location) compare to other 4 star hotel. My room was average,uncomfortable bed and pillow,but the view was amazing,directly to marina bay sands. The cleaning man/lady look unprofessional because the didn't clean up my room properly.

I get a breakfast in club floor. The breakfast was average and the menu remain the same for 2 days in a row with very limited menu selection. But again what makes me happy was the restaurant had marina bay sands view. You also can enjoy singapore skyline from the second floor of this restaurant.

The location was great,right in center of the city. 5 minutes walk to MRT station and bus station.
Seems it used to be an old building but newly renovated. I assume that the hotel management have to press the operational budget and it can be seen from the hotel limited maintainance in some area and the unprofessional staff work here.

Overall the experience that i get worth with the price that i paid. At that time,with the same price i only get small budget hotel with unaccessible location from another hotels

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ferdyhardianto
Write a ReviewReviews (4,529)

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with my partner and we were upgraded to the club rooms with an amazing view of the Marina Bay Sands.
2 amazing benefits was free google galaxy phone to use for gps & internet surfing plus walking distance to train station, which is so easy to use.

Highly recommend to get the highest floor for an amazing view and free google phone.

Staff very friendly and helpful with any query I had.

Keep up the great work.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoeMarc
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here with my sister and son. It is a fantastic location. Walking distance to china town and little India. Across the road from mrt.
Fantastic pool and Breakfast. Staff friendly. I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank trishy49
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have been to Singapore many times over the past few years due to my involvement in a motor sport race and have stayed at some top end hotels. Me and the missus popped over for a week and stayed here I've got to say it was a better experience than alot of more exsPensive hotels nearby. We had a club room, the benefits are worthwhile and the staff in the club lounge are the best, thought my last name was Windsor if you know what I mean. Book a club room it's worth every penny.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank HonestReviewer2013Oz
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Peninsula Excelsior Hotel for 4N/5D. It was my worse hotel stay in Singapore(Comparing to Pan Pacific Orchard,Grand Mercure Roxy and Concorde Hotel Singapore). There are only 2 advantages of this hotel. It has two MRT Stations close by and a huge shopping wall within walking distances(Raffles City).The other advantage is the Sky Lounge: A lounge on the 22nd floor with breathtaking views of the Marina Bay(Of course you have to buy a premium club room or you have to go down to the front desk and ask one of the staff to take you up there). And now we come to the negatives. First problem was as I was leaving to the US with my mum I asked for a Silver Cab(Premium taxi) on the day of arrival. I also wanted it to be a surprise to my mother. So I asked the concierge if I could book it then and there (my mum wasn't with me),he said no problem and said sure he'll keep one ready. On the day of departure when we went down to the entrance of the hotel, the car wasn't there and he had not booked it. He also kept saying very very expensive which made my mum not want to do it. Surprise ruined.I had done the same thing at the Concorde Hotel Singapore and they it worked perfectly.The other problem was that on the 4th night(The night I needed the most sleep as my flight was the next day) at 3 in the morning construction started. And to add to the irritating noise the light in the room suddenly turned on and there was no switch to turn it off!The pool and gym was ok. The wifi strength is poor anywhere in the hotel. And the room service menu was exorbitantly priced and the food wan't so tasty. All in all not a good hotel and not upto Singapore standards

Room Tip: Select a premium club room/suite so you have access to the Sky Lounge
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great location with plenty of shopping opportunities within walking distance. Staff were very helpful in arranging tours and transfers. Although the hotel was in a very busy location the room was very quiet. Would be happy to stay in this motel again. Hotel offers great stopover deals.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim T
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been a guest of this hotel for quite few years until my last stay. Location is the best, romm OK, breakfast so so,during this stay I forgot a shirt in the room and even though I called them immediately they "could not find anything left in the room". My next trip to Singapore, this hotel is OUT and I recommending all business colleagues NOT TO USE Peninsula Excelsior Hotel.

Room Tip: Look for other Hotel in the area, if you forget something can ruin your trip.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business