This hotel is just a block away from the City Hall metro station (MRT) and walking distance to most sites. The room was large and on the 15th floor of the Peninsula tower with a view of the Sands and the big Durian, we didn't hear the hustle and bustle of the street as well as the nearby contrruction of the Capitol building. The room appeared clean at first but we found a pair of someone else`s flip-flops under the bed and a few stray hairs in the bathroom. The pool also needed a bit of cleaning so we passed but the kids spashing around seemed to be having a blast. Check-in took a while, but check-out was smooth and efficient. Other than that, it is an excellent value for your money and you can't beat its location!
The hotel has a few quirks:
**if you need ice, there are no machines, you have to call room service and wait for it to be delivered (if they are not out of ice buckets);
**free wifi, but if you need to use the business center (only open certain days and times) to print, it is $10.70 for 15 minutes to use a computer and $1.07 for each page you print which seems a bt excessive;
**the bathroom has a glass window to let people showering see the magnificent view of Singapore but could be a bit awkward for the others in the room as you have to look past the bedroom to see the view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the heart of the city within easy reach to exciting landmarks in Singapore including the Singapore Night Race circuit which is just 2 minutes walk away as it is one of the trackside hotels.Just 5 minutes walk to City Hall MRT Interchange where the North-South, East-West MRT lines meet and also to the popular night spot at Clarke Quay. Only 5 minutes drive to the Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands Casino and Convention Centre, Chinatown and Orchard Road tourist shopping belt. 10 minutes drive to Resorts World Sentosa Casino and Universal Studios theme park. 20 minutes drive to Changi International Airport.The two towers of Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel offer 600 guests rooms and suites with simple luxury as well as function rooms for seminars and wedding banquets. The hotel also offers a business center and a tour desk to assist with travel arrangements.Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel Singapore is an excellent choice for business and holiday travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Peninsula Excelsior Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Singapore
- Peninsula Excelsior Singapore
- Peninsula Singapore
- Peninsula Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Peninsula