“TERRIBLE AND DISGUSTING HOTEL!!! WORST I'VE EVER SEEN!”
Review of Aspinals Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Singapore
Aspinals Hotel
Ranked #307 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever seen and that is quite surprising regarding that it is located in Singapore, one of the cleanest places in the world. We booked with Agoda.com and when we got there, they didn't have our booking even though we had our confirmation in hand. We had to wait about 45 mins in a lobby that was not just dirty but also didn't smell very good. The staff was very rude and unhelpful - NOT what you want after all day of traveling.
We finally got a room and went up in the elevator that I was afraid to breathe and I thought it can't get worse, but it did : the room was so small that our luggage didn't even fit in. It had no window and reminded a bit of jail. It smelled awful, everything was dirty, the tv wasn't working, the A/C wasn't working, the bathroom was a hole in the wall with a toilet seat that was moldy. After looking at the room, we left instantly, there is no way anyone should have to sleep in a room like that! The manager was the rudest person I have ever seen.
We later wrote a letter to Agoda.com, and thank god they refunded the money back to us, I guess it wasn't the first time that they had customers who weren't happy with this hotel.

I understand that it is not a 5 star hotel and it is a budget place and we weren't expecting it to be that nice, but ANY hostel in Singapore would be better than this hotel!

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK A ROOM IN THIS HOTEL
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sina2011

Reviewed 21 April 2011

My review pretty much echoes the previous ones. We booked on line, and the pictures shown on their website are clearly not reality! As it was a one night stop at Singapore inbetween flights, we did not have the time or energy not to accept on arrival. As we were booking in, I used the toilet in the foyer. It was absolutely stinking with the toilet and floor looking like it had not been cleaned for months. Hotel staff were very unhelpful and unwelcoming. We went in a lift up to our rooms-that also looked like it needed a good clean! The rooms were dark and dingy, very basic and also felt unclean. There was a hole in our room, which had been covered in tape and the wall 'rocked' when you touched it! Our friend didn't even have a window in his room-in short both rooms were a right dive. Lots of courage needed to face breakfast/coffee in the morning. Leads missing off kettles and tv's not working in rooms-beware and steer clear of this place!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank travellerswansea_11
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Rude Staff.Dirty Lift,toilet. thorn towel.insert bite mattress.flat pillow.Super dirty re-fridge.dirty cabinet .smelly room and air-con. TV only 3 channels & not not clear. dirty floor mat. very very noisy...conclusion is-----SUPER DIRTY HOTEL. NOT WORTH FOR SGD80++.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

worst breakfast

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank boompee
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Room was small, too small for comfort.. bathroom was small too, water spills out from bathroom because the shower was too near the door.. causing the floor outside to be 'flooded'..
The reception people were not too friendly, no smiles on their faces and carry that "you want you take it attitude"..
The code on the door card changes everyday, so before going up to your room go to the reception counter for a new code.. didnt know about this and for 2 days i had to go up and find out that my card could not open my door then go down again to get a new code.. what a hassle..
The housekeeping people only made up the bed.. and do not tidy much of the room.. towels were bad.. there was one towel which had a hole on it, with a diameter of about 6cm..
Don't be shocked by the rude housekeeping call outside your room door, every morning about 11am.. one man will come round shouting outside your door, either telling you about housekeeping or askiing you to check out.. not professional at all..
Parking space is difficult to find even late at night, due to the Mustaffa Shopping Centre which opens 24 hours a day..
Will never go back to this hotel again and will not recommend it to anyone..

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank butterfly1818
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Was booked into Aspinals by Agoda as original choice was not available. Arrived after a 12 hour trip from Istanbul via Malaysia. On arrival the staff member provided us a double room as opposed to the triple room even though that was what I paid for. Their reasoning was that I had identified only two adults - I had two adults and one 12 yr old and my husband was only staying the day we needed three beds. Did not argue as very very exhausted on entering the room the it was small pokey, there was dust and dirt in the corners of the room. The rooms did not look like they had been properly vacuumed in 6 months. The window did not open to allow fresh air as it a hotel that allows smoking. Even the reception area was very very smelly. We stayed one night only as we could not get a reimbursement for the night. When I complained about the smell, it was ignored. The included breakfast was in a downstairs room called the basement. The breakfast on offer was what looked like to be chicken nuggets cereal and toast. the breakfast area also smelt bad. After this overnight stay stay in the morning, I quickly packed and my son was violently ill. Vomiting all over the place. On leaving I told the reception staff that their hotel was the worst I had ever stayed in and I work in remote Northern Territory Aboriginal communities and have seen very rough accommodation. It was criminal that the Singaporean Government allows such substandard hotel to exist. Further to this, the it is widely accepted by the taxi drivers that most foreigners stay one night and find another hotel in the following day.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Ludmillatravellers
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I had actually booked myself for Ambassador Hotel-which is part of the same Hotel group..........when I reached there I was told that I did nt have a booking......Wow !

The lady at the help desk (of Ambassador) made a couple of calls and finally informed me that my booking was for Aspinale....which was 2 minutes walk.....I was quite shocked.

Nevertheless,we left our bags at the lobby (inside a store room) and proceeded for breakfast ...as it was around 9 AM, as we had landed at around 7.30 AM.

Around 9.30, we proceeded to Asipnals and requested for an early check-in....to our surprise we got the room at 10 AM, which wasactually very kind of them !!!

we entered into a small cramped room,just enough to fit us in, and few bags on top of each other........we had taken a triple sharing room...........I had paid almost USD 90 per night with breakfast which I felt was alot ,....but being Singapore Independence on the 9th August we had to pay a surcharge.......though the hotel did not seem full at all.like most other hotels in Singapore where u need to pay an exhibition surcharge, wherea the hotels dont ever seem full !!!

wecould not switch on the TV set at all, after trying like a dozen times and finally gave up on it.

The air conditioning was good........the beds were ok

The breakfast was very very limited........
there was jam bread,, juice, bled egg and some new Indian dish every morning (we stayed 3 nights there) There was also only 1 type of juice all days.....not very exciting !!!

The location wasthe only saving grace, as I could see Mustafa shopping from my window and the Farrer Park MRT Station was only around 4-5 minutes walk.

the bathroom seemed clean but cramped but had running hot water always ( I dont use cold water even in summers--habit !!!)

So I can saw that only location is the good part, but also we wer kind enough to get an early check- in and the a/c was good-got real sound sleep after a long long day...... so I wont complain too much................but I yet do believe that We paid alot more than what its actually worth (try getting this on a non-event day it would be less....ok-ok for real budget travellers.,,,,,,,so I would still recommend this, as we were often greeted with smiles of staff who themselves seemed to be knowing that things may not be better there .....and sorry for chosing to stay with us.....try and enjoy !!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family