Aspinals Hotel
US$322
US$253
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$191
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
US$527
US$367
MarinaBaySands
US$274
US$213
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$168
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$115
Official Website
  • Pool
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$181
US$145
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and it was possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The key to my door was not working and they wouldn't change the room so we had to get the receptionist to come up and open the door everytime we wanted to get in. The paint was coming off the walls and the TV was broken. What´s more, the TV was broken, the breakfast was terrible and at 7am in the morning there was a big carnival of Indians outside my door preventing me from sleeping. The curtains were almost transparent and blocked out almost night light after dawn. The worst thing is that I paid €50 a night for this! What a joke of a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iloveerasmus
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Aspinal website is misleading! Other 2 star hotels for the same rates have offered clean rooms and their websites are genuine. Walk in customers have their choice for a last minute, but online customers are certainly been cheated. Receptionist very rude! When asked to clean the room and the bed sheet, she replied room cleaning only 3 days once. Yucks!!! I had to spread my shawl to sleep. Very small room with cockroaches crawling on the bed, walls and the miserable cupboard is only for show piece cant be used. I was awake killing cockroaches and the previous guest had left wall marks. Very thin see through curtains, had no privacy. Bathroom stinks. Hot kettle and cups were not clean in the room. I decided to quit my breakfast at their cafe.

It was a 1 night nightmare!!!!

I guess, the Management is aware with all complaints and trauma guests encounter, but is not bothered to make changes.

Room Tip: Not worth it. Nothing is best in Aspinal Hotel Sg
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank wwadventurer
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever seen and that is quite surprising regarding that it is located in Singapore, one of the cleanest places in the world. We booked with Agoda.com and when we got there, they didn't have our booking even though we had our confirmation in hand. We had to wait about 45 mins in a lobby that was not just dirty but also didn't smell very good. The staff was very rude and unhelpful - NOT what you want after all day of traveling.
We finally got a room and went up in the elevator that I was afraid to breathe and I thought it can't get worse, but it did : the room was so small that our luggage didn't even fit in. It had no window and reminded a bit of jail. It smelled awful, everything was dirty, the tv wasn't working, the A/C wasn't working, the bathroom was a hole in the wall with a toilet seat that was moldy. After looking at the room, we left instantly, there is no way anyone should have to sleep in a room like that! The manager was the rudest person I have ever seen.
We later wrote a letter to Agoda.com, and thank god they refunded the money back to us, I guess it wasn't the first time that they had customers who weren't happy with this hotel.

I understand that it is not a 5 star hotel and it is a budget place and we weren't expecting it to be that nice, but ANY hostel in Singapore would be better than this hotel!

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK A ROOM IN THIS HOTEL
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sina2011
Reviewed 21 April 2011

My review pretty much echoes the previous ones. We booked on line, and the pictures shown on their website are clearly not reality! As it was a one night stop at Singapore inbetween flights, we did not have the time or energy not to accept on arrival. As we were booking in, I used the toilet in the foyer. It was absolutely stinking with the toilet and floor looking like it had not been cleaned for months. Hotel staff were very unhelpful and unwelcoming. We went in a lift up to our rooms-that also looked like it needed a good clean! The rooms were dark and dingy, very basic and also felt unclean. There was a hole in our room, which had been covered in tape and the wall 'rocked' when you touched it! Our friend didn't even have a window in his room-in short both rooms were a right dive. Lots of courage needed to face breakfast/coffee in the morning. Leads missing off kettles and tv's not working in rooms-beware and steer clear of this place!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank travellerswansea_11
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Rude Staff.Dirty Lift,toilet. thorn towel.insert bite mattress.flat pillow.Super dirty re-fridge.dirty cabinet .smelly room and air-con. TV only 3 channels & not not clear. dirty floor mat. very very noisy...conclusion is-----SUPER DIRTY HOTEL. NOT WORTH FOR SGD80++.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple