Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2011

to all travel hunters, i would suggest never ever consider aspinals hotel (formerly claremont hotel), it was so disappointing upon entering the room. my gosh, i was barefoot when i notice that the floor was so dusty, i think they never vacuumed a long time, the bed, the blanket was so smelly, the window, the dresser, the toilet was totally dirty. mine you, am not that kinda meticulous that much, am a cowgurl considering i love travelling, secondly, they got this front desk smoker and funky rude. terrible experience,

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank unluckyone
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This hotel situated in front of the well-known Mustapha Center. Very good location to find place to eat and to see. But the hotel room was poor, lack of cleanliness, dusty, with hard-rock bed. The good point of this hotel was the breakfast, I enjoyed it.

Room tip: Just try to book this hotel by online website....
2  Thank Stark86
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and it was possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The key to my door was not working and they wouldn't change the room so we had to get the receptionist to come up and open the door everytime we wanted to get in. The paint was coming off the walls and the TV was broken. What´s more, the TV was broken, the breakfast was terrible and at 7am in the morning there was a big carnival of Indians outside my door preventing me from sleeping. The curtains were almost transparent and blocked out almost night light after dawn. The worst thing is that I paid €50 a night for this! What a joke of a hotel.

2  Thank iloveerasmus
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Aspinal website is misleading! Other 2 star hotels for the same rates have offered clean rooms and their websites are genuine. Walk in customers have their choice for a last minute, but online customers are certainly been cheated. Receptionist very rude! When asked to clean the room and the bed sheet, she replied room cleaning only 3 days once. Yucks!!! I had to spread my shawl to sleep. Very small room with cockroaches crawling on the bed, walls and the miserable cupboard is only for show piece cant be used. I was awake killing cockroaches and the previous guest had left wall marks. Very thin see through curtains, had no privacy. Bathroom stinks. Hot kettle and cups were not clean in the room. I decided to quit my breakfast at their cafe.

It was a 1 night nightmare!!!!

I guess, the Management is aware with all complaints and trauma guests encounter, but is not bothered to make changes.

Room tip: Not worth it. Nothing is best in Aspinal Hotel Sg
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank naturewillguide
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever seen and that is quite surprising regarding that it is located in Singapore, one of the cleanest places in the world. We booked with Agoda.com and when we got there, they didn't have our booking even though we had our confirmation in hand. We had to wait about 45 mins in a lobby that was not just dirty but also didn't smell very good. The staff was very rude and unhelpful - NOT what you want after all day of traveling.
We finally got a room and went up in the elevator that I was afraid to breathe and I thought it can't get worse, but it did : the room was so small that our luggage didn't even fit in. It had no window and reminded a bit of jail. It smelled awful, everything was dirty, the tv wasn't working, the A/C wasn't working, the bathroom was a hole in the wall with a toilet seat that was moldy. After looking at the room, we left instantly, there is no way anyone should have to sleep in a room like that! The manager was the rudest person I have ever seen.
We later wrote a letter to Agoda.com, and thank god they refunded the money back to us, I guess it wasn't the first time that they had customers who weren't happy with this hotel.

I understand that it is not a 5 star hotel and it is a budget place and we weren't expecting it to be that nice, but ANY hostel in Singapore would be better than this hotel!

Room tip: DO NOT BOOK A ROOM IN THIS HOTEL
Date of stay: April 2011