“Its like sleeping in the Ganges in Little India”
Review of Aspinals Hotel

Aspinals Hotel
Ranked #303 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 3 October 2010

No words can describe how horrible this place is and not exaggerating when I say it is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. I booked this place through expedia as pictures looked good. How looks can be deceiving. When we arrived at the hotel there was an empty desk with a sign saying 'Back in 10 minutes', I knew from then on this was going to be rough stay. My room was 403, it resembled a cupboard box, dark, dreary without any windows. Room had stale smell and bathroom sink was filthy and obviously was not cleane. Bed had bugs and mattress uncomfortable and TV had only one channel working. Only good thing is location, right across from the 24 hour mustafa mall. Staff were unpleasant and not very helpful with information regarding Singapore. I truly recommend The Beach Hotel in Burgis, great location clean and decent room at around the same price. Do not stay here unless you are a glutton for punishment.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenneygunit

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Worst hotel ever! For the price you pay, its a definite rip off. The rooms are disgusting, the sheet is dirty, the towel is 15 yrs old and the lounge looks like a canteen. The reception also looks like everyday is a miserable day. I dreaded going home to the hotel but Ive already paid and it was a BIG mistake!

Never ever going to come back!

Reviewed 14 June 2010

A friend of mine came all the way from Kuching, Msia had no idea that this hotel is so bad. He booked online and pay USD68 for this terrible room! He invited us to see his room and we all got a shocked!! I can never imagine this conditions of the room can be found in a place like S'pore. This poor friend of mine literally cry when he checked in. He told us he is not going to sleep in the room and he will spend his whole night at a nearby 24 hours cafe/stall. We took him out of the place and check him in to another more decent hotel. For the same price , Fragrance and Hotel 81 are way better than this dump!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We wanted somewhere nice to stay on our first night in Singapore. We booked and paid for a room online for a last minuite deal of $140 at The Claremont Hotel. On arrival at the hotel they announced they had no more room and we were told to go to the Aspinal down the road. After the difficulties of checking in there they finally gave us the key card to our room. Obviously the room had not been made up after the previous guest - the bed was unmade, and towels on the floor etc. Luckily we were sent to a different room but were appalled at the state of this room. There were holes in the wall, the main light did not go, and it was dirty and cramped. We mentioned as we were checking in how much we paid online for a room and could not believe what we got for our money. The overall service and conditions of the room were exceptionally poor. I hated it so much - yuck dirty filthy hole! I wouldn't even dream of sending my worst enemy there. Even Basil Fawlty would be disgusted. Would have rather stayed in a tent over the gutter.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I was booked Claremont Hotel in Seragon Hotel through Agoda (agent) and when I went there for check-in they said that all the rooms are full. Remember that I had a reservation confirmed by the hotel. They have directed to me to Aspinals Hotel in Syed Alwi Road which is inside of Little india area. I have reached the hotel by 10:00pm. The receptionist (an Old Gentleman from India) does not know even how to smile!!!! He has put me in a room and the room facilities are extremely bad and not at all same as the pictures shown in their website. I had no other choice but to accept that. I have stayed for 2 nights and checked-out. I requested the same receptionist to help me to book a taxi through telephone. He said that he require SGD 5.00 for booking. I said that I will pay SGD 10.00 but need a receipt. Then he said that it will be very difficult to get the taxi through telephone booking due to rush hour on Friday. It reveals that the money he asked is for his pocket.

I would recommend NOT to stay in this hotel even if you could not find a room anywhere in Singapore. It is better to spent night in some shopping malls if you could not find any hotel other than Aspinals.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I was tricked into booking the hotel 'The Claremont Syed Alwi' which turned up being this hotel ' The Aspinal.' All pictures from Expedia where we booked this hotel were of a completely different place all together!! You can't imagine the look on our faces after spending 18 hours getting there to be landed in this dump.

Just like the Claremont hotel (down the road) this hotel was also what appeared to be a brothel. It was dirty, falling apart, broken lift, bugs and generally - hell.

I visited Singapore on business and brought my partner along to enjoy the view. Ironically, the view was of illegal imigrants, cockroach infested streets and the hotel from your worst nightmares!

If you book here, you're holiday will be ruined!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank KIMRICHES3
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I'm planning my next trip to Singapore at the end of 2010, so that I have to search for updated information about accommodation in Singapore. When I saw the name of this terrible hotel again (I stayed for 1 night during my travel to Singapore in 8/2007), it urged me to note down the worst hotel stay experience here to alert those tourists who maybe cheated by its homepage photoes!

The wallpapers were torn off, mattress dirty and being bite by unknown name insects, shower was out of order and the tubing of shower head was broken!!!Bad smell room.......

How can it be named as a hotel? A hotel that drives tourists crazy!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends