This hotel is a convenient place for stay, if you are visiting the National University of Singapore which is less than ten minutes away on foot. There are many eateries nearby - within ten to fifteen minutes of walking. During a recent trip to NUS, I stayed at this hotel for one night. My experience was mostly pleasant. I found the hotel staff to be courteous and helpful. The check-in was a breeze. I didn't have a plug adapter for charging my cellphone. The front desk had a bunch of them and I was able to check out one for free. Wifi was free and I didn't find any issues with the connection speeds. The room I stayed in was clean but very small. If you have 2 or 3 suitcases, it will be hard to move around in the room. The bathroom was also very clean but again, very small. I must say that I didn't like the bathroom setup very much. There is no separation between the shower area and the rest of the bathroom. So, if you turn on the shower, the entire bathroom including the floor, the toilet, the sink and the mirror become wet. The breakfast was free but nothing to write home about. The checkout process was not as fast as check-in. The staff member at the front desk called someone (housekeeping perhaps?) to go to the room and make sure everything was "OK" before clearing me for checkout. I didn't have a problem with this process but had never experienced it anywhere else.
Overall, I would say that I would stay here again due to its convenient location and friendly ambience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Grand Hotel West Coast is located in the western part of Singapore, with the National University of Singapore (NUS) and National University Hospital (NUH) in close proximity. The five-storey building features elegant rooms and is also adjacent to the business and technology hubs of One-North and International Business Park. Guests will enjoy a warm stay because all sensory details have been carefully refined to be just right. As with all the touches, from the positioning of the high speed network link to the modern amenities, guest will feel thoroughly at home. Santa Grand Hotel West Coast caters mostly to corporate clients with offices located in the western part of Singapore. These include NUS, NUH, NTU and companies involved in the construction, oil refining, shipping & marine industries. It is primarily a corporate hotel suitable for visiting professors, foreign students or family member, senior level executives and those visiting NUH - overseas patients & family members, corporate companies - foreign expatriates on attachment or temporary lodging till they move to permanent accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Fastbooking, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Santa Grand Hotel West Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Grand Hotel Singapore
- Santa Grand Hotel West Coast Singapore