“Small is more...”

Ranked #109 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Muscat, Oman
“Small is more...”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Kai was a very different hotel experience, not a usual fancy room with cupboards . We stayed in the bunk room, it was just to perfectly fit what we would need for our stay. A full 10 points to hotel staff for their support , cleanliness, the design and everything else. The location of the hotel was also very comfortable as tourists. Bugis junction MRT station was walk able distance and a very lively place overall even till late nights.

Loved the experience and indeed small is more.. :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
EmilyLMM, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kai, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Stutikumar14
Thank you for your full 10 points and we are happy to know that you loved the experience from Hotel Kai, we look forward to welcome you and your friend back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was so small, even it doesn't have a window. It can make you feel uncomfortable, but this is well-equipped, so everything is compactly equipped. The staffs are eager to help customers. The two shortages are windows and shower booths.

Stayed July 2014
EmilyLMM, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kai, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear kwchoi414
Annyeonghaseyo! Thank you for your feedback, as Hotel Kai is nestled in a heritage area where we preserved part of the history, some of the rooms are designed without windows, you might like to reserve our Urban Premier or Urban Studio room which come with a window for your future stay with us. Kamsahamnida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was staying in this hotel for 3 nights (14.07.14- 17.07.14) and I've gotta say it was a great experience.
Yes, rooms are small, but its design is very modern and cozy and there is everything you may need like iron, kettle, all the amenities and so on. And the bed is amazing! Very comfortable :) Unfortunately, there was no window in the room, but there was enough lights, so it was okay.
It was also a nice gesture to give a complimentary cookies, tea and coffee in the room for the guests, something that small but leaves a good impression.
Also the complimentary breakfast was really good. Yes, it's basic breakfast food, like scrambled eggs, pancakes, toasts, cornflakes, tea, coffee, orange juice and fruits, but it's all cooked really well and it's what you need in the morning to get the energy for a long day.
The location of the hotel is perfect, it's just 5-7 minutes walking time from a huge shopping mall Suntec city, a couple of minutes from the bus stop so if you want to go somewhere it's very easy.
And finally, I want to say a huge thanks to every person working there for always being helpful, friendly, nice and for having some interesting conversations with me :)
They also advised some nice places I should visit, explained how I can get somewhere where i wanted and in general kindly answered all my questions.
And once again big thanks for bringing my documents to the bus, which I accidentally left, it's much appreciated!
I definitely suggest you to stay in this hotel if you are looking for a small, friendly, not expensive but great and comfortable hotel, and I will come back to this hotel one day when I will get an opportunity to visit Singapore again for sure! :)

2 Thank Natalya P
EmilyLMM, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kai, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Natalya P
Thank you for your appreciation for our team members and the basic amenities with snacks and drinks set up in all our guest rooms. We are happy to know that you have a great experience with us at Hotel Kai and we wish you all the best in your new journey! PS:Please email me next time when you are back and we will prepare our Urban Studio with window for you
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 20 July 2014

the room is too small, we can just lay on the bed.....
but the service is nice, they are very helpful and polite
toilet is a little bit small...no so comfort on it
location is nice, near the MRT station, and near the shopping mall

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

EmilyLMM, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kai, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Carmen M
Thank you for your compliments on our team members and their services, our rooms are designed in an unique style and sizes due to the preserved heritage area, you might like to book for our Urban Studio room or Heritage Skyloft which come with a big balcony, I will be glad to find you a suitable room next time when you are back at Hotel Kai!
Bad Hofgastein, Austria
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The location is perfect: downtown, near the subway - Causeway Bay MRT Station - - Times Square, Soho, hustle and bustle.
Rooms are about 6 square meters each but packed with necessities - espresso maker, fridge, iron, tea kettle, hair dryer, TB, AC, iron.
Dorothy and Georgius offer priceless tips.

EmilyLMM, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kai, responded to this review, 12 April 2017
Dear Max W
Thank you for your reviewed but we are not at Causeway Bay MRT station
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I only had a stopover for 1 night in Singapore and after a lot of research I decided that Hotel Kai would be better than staying near the airport i.e a lot cheaper. From the moment I stepped into the lobby (which doubles as the bistro) I felt calm and relaxed. The older gentleman at the desk was so kind and friendly and you could tell he cared a great deal about the hotel. Check in was flawless and quick and within 5mins I was escorted to my room... Talk about service! The room itself (the one I stayed in - single cabin room) was small, 1 single bed. But literally everything you could possible need: complimentary water, alarm clock, iron and ironing board, cups and complimentary toiletries. The only issue I had was drainage from the shower. The water just sat there, so every time you wanted to use the toilet you had to get your feet wet! Again, a minor issue because everything else was fabulous.

I would definitely stay here again, especially if I'm travelling solo.

1 Thank ClaireMcNeilage
EmilyLMM, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kai, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear ClaireMcNeilage

Thank you for your awesome review! Our engineering team is looking into improvement areas for the shower floor and we hope this will not mar your stay with us. We always try our best to analyse and understand the individual's needs of all our guest and we hope you will have more than an awesome experience next time when you are back at Hotel Kai!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've never seen a staff that is so dedicated to their work as in this Hotel. They read your mind and provide you what you need without having to ask for it, making you feel at home. Excellent hospitality ! .

Thank you all especially Douglas , CoCo, Lance and sorry for the ones I didn’t get a chance to get their names.
Concerning the Hotel :
Pros : Location, Clean , Quiet, Modern , Comfortable adjustable beds (like in Hospitals) , Quick Wi-Fi , Complementary Bikes, Complementary portable Wi-Fi router which is very handy if you depend on Google maps to get around the city by BUS, comforting breakfast just like in home(nothing fancy or weird), very safe .

Cons: No privacy in the bathroom (not for honey moons), Double Bunker Rooms are tiny (I have to say this because me, my wife and even my 3 years old daughter banged our heads several times in this room before we moved to the studio room which is big enough , not a good value for money but almost all Hotels in Singapore are .

In summary it is one of the best places to be in if you will spend the entire day outside sightseeing and want a clean, convenient and a welcoming place to lay your head and rest.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

EmilyLMM, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kai, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Mostafa A

Thank you for your kind compliments and encouragement for Douglas, Coco, Lance and the rest of the Team members as this really boast up our confidence and we will continue to strive for excellent in every way! Our Urban Bunk is designed for a double occupancy and we are happy to know that you find our Urban Studio more comfortable since you are traveling with your child, Hotel Kai look forward to welcome you and your family again, especially your lovely girl who smile melts our heart daily!