“Reasonable price with nice room.”

Fragrance Hotel - Sapphire
Ranked #164 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I have got the upgrade room to deluxe room. Many thx for that.
Room - nice and clean room. The space suit for 2 ppl. Well decorated with full amenities (towels, soap ,tooth brush, hair
dryer, and 2 little bottle of water)

Location - near mini marts and many restaurant. Near the bus stop. Nice location for traveling.

Overall, acceptable price with nice and clean room. We can also drop our luggages before our flight time.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for six days and the room was good. Room service was good and nothing to complain about. Would want to stay again since its cheap and acess all modes of transportation easily. Even though the superior room is smaller in size it is not much of a problem since we were in the hotel only at night.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davion81
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Fragrance Hotel - Sapphire is a budget hotel that you can stay in Singapore.

Stayed there for 2D1N only.
We planned to go to Marina Bay and Universal Studios

Pros:
Clean room
Nice staff
Many restaurants

Cons:
Too far from the nearest LRT/MRT
Too far from Marina Bay and Universal Studios
No free WiFi

Note:
This is a redlight district. (if you know what I mean)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tumbler20
Reviewed 11 December 2013

It was worth if I compare the cost to the room. The hotel offers the good hair dryer and the strength water. However, I was disappointed with the female maid. In the last night that I stayed there, the water was leaking in my bathroom, so I called and told to the operator and he sent this maid to my room and she told me that I have to change the room. So I had to pack all of my stuffs to another room. I think I will get the better one but I didn't. There was only 2 rooms left, so I moved to the first room where I found a clump of hair in the bath room and the floor was dirty. I decided to move to the another one which is next to this room. When I entered the second room, I smelt the room which was very stink and the floor was more dirty than the last room. I called to the operator and told him what I had found and what I felt, then he sent the same maid to my room. She was not polite with me at all. She asked me where it was stink, so I led her in to the room but she said that she didn't smell anything at all. She acted like I was so picky but I just told her how I feel. I said to her that if she didn't smell anything that is ok, but let see the floor which was so dirty. She didn't say anything just only walked out to get the boom and clean it. However, I decided to go back to the last room which I just moved from. Even though it was dirty, it wasn't stink. My bad experience wasn't end right here because after I moved my stuffs to that room and about to take a shower, I found out that the shower line was leaking too and the water didn't come out to the head of the shower at all. So I have to go back to the operator and tell him again and had to wait for someone to find the supply and change it for me. There was not only the leaking problem but also the broken door knob but at that time I was so tired and I just wanted to take a shower and go to bed. My friends and I had rented 4 rooms for 4nights and all of them had a little problem such as the dirty and sticky floor, the leaking shower. However, I am the one who got the big problems and I was not satisfied with the maid and the cleanness of the room at all. If I have a chance to go back to Singapore, I am willing to pay more to get the better hotel.

Room Tip: You should check all the facilities in your room immedialy when you enter it to make sure that every...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Peumie C
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Clean room, Very nice staff, Have many discount in landmark of Singapore.
Easy to travel from airport. Easy to go to everywhere by bus especially china town.
there are many restaurant around hotel.
fair comfortable.

But Room is too small (Room No. 510) and have no free wifi

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thanafergy
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for 4 days recently. The location is totally unacceptable for us with 3 young children in tow. It was located in a slum area with mostly foreigners roaming around. There were suspicious activities happening as we had our breakfast at the opposite local mamak stall and I find it very unsafe with maybe-pimps sitting at back alleys and passing "packets" to at least 3 people before hiding something under the garbage bin.
We booked the family room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed, which were clean. But the floor was not carpeted at all so there were hair and it felt sticky to walk barefoot. There was no fridge to keep our drinks,, since there were no bars or cafe in the hotel. The room was infested with ants!
The bathroom was average, clean with enough complimentary toiletries. However , i must note that the bathroom tile was always clogged with hair.
The room was properly and conveniently air conditioned so no complaints in that department. There was ample parking space for guests too.
Service was average as we didnt get too use much of it anyway.

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 kids, the double bed in the family room can be significantly crowded.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank zadrielz
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Hotel has a good value for money. I stayed there with may wife and my 15 years old daughter.
Bussstation near the hotel (bus to and from subway station). Room is clean but under the bed was dust. Hotel was quiet. We had a room with a window. We stayed there for one week, and everything was ok. If I will ever have a second trip to Singapore i will stay in this cheap hotel again. Special thanks to Mr. Ong the very friendly desk manager in the lobby

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family