“Chic hotel”

Parc Sovereign Hotel - Tyrwhitt
Ranked #133 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Modern & chic hotel. The one night stay left a good impression of the hotel.
Helpful staff. Very accomodating.. Staff offered us to view the selection of rooms. Interesting LOFT room for 3-4 pax.
Love the interior.

Suggest to add more light at the garden rooms courtyard. A little dim at night.

Near to desserts cafes.

Will definately have another staycation soon ! Awesome Parc Sovereign, Tyrwhitt.

Room Tip: Garden room great for mini celebrations.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LurvefriDay

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Clean rooms, great views. My stay was very short indeed as it was just a stopover holiday for 31 hours so I was literally in the hotel for a snooze. But one of my lasting impression of Parc Sovereign Tyrwhitt was how helpful the staff was. They seem to be very eager to make my stay as comfortable as possible. A pool facility at the top floor, tour desk just before the entrance, a 7-11 and hawker just a stone's throw away (Lavender Market), this hotel screams convenience.

The only negative thing I can say comes from the fact that it is relatively new-something that will be overcome with time. You may find that taxi drivers do not recognise the name so always be prepared to state the address.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank raquiesce_80
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at the Parc Sovereign Tyrwhitt for eight nights, one week after it opened. It's well-located, just a short walk from the Lavender MRT station and, near my client's offices.

The rooms are cozy, but reasonably well designed and comfortable. I was upgraded to a room that had a terrace, which provided a nice place to sit with the morning coffee/evening beer.

It being newly opened, I expected some kinks and it didn't disappoint. On arrival, there was nobody staffing the front, and I had 3 large pieces of luggage. A little inconvenient, but no big deal. Upon check-in I was assigned a room that hadn't been cleaned. Was then moved to another room which was fine. However, on one day, despite leaving the room at 7:30 am for meetings, upon arrival at 7pm, I was surprised to find my room hadn't been cleaned.

One night, at 4 am, I was awakened to staff trying to enter my room! Luckily I had the latch on! I called the operator to inquire, and was told that it was in error...If I had called for service at that time, wouldn't I have been awake to answer the knock?

The TV channel selected numbered 10: the local free-to-air, plus Australian TV, HBO and a sport channel.

The staff were friendly, particularly the young lady who checked me in, and the housekeeping staff.

I'm sure the property will get things together, and once they do I'm confident that this will be a great place to stay for travelers on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JWeiden
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is the second Parc Sovereign in Singapore and it opened on 6th June. We booked for 4 nights from 20th to 24th June. Everything was well set up, the rooms are well furnished and more importantly spacious by Singapore standards in this budget. We were upgraded to the executive / deluxe room just like everyone else in this offer period. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Things I liked:
1. Walking distance (5-7 mins) to Lavendar MRT on the EW line. Bus stops close by (2 mins) for almost anywhere in the city.
2. Multiple kinds of international plug sockets, including USB sockets for charging your devices
3. Speedy wi-fi compared to other hotels I have stayed in.
4. Android TV box to connect to the internet via the 42' TV. Also had a keyboard and mouse.
5. They have spare irons and ironing boards that you can use.
6. They let us check in a couple hours early and check out a few hours late.

Things to watch out for:
1. Restaurant not open yet. Might open in July.
2. No closet for keeping your clothes. There were several hangers and hooks though.

Room Tip: Check for offers on their website, such as free upgrades.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank murtuza_sb
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this simply is a new hotel and the price is attractive for the central location in singapore. Turn out a great deal for me, room is neat n sleek design, small but well equipped, mattress very comfy , my partner sleep soundly till next day 10am! Is a fuss free hotel in my opinion,there is a restaurant in lobby but yet open, so no comment, theres a roof garden and a long nice pool, the view is superb from here, the lobby area is stylish, can sit anywhere, hi-speed wifi in rooms and lobby, they even have a work area where u can plug in your notebook or charge ipad, i love the area as daytime quite a few great cafes along the street, and night some pubs too, next to hotel is a temple, very exotic n local vibe. Will be back soon for september F1.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank franscisjoe
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Check-In Process:
There was a group of tourists at the reception when I arrived at the hotel. The staff was nice to invite me to be seated at the lobby while he process my check-in. I was given a free upgrade to the Executive Room & late check-out at 2pm.

Room Condition:
Hotel is newly open this month, so the furnishing are new. The room is small with ceramic-tile flooring. There were no waffle slippers in our room, so we ended up wearing shoes in our room. The shower room is about 3x3 feet wide, shower head's pressure is low, but the rain shower is fine. The vanity provide basic necessities like a pair of toothbrush/toothpaste, shower cap, soap/shampoo/body wash, but it's missing another standard necessity - a comb. There's a smart TV in the room, but there wasn't any instructions on how to use it to surf net (a check with the staff solved this problem). The glass tabletop wasn't mouse-friendly (had to place a piece of paper underneath the mouse). There's only about 3 or 4 cable channels. The double bed is actually two single beds joined together. Mattress & pillows are average quality. The aircon was good for our room (quiet & cold).

Internet:
There is free in-room wifi, speed was ok. Password to wifi will be given during check-in.

Environment:
10 minutes walk to Lavendar MRT station. There's some popular indie cafes around the area (Chye Seng Huat Hardware @ Tyrwhitt Road, Windowsill in the Woods @ Horne Road, Antoinette @ Penhas Road). 24-hour NTUC is about 5 minutes walk away and 7-eleven is just across the street.

The hotel's cafe will open 1 July and the swimming pool was under maintenance during our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheAmazingWorld
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I checked in on the second day after the hotel was opened. The management was still a bit messy & check in was slow though the staffs were helpful.

The hotel was very new but dusty. It was compact but quite well equipped. Free wifi, tv, basic toiletries & hair dryer are provided. The room air-cond on level 5 was not functioning well so we were transferred to level 4.

The arctic with swimming pool & long benches was comfortable & relaxing but there was no great scenery. The swimming pool was still under maintenance & could not be used at that time. Gym is small & has 3 equipments.

Free carpark was provided. The hotel is within walking distance to many eateries & lavender food centre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family