“Adequate for a short stay but very small rooms”

Parc Sovereign Hotel - Tyrwhitt
Ranked #134 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights during our 2 1/2 week honeymoon in Singapore and Malaysia.

The hotel is ok for a short stay and if you are going to be out and about sight seeing. Everything is incredibly 'compact' - the room was little more than the size of a double bed, had a tiny desk and barely space to keep our stuff or move around in. The 'gym' is literally three pieces of equipment so not suitable for more than two people at a time. We didn't use the pool but it looked thin and shallow but adequate.

The staff were ok but seemed a bit overwhelmed by the number of guests staying at the time.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank SJaneF81
Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location of the hotel is good and very near to the MRT stations, and if you are driving - there is ample parking spaces. I guess it is because its still new.

The hotel is new, has a few restaurants to choose and best of all - there is a huge food court just around the corner. Lotsa good foods there if you are hunting for food.

One thing weird was that we requested non smoking rooms, we are non smokers but upon check in we were requested to sign an acknowledgement that if we do smoke and dirty the room there is a SGD80 cleaning fees. Why? We are non smokers hence requested a non smoking room.

Another annoying thing is they request to register every guest by IC or passport.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank earl-ku
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Had a staycation for a nite. Despite reading some negative reviews, we found no issues here. Infact our stay was a great and enjoyable one. As a hotelier myself, i do know that newly open hotel will definitely have hiccups.. But with all the feedbacks given by guest, the management definitely try their level best to improve and meet all guest expectation. From check-in to check-out we have totally face no hassle. The frontdesk lady Michelle is always smiley even thru the phone and finally see her in person. Great patience she got there. Lionel on another hand is so multitasking from welcoming us to assisting guest with luggages and getting taxi. Glad to see a great team work here. I will definitely recommend people to stay here and i myself will come back! My next stay i will book the same room with the small patio area and i insist on getting the PINK sofa! Haha.
Room 342

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EBuffy_Charming
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The BF booked the Deluxe resort and boy, was I excited! I had been viewing the hotel online ever since it opened. I have done so many staycaytions and I really wanted something a little different this time.

ROOM:
I must admit that I was a little tad bit disappointed when we reached the room, it was rather small. Opened the terrace door and taa-daa, my disappointment evaporated for a while. It was so pretty! Loved it! Although, I really wish the divider between the terraces were higher, to offer some sort of privacy... I can see and hear everything that my neighbors are doing. I mean, I'm friendly enough to tolerate it, but maybe not my neighbors? I got the room at the end, so luckily I only had to deal with the awkward moments with just one neighbor.
BUT some really LOUD construction going on just beside, not really the hotel's fault, but perhaps offer earplugs?
DEAR MANAGEMENT, the door in the shower serves no purpose, please remove it. It is so hard to close, because there is NO space to move. Don't know what I'm talking about? Go to room 377's shower and try it yourself. Thanks.

FACILITIES:
Gym - extremely small, in comparison to many hotels.
Pool - View is not amazing, but nicely decorated and I just like pretty stuff so definitely a thumbs up!

LOCATION:
Good. 20 minutes walking distance from Mustafa, 10 minutes from Lavender MRT station. Loads of convenience shops within walking distance. Coffee shop and a cute little cafe nearby...

SERVICE:
Very good. Before coming, I read bad reviews about the service and was mentally prepared. However, I was impressed. From check-in, to agent who assisted us with our pizza delivery, to the operator, to check out. The only thing that hindered the service from getting full marks, was that I had requested late check out til 2pm, both before and upon check-in, both times I was assured that I would get it. Yet at 12.15pm, I received a call asking me to check out??
Oh well, other than that, it's all great!

I understand that this is a new hotel and still working its way around. I really love the concept, but it really could do with some improvements. =)
Nevertheless, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Was here for a 3D2N stay, for business purposes. It was promo period, thus got a good price for a 4* hotel. Check-in was a breeze and the rooms are tidy and clean, but small (as most of the hotels in Singapore). The hotel provides complimentary Wifi access, which can be used on multiple devices and with good internet speed too. There's also a 24 hours food court & convenient store nearby (less than 5 mins walk). The Farrer Park (Purple Line) and Lavender (Green Line) MRT stations are within 10-15 mins walk away too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with street view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ReaperX
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay in Parc Sovereign Tyrwhitt but we chanced upon it tonight and made enquiries at its front desk. Read this review originally written in Chinese by Rickylee1102 on 5 Aug 2014. Just did a translation as it contained good & relevant points. Here it goes :-

"Singapore is the stop just before our Malaysian tour. We checked in at 11pm and would depart for Penang the next day.

We pre-booked a twin room and were told all twin rooms were taken up upon our arrival. The hotel staff immediately upgraded us to a loft room, thus we had more space.

The good points of this hotel and its warm service do no just stop here. I accidentally left all my print-outs of my air ticket and hotel reservation confirmation of my entire trip at the check in counter at Taiwan Airport and I have been worried over this during my flight. After relating the above to the hotel staff, they asked me to email them all the details and offered to print them out for me. I was extremely touched.

This is not a 5 star hotel in Singapore, however, its sophisticated decor, comfortable mattress and cleanliness are very good for a guest looking for a place to have a good one night's sleep.

Lastly, I would like to thank the 2 friendly and warm staff. The hotel should praise and reward them as friendliness results in guests' satisfaction. Higher score for this hotel now. "

Note: the above is just a translation. Thought it might be useful or helpful for some TA readers if it is translated in English.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Jedai79
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Me & my family spent 3 nights in Singapore It's a nice, clean, fresh hotel. But we found the rooms too small compare with the price we paid. Would recommend it for business travelers or someone who is transiting. But not if you're traveling with your wife & family on a holiday.Breakfast were too limited of choices and the taste were not good as we expect.
Menu were the same in all 3 days.Recommend to do this homework to meet the better need of your guests.

• Stayed: August 2014