“Exudes Luxury - Fantastic Rooms and Great Singapore Experience”

The St. Regis Singapore
Ranked #21 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
New York City, New York
“Exudes Luxury - Fantastic Rooms and Great Singapore Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

Highly recommend. The service is excellent, the rooms are incredibly luxurious and the special technology features make sure you are as comfortable as humanely possible (extra TV to watch while taking a bath, a slow diming light to help you transition as you wake up, etc.) The bed is fantastic, possibly the most comfortable we've ever slept in. Singapore is a great destination for a short stopover. It is small, has a nearby, incredibly efficient airport, and there's fun sightseeing of ethnic neighborhoods to visit for a day or two. And most importantly, the food is AMAZING! I've heard the restaurants are great, but we were so obsessed with the hawker stands and sampling all the famous street foods that we didn't even try them. I hope to have a connection through Singapore again and I'd definitely visit again for a day or so and stay at the St Regis.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

One word could describe St. Regis Singapore.....Excellent!!!! It certainly deserves its 6 star status. Our room was everything we could have hoped for. The staff were extremley polite, courteous and efficient. The concierge was very helpful and informative. We had dinner in one of the restaurants, Les Saveurs, and it was as good if not better than other Michelin Star restaurants that we have eaten in. The breakfast buffet was second to none...there wasn't one single item that was not on offer and again the staff superb. Our only complaint was that it just wasn't long enough as we were only there 3 nights but we will certainly be back in the future for longer. Jacquie Mason, Portugal.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

I have to agree with an earlier reviewer who said this was more a 4-star. Let me say straight off that I only stayed one night en route, so perhaps didn't get to judge the place fully on its merits.
The rooms are furnished to St Regis's usual high standard of quality, comfort and taste. But the place trips up on so many small points which a 5-star shouldn't.
- The lighting system is far too complex, which you really don't need when you're stumbling around a strange room at night. The so-called reading light is a direct down-lighter from the ceiling, so you have to read sitting up in bed (many hotels of this standard give you an adjustable lamp).
- The TV and sound system didn't quite work together, even after a repairman came round. We never managed to get surround sound for the TV, and there a weird vestigial trailing-off of sound after the TV was switched off.
- The water pressure in the shower was poor, a problem I've never encountered elsewhere in Singapore.
- When I booked in advance, I was asked to select a type of pillow and any treats I would like in my room. I chose foam pillows - I got down pillows. I requested some local fruit - I got two Granny Smith apples and a Chinese pear (perhaps these really were grown in Singapore).
Like the earlier reviewer, I found the staff very willing to help but rather uncertain and in need of more training. A lot of these points may be put down as quibbles but this place sells itself as top-of-the-line 5 star. There's still more work to do, guys.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. Having stayed earlier at other 5 star properties like Ritz Carlton, Fairmont and Hilton, I would say that this is one is a class apart. Maybe the Ritz Carlton would be the only close competitor because of the excellent views from the rooms and the beautiful lobby.
This hotel has a lot of art work in the lobby and is very well maintained. I checked in early morning at about 8 AM. the room was not ready and the front desk manager offered me some beverages while I was waitng. Since I was not hungry, she offered me use of the Internet facilities. I took that up and the room was provided by 830 AM. I had booked a 'Grand Deluxe' room - higher level than an executive deluxe room - which was a corner room with a city view. Well lit with a corner sofa and a 42 inch [probably!] LD. Woodwork was excellent and so was the king size bed.
The bathroom was a work of art with a tv, tub, shower area and two sinks.
Food was simply great and so was the service. Internet was free [Wifi as well as the computers at the reception]. Only issue I faced was the slow service from the butlers. no complaints though - the hotel was running at full capacity.
Also, one suggestion to the hotel - they should provide larger sized drinking water bottles in the room - while the water may be free and one could order more, I would prefer not to wait for the butlers to provide it to me.
FYI - Singapore water is safe to be drunk from the tap.

Overall, an excellent hotel if you can afford about SGD 500 or more per night. I would like to make a special mention for the entire staff - very helpful, go out of their way - I had the same experience from the front desk to the security to the guys at the main entrance to the waiters etc. Only one issue - it is not close to the MRT, you need to take the cab everywhere. Probably not important since it is not a budget hotel.

Room Tip: Check their website.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

What's not to love about this place? The hotel occupies a prime location at the top of Orchard Road. Our room was lovely - very spacious, beautifully appointed, large bathroom and butler service available around the clock. Lots of nice touches throughout the room including automatic day/night curtains, the ability to adjust lighting throughout the room and surround sound for the TV. The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful, without being intrusive.

We ate at the French restaurant one evening and thoroughly enjoyed the six-course menu. The breakfast buffet was also excellent.

All in all, a fantastic stay --- very highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

We stayed in the entry-level Executive Deluxe room which was great, especially the bathroom. It's what you'd expect of a 5-star hotel and you should check out other reviews if you're interested in the rooms.

For me, the best parts were the extras: complimentary access to the wet lounge at Remede Spa, and the wine-tasting event at the Decanter from 530pm. We stayed only 1 night but went to the wet lounge at the spa (steam chambers, Finnish sauna, 2 heated pools) on both of the days we were there. A big plus was that it wasn't at all crowded - maybe the other hotel guests didn't know about it being complimentary or preferred to explore Singapore.

The wine-tasting event was very pleasant as well - you're served your choice of wines with cheese and crackers. Makes for a nice start to the evening.

The butler service was a nice touch, though I'd have preferred a Nespresso in the room since it'd probably taste better than the coffee served by the butler.

Breakfast was OK, though we had to wait for about 10 minutes to get a seat. I'd expected better quality food but everything was of an acceptable standard so no biggie.

On the whole, an enjoyable stay thanks to the little extras :)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
StRegisSingapore1, Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Dear chuyeow,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am very glad to hear that you appreciated the experiences we have built into each guests’ stay – such as the use of the Remede Spa Wet Lounge and the daily Wine and cheese tasting at Decanter.

We believe that a stay at the St. Regis should not only be about providing comfortable accommodation, but also an unfolding of captivating experiences that are beyond expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and thank you once more for your words of encouragement. We will continue to create unique touches that delight our guests.

Warm personal regards,

Thomas Schwall
Hotel Manager
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

Absolutely 5 star from whoa to go! Service, food, rooms everything. We loved it, loved all the staff we met, and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple