“Average”

Ranked #29 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I had planned to stay the week. After discovering the following, decided to relocate: First, the gym was very so so (no MBS Banyan tree for sure), as was breakfast and the pool (the pool at the residences, however, looked quite nice ... too bad). The bed linens were over bleached, and I awoke to a rash. The butler service was lovely as were the staff in the hotel in general (provided you don't mind being asked nicely to either wait for a table at breakfast, or be asked to eat breakfast up stairs outside by the pool in the heat ... not so nice especially when the breakfast was so modest compared to Regent, Grand Hyatt, etc.). My Chinese neighbors had their slippers in the hall and the tv loud with their door wedged open stuffed with newspaper to keep it from closing. Not elegant at all. All in all, a very average hotel experience. Sorry St. Regis,-- not up to snuff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank SEAVisitor
StRegisSingapore1, Public Relations Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear SEAVisitor,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that your St. Regis experience did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for your feedback; we are continually looking for areas of improvement, particularly when they come from well-travelled individuals as yourself.

Please rest assured that we are looking into enhancing our guest stay experience, and your review is helpful in our continued efforts to do better.

We hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence with your next stay at the hotel.

Warm personal regards,

The St. Regis Singapore

Write a ReviewReviews (2,211)

Reviewed 29 October 2011

This is one of my favourite hotels in Asia. Everytime I go to Singapore I always book my stay here. Not mentioning about the room but the services and staffs here make it an ideal location for businessmen like me. I prefer having lunches and dinners in the hotel’s restaurant. They have a variety of dishes from west to east and local. I love the Singaporean frog portridge in the restaurant, tasty and delicious. You should try once!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear inprazi,

Thank you so much for making the St. Regis your address of choice when residing in Singapore!

We are glad that you were provided with meaningful service, and also that you enjoyed dining at our 3 restaurants - French Brasserie Les Saveurs, Italian LaBrezza and Cantonese Yan Ting.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Singapore soon.

Warm personal regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband & I recently stayed at this magnificent hotel for 2 nights as a stopover from Europe back to Australia. What a joy it was!

The hotel itself is opulent and majestic - one cannot fault it. The stunning lobby with its wonderful works of art and sparkling chandeliers are a wonder to behold! And the room we stayed in was absolute elegance and comfort. We felt very pampered and every single staff member were so welcoming and helpful.

Our package also included daily breakfast which was all very fresh and beautifully presented. We also used the Spa facilities...Fantastic! Highly Recommended!

If you want to feel special then do not hesitate and please book St Regis Singapore, you will not regret it! We hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngiePang
StRegisSingapore1, Public Relations Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear Angie,

Thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement.

Your recognition of our St. Regis staff and their warmth towards you and your husband is of great value to us.

We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write this review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed at the Knickbocker Suite over the 8/9 Oct weekend. From point of arrival through to departure, everything was great - butler service, housekeeping, the bubble bath. Service and food at Les Saveurs was good. And for lunch the next day at Yan Ting, superlative! Keep it up!

My only gripe was the Bentley arrival transfer... driver drove like a demon, not smooth at all. Though the return transfer was much better.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BarnieSg

Dear BarnieSg,

Thank you very much for your review, and your kudos to the butler, housekeeping and F&B teams!

We apologise for the bumpy start to your St. Regis stay, but are heartened that you were wowed by the St. Regis staff during the rest of your time with us.

We certainly look forward to having you back at The St. Regis Singapore soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I've been in this hotel for 4 times, and yet it never really let me down. Well almost. This trip (october 20th 2011) I mistakenly chose twin bed bedroom, and when I realize after I get to the room, I told them that I was wrong and I was hopping I can move to a king size bed room, but until my last trip, I can't. I know its my mistake. I was hopping st regis can do more, considering I'm a starwood member. But I guess not my luck yet. Other than this, the hotel is satisfactory.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank humblefisherman

Dear humblefisherman,

Thank you very much for your review, and for choosing to return to the St. Regis when in Singapore!

I apologise that we were unable to accede to your request for a room change, as this was due to high occupancy during that period.

We do sincerely thank you for your loyalty to Starwood, and we look forward to delighting you when you next stay with The St. Regis Singapore.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed at the Lady Astor room over the weekend at Singapore. Upon check-in at noon, the booked room was not ready. Thus, they gladly offer me a grand deluxe room for me to freshen up and rest. Was pretty suprised to know that the hotel was quite occupied...maybe cause there was weddings taking place on both Sat and Sun when i was there. The Lady Astor room was big and overlooks St regis residences. Butler service was excellent, providing us with the requested magazines, tea and coffee. Was impressed that he even remembers my last name the next day! Overall the service at the hotel was awesome. My only disappointment is the breakfast spread. Expected better and wider selection of breakfast spread from st regis!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Amazing, amazing, amazing great location top of Orchard Road - 5 minute walk to train station. The most opulant hotel room we have ever stayed in & we have stayed at some wonderful hotels around the world. If you always book Starwood Hotels you will never be dissappointed

Room Tip: All rooms will be wonderful