“Outstanding Service and Experience at a Good Price Point!”

The St. Regis Singapore
Ranked #27 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I was in Singapore for a week on business and decided to stay at the St Regis - what a wonderful decision. I asked the hotel to arrange an airport transfer for me and they sent the Bentley - that was unexpected, but also just lots of fun - good to treat oneself when one can :-)

Upon arrival I was welcomed immediately at the reception desk, quickly checked in and up to my room. St Regis follow the concept of a floor butler. He greeted me and introduced me to my room. These rooms were excellent, large, well-appointed. To me success comes down to the shower pressure and the bed. I was so happy with both, I was disappointed for the last 2 weeks taking showers at home and other hotels.

I had breakfast in the lobby most mornings and considering the price for the buffet it is probably one of the best deals I have ever seen in a Starwood property.

The staff were always attentive - coffee and tea - free and available at the touch of a button to the butler. The toiletries were excellent, so no need to pack them (save the weight)!

Enjoy!

Room Tip: upper floors come with an improved view!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Singapore

Reviewed 18 December 2011

Having stayed at Grosnover House - Dubai, I never thought there could be a better hotel. How wrong I was. The St. Regis is a class act with service minded staff which are hard to compare with any other hotel I have ever stayed at.
Check I for me was very early in the morning and the girl at the desk (Harmony) was brilliant. She was wide awake and very cheerful. Everything went smoothly, professional and without any fuss.
My bags were delivered promptly and the room was perfect. Everything in the room was lush and elegant. Best of all, it was warm, cosy and easy to relax in. I am going to enjoy bringing my wife here.
The in room dining was fantastic. The food was good and very well presented. Best of all, was the butler service, which typifies the hospitallity of the St Regis. The butlers were always smiling and could never do enough. They always remembered my preferences and were very quick to respond.
The breakfast was also brilliant, one of the best selections I have ever seen and superbly presented.
I just loved this hotel. After reading all the reviews here on Trip Advisor I had very high expectations and the hotel did not disappoint.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We have stayed four nights in this fantastic property. Everything from the check-in to the check-out was fantastic. Our room was very very nice. Charming classical furnishing with a good size, bath simply heavenly. Everyone is very helpful, always very kind and smiling. Our expectations has been exceeded in every aspect. The lobby is cosy, with modern paintings from contemporary asian artist. We have enjoyed high tea at the lobby bar and was charmed by the staff. The butler service in the room is impeccable, my wife ordered several times coffee and tea and was very attired by the service. As Platinum SPG we enjoyed a complementary breakfast. The variety was great and everything of course very delicious. The location of the hotel is excellent. The botanical garden and the Orchard Road are both at walking distance. I highly recommend for business and leisure also.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy_FRA
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I really can't stay enough good things about the St. Regis in Singapore. From check-in to check-out this hotel was the best part of my visit to Singapore.

I stayed in this property for nearly two weeks, so I have a fairly good perspective. The service is impeccable, everywhere. Everyone is nice, smiling, instantly responsive and helpful. I really have never received service like this at any hotel, anywhere.

And my room--where to begin? Heaven. the appointments were luxurious, the attention to detail superb, the daily cleaning service would even organize the items on my desk neatly and orderly. The shower and bath were invigorating. The coffee from my butler, outstanding.

I was visiting Singapore on a not-so-fun business trip and I really couldn't wait to get the heck out that place. But the St. Regis was my rock on that trip--I knew I would go home at the end of the day and and be completely relaxed. Reading a book next to the infinity pool was my favorite activity.

The Chinese restaurant at the hotel was VERY good, as was the poolside Italian restaurant. Avoid the overpriced breakfast buffet.

The hotel never seemed to be able to get the in-wall TV in the bathroom working, but everything else was so "right" at this place I didn't even care.

Don't care what people may say about Raffles, the St. Regis is hands down the best hotel in Singapore. Can't recommend highly enough, for business or pleasure!

Room Tip: Front, facing botanical gardens. Get a corner room if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The image that St. Regis portrays is one of luxury, opulence and grandeur. I am glad to say that on my first ever visit the hotel has exceeded my expectations. The lobby is fittingly cosy and welcoming, but also showing off that little extra touch of class.
The room does not disappoint, being of a good size with a nice high ceiling. Well chosen furnishings in design and material complemented the room perfectly. A very nice surprise was the Bose surround sound setup together with the large flat screen TV. Impressed. More surprises to come in the bathroom where you can laze in the bath while watching TV neatly integrated into the wall. Very impressed.
The service staff were good, although not exceptional. Similarly for the gym and swimming pool, which is open 24hrs.
An important part of the holiday for me is the breakfast. Regrettably the breakfast fell short of expectations. Although the dining environment was very nice, it was a full buffet breakfast. At this price range, for this level of hotel, I expected a cold buffet and to order my hot foods (as practiced in hotels of similar stature to Raffles Hotel, Four Season, Ritz Carlton).
Overall it was an amazing 4days/3nights at St. Regis and I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and a higher floor for the view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sramrevo
Reviewed 6 December 2011

As Platinum SPG guests we received an upgrade to a corner suite, which is very classically appointed.

Many other reviewers have written about the in-room entertainment center, which is extremely difficult to understand.

We found the staff to be very friendly, but also very slow: it took an average of 20 minutes for our butlers to bring tea. other requests also took a while.

Great breakkast and food quality overall. Good location as well, just around the corner from the major shopping and within easy reach of both public transport and good hotel taxi service.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank MRMARKV
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Would like to start off by saying how beautiful this hotel is! Stayed there end of November a 3N4D stay.

Pros - Despite the reviews regarding the Butler Service, we experienced not only speedy but excellent services. 'Tea-on-demand' is an amazing idea and it was a real treat! Everything else about the room were amazing, especially their free-standing bathtub.

Cons - I checked in during peak hours (mid afternoon on a Saturday) and there were only two check-in staff. Efforts by the concierge to seek out additional staff to attend to an extremely long line of guests were futile. Our suggestion - identify peak hours (based on past research) and have utilize all three check-in desks!

Unlike other hotels, the AC in our room was not switched on upon arrival. After switching it on, the temperature kept increasing instead of decreasing! Half a day later and several complaints to the staff, the hotel engineers were able to rectify the problem.

Other than that, we were treated with amazing service and it was a real pleasure staying at this place. Given the opportunity and efforts to improve hotel misgivings, we would definitely return to St. Regis, Singapore!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple