“Haven of discreet luxury close to orchard road”

The St. Regis Singapore
Ranked #30 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stayed one night. The St Regis on first impression is that of discreet and understated elegance rather than ostentatious opulence and luxury. Check in is very personalised rather than lining up in front of a desk in most other hotels. Our check in was however somewhat messy and we sat in front of the lady for almost 20 minutes as she tapped away on her computer apparently trying to locate a room even though we had confirmed reservations. We were reassured that the room was available and she was just heckling if the final inspection was done, though at one point we were asked if we had a very strong non- smoking room policy, to which I replied there was absolutely no compromise on that count! We were then ushered to the drawing room for complimentary coffee while she took some more time to get our room which was finally sorted in another ten minutes.

Whatever misgivings I had up to this point was instantly forgotten once we got into the room. Wow. It was a large room , with two large double beds and a sedan. There was also a mini alcove with your minibar. The adjoining bathroom was stunning, with a free standing traditional bath tub facing a second flat screen television set, with a His and Hers washbasins, and a separate WC and shower cubicle. The room was equipped with a fantastic Bose surround sound system which could be linked up to your iPod or iPhone . There is no free wifi or internet unfortunately. We took advantage of the complimentary butler service to order afternoon and morning coffee. Yu could also get your clothes pressed and shoes shined if you wanted. There is a complimentary wine and cheese tasting evening session at the Decanter bar which was a very nice prelude to venturing outside the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance to orchard road in one direction and the botanic gardens to the other, but we preferred to avoid the crowds and went instead to the closer Tanglin shopping mall.

There is a turn down service in the evening and a selection of Bernard Laurent chocolates left by the bedside .

Breakfast was served in a different ballroom as we were there during the Christmas season . I wood rate the breakfast selection as fair and not fantastic, as I have had better in other five and even four star hotels elsewhere. They have an Asian selection and I was disappointed with the porridge which was somewhat tepid as well as the coffee which tastes rather flat.

Likewise the gym was very average in my opinion, which left me longing for the one at the Taipei Gand Hyatt. The pool was also somewhat small but nice, with lounge deck chairs partially immersed in very shallow water bordering the main pool.

Check out was very efficient, and we were also given complimentary car parking.

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed 23 December 2011

The location is around 10 min walk from Orchard Road intersection. But it was a sensational walk.

That aside, taxi isn't so hard to come by. Therefore, location is actually considerably better than those located right on the hardcore-crowded street of Orchard.

It was my third time staying in St. Regis, and will do so again.

Amenities in the room were uncomplainable. Decent size and plenty of bathroom space.

Service was fantastic as well. The butlers were responsive and even fixed my loose button on the shirt!!

But since i was using Cash & Points all the time, i am not in the position to judge its value for the money. Though, my Cash & Point stays were definitely worth it!!

Room Tip: Even the standard room kicks butt given its space and amenities. And plus i do not think you get sh...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I had a fabulous stay here for 2 weeks for business. My room was so luxurious and elegant. There's a console of buttons to control the lighting and shades. The bed was really comfortable and there's a pillow menu. The in-room beverage service was a nice touch. The TWG Alexandria mint tea was the best tea I've ever had. Breakfast was good, but the items don't change much. I would come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We arrived at the St. Regis after a 13hr flight and the check in took over half an hour with very little being said to us while the receptionist tapped on her key board! This is supposed to be a 5* plus hotel and we didn't get told anything about the hotel, what time breakfast was, where the lift was or anything. The rooms themselves were great. Super king size bed, Bose sound system, rain showers etc.But the so called butler service, non existant. The hotel was in a great location if you plan to shop as it is just off Orchard Road and great to see Christmas lights.
there is also a few other major problems with this so called 5* hotel. The lifts!! You can wait up to 5 minutes for a lift and the hotel only has about 15 floors. Also the breakfast room is not big enough for the hotel size. One morning there was a queue of couples, kids & business people all waiting for a table, luckily my colleagues were already at a table but when I left some of the same people were still waiting! Not good

Room Tip: All rooms are well presented
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I decided to stay here as I'm a Starwood Preferred Guest and am always swayed by collecting points: Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. This was FOR THE BETTER. From Check-In to Check-Out this hotel delivered. The rooms are big and have a lighting control with presets for different moods. Large bathrooms with seperate bath and shower (I was unaware of the brand of shampoo etc...but it felt and smelt high end). For the room I had booked I had the use of a Butler (assigned) for the floor, complimentary tea or coffee as well as packing and unpacking. Room Service was prompt and not to expensive and the staff never made me feel they were waiting for a tip (unlike when in America). Breakfast is a feast again with great service. The location is just off Orchard Road yet still VERY central (2 Starbucks within a 5 minute stroll). It was the staff, that really made this hotel, no request was too big. If you're thinking of staying at The Hilton or Marriott, don't; They're both TOO busy and right in the thick of Orchard Road, this hotel offers a little peaceful haven within minutes of the craziness of Singapore.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good, I was on the 19th floor over looking the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I was in Singapore for a week on business and decided to stay at the St Regis - what a wonderful decision. I asked the hotel to arrange an airport transfer for me and they sent the Bentley - that was unexpected, but also just lots of fun - good to treat oneself when one can :-)

Upon arrival I was welcomed immediately at the reception desk, quickly checked in and up to my room. St Regis follow the concept of a floor butler. He greeted me and introduced me to my room. These rooms were excellent, large, well-appointed. To me success comes down to the shower pressure and the bed. I was so happy with both, I was disappointed for the last 2 weeks taking showers at home and other hotels.

I had breakfast in the lobby most mornings and considering the price for the buffet it is probably one of the best deals I have ever seen in a Starwood property.

The staff were always attentive - coffee and tea - free and available at the touch of a button to the butler. The toiletries were excellent, so no need to pack them (save the weight)!

Enjoy!

Room Tip: upper floors come with an improved view!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Having stayed at Grosnover House - Dubai, I never thought there could be a better hotel. How wrong I was. The St. Regis is a class act with service minded staff which are hard to compare with any other hotel I have ever stayed at.
Check I for me was very early in the morning and the girl at the desk (Harmony) was brilliant. She was wide awake and very cheerful. Everything went smoothly, professional and without any fuss.
My bags were delivered promptly and the room was perfect. Everything in the room was lush and elegant. Best of all, it was warm, cosy and easy to relax in. I am going to enjoy bringing my wife here.
The in room dining was fantastic. The food was good and very well presented. Best of all, was the butler service, which typifies the hospitallity of the St Regis. The butlers were always smiling and could never do enough. They always remembered my preferences and were very quick to respond.
The breakfast was also brilliant, one of the best selections I have ever seen and superbly presented.
I just loved this hotel. After reading all the reviews here on Trip Advisor I had very high expectations and the hotel did not disappoint.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business