We originally booked for 2 nights at St Regis due to some bad reviews in TA, and another 2 nights in another hotel with better TA ranking around the area. However, we were overwhelmed with the hotel and extended our stay to 4 nights from 22-26 Dec, a super peak period (thankfully they were not fully booked). Our Grand Deluxe room with 2 oversized single beds is sufficient to accommodate 2A2C in one room, and the room is simply gorgeous in every aspect, can’t find a spot to complain.
This is a hotel that LISTENS to complaints from TA, and improves from there on. Some myths about the hotel which was proven to be untrue:
1. Bad butler service – We had few butlers servicing us at different times during our stay, all are polite yet professional. We ordered the beverages everyday; and they always arrived within 15 minutes; regardless it was Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or Boxing Day, when I would expect some delay due to festive season. As I was having some really bad cough, at check-in the reservation officer asked whether I would like a pot of chamomile tea with honey to soothe my throat, and ordered the butler to prepare right away. Also noticed one butler carrying shopping bags for a lady, not sure how far the service can be stretched too though.
2. Wifi chargeable – we checked with the hotel and it was actually free but guests need to enter the website and select any packages (i.e. 1-Day, 2-Days etc), though they will not be charged for the selection. We had difficulty assessing the service and eventually the butler came up to help with our iPads. Some latest reviews still state that they charged for wifi so not sure whether if you asked for free wifi then you get it, else they charged.
3. No kettles in the room – they must have listened and provide one in every room now.
4. Toothbrush & toothpaste not provided – again, these are readily available.
5. TV screen not working in bathroom – it worked in our room but we hardly turned that on.
Though St. Regis is known to be more of a business hotel (most friends had advised to book for Marina Bay Sands for kids), the little guests were not neglected. There were cute bear cookies, M&Ms and chocolates for the kids on the first night. They did not provide on the second and third nights as we were out till late and when requested, pastry chef had left so they provided cookies in the jar. We requested earlier on our last night and the kids were thrilled to see the tray of bear cookies again. Kids had a whale of time in the bath tub, which is deeper and a class of its own.
Swimming pool not as small as expected but there were not many using the facility, probably due to the wet weather this time of the year. Guests were constantly provided with drinking water and fruits at the pool which is a nice touch.
Our special thanks also to the parking attendant Jing, who helped us daily with our parking as my husband had lost his autopass and was not accessible to the parking lot.
As our rate did not include breakfast, we went to Tanglin Mall most days for our meals. It is a family mall which was a total contrast from Orchard Road malls which are always crowded. Tanglin Mall is patronized mainly by the locals, on the left side of the hotel about 50m walk, with a Market Place that is convenient to get some fresh fruits etc. The Mall also has a Gymboree play area for smaller kids, a good toy shops with loads of PlayMobil and for adults, good coffee at Brunetti Café (a Melbourne Italian Café joint)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the heart of the city’s premier shopping district, with the world-class shopping of Orchard Road at your doorstep and the grandeurs of a 5-star hotel within, The St. Regis Singapore is the ideal residence for the discerning luxury traveller. The St. Regis experience begins when you arrive at Changi Airport. A luxurious St. Regis Bentley and chauffeur can be arranged for your journey to the address where timeless elegance resides.From its location at the most coveted address to the legendary St. Regis Butler Service, this is world-class hospitality at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The St. Regis Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Singapore Hotel Singapore
- St Regis Singapore