6 people are viewing this hotel
StRegis.com
US$340
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$340
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
FindHotel
US$303
Booking.comUS$339
Hotels.comUS$340
Trip.comUS$314
2,983 results
All reviews butler service astor bar remede spa la brezza brasserie les saveurs caroline astor suite lady astor room yan ting orchard road drawing room bose sound system executive deluxe room personal butler luxurious hotel tanglin mall botanical gardens in room dining
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Yes this is a great hotel, yes the location is excellent, yes the rooms are excellent...but what really makes this hotel is the service from the staff!! The service is faultless and personal, from the greeting at the door, to the check in and especially the personal butler. Having stayed at several other hotels in Singapore, this was my 3rd stay at St. Regis, and i will keep coming back.

My only complaint is that the Italian restaurant by the pool is not up to the standard of a hotel like this.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I am an SPF Platinum plus member and after spending months of my life in some farly ordinary Sheraton Hotels I decided to use some of my suite upgrades as I passsed through Singapore on my return from my Italy holiday. I was given a suite with a butler that had every convienience imaginable in a hotel room. Fabulous integrated sound system (Bose naturally), high speed wireless internet, amazing bathrooms, fully computer controlled lighting, curtains and audio/visual systems. I have to also mention an amazing shower.... Forget Singapore, I could just hibernate in the St. Regis! As a matter of fact we arrived in to Singapore from Italy about 8am. We went shopping for half a day then lay by the pool for the aftrenoon. Trying to stay awake until 10pm we had canapes in the pool bar then spent the evening with the Italian Chef and his staff feasting on some wonderful home made food. We planned to rise early the next morning and taste the promised excellent coffee prepared by our butler but the bed was so comfortable that we slept through until 1pm the next day.
I am now spoilt. How can any other hotel exceed the St. Regis? Love it, love it, love it...

Room tip: Sorry, stay out of my favourite suite. :-) just kidding, if you can swing it... get a suite.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bobby_Sole
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I am more then a little familiar with the brand St.Regis and when I have the opportunity I try and stay in one. This time it was Singapore's turn. The hotel is ideally located about three hundred meters from one of the most famous shopping streets in the world, Orchard Road. The moment you come up on the driveway you know that the staff here means business, you are greeted warmly by the varied staff members around the entrance, your bags are loaded on a trolley with minimum fuss and before you know you are unpacking in your room...a very well appointed room indeed. Before you're completely unpacked however you will have to put up with a couple more members of staff who will want to welcome you...your butler probably the most useful one.
The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated, The mattress heavenly and a pillow menu ensures that your sleep is a fitful one. The marble bathroom is large and the shower stall boasts a four jet high pressure shower. If you can't do without a second of TV...there's one at the end of the bathtub.
Room service, even local food, is excellent. Evening turndown service is performed thoughtfully, the concierge desk is manned by experience staff whom you don't have to explain twice why you want your car brought up to the driveway and the butler coordinator on the phone is more then a note taker.
Ah, the bar, The Astor Bar...walk in, turn sharp right and if you are lucky that table in the corner is not taken. It's my favourite vantage point to watch Singapore unwind whilst enjoying excellent cocktails or a local beer.

Room tip: The Executive Suite are well worth the investment if you need more space. A big walk-in closet is always a practical feature.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have been coming 3-5 times a year for 3 years so I have some perspective. For the first two years it was easily our favourite hotel in Singapore and I wrote positive review after my first visit, mainly because of the lovely rooms and the quietness in the rooms. Hotels around the marina have had construction happening nearby late at night for several years now and cannot guarantee an uninterrupted sleep.

The rooms are still the best we've tried in Singapore, however, service has got progressively worse over the last year and we are finding it more difficult to not try other places, altho we have already stayed in many of Singapore's 5 star hotels. Breakfast is a mess. Not only is much of the food of low standard, there is often a queue to get a seat which is not pleasant at most times, but particularly frustrating if you need to make a meeting in the morning. Even at 10am on a Monday we still needed to wait for a table. Imagine peak times. Service was terrible. Several times I had to ask 2-3 times for things and was often greeted with a blank stare followed by a rapid shuffling of feet away from me to be never heard from again. I was in a St Regis suite this time so we took breakfast in our room for the first two days. First day they only got one order wrong, second day it was 4 orders (despite circling what we wanted), so that's when we tried to give the restaurant another try to our continuing frustration. Breakfast has been a problem since the first time we came here 3y ago.

On one of the days my wife's key did not work. When she went to the front desk and asked to have the key recoded she was given significant attitude by the reception staff. "What are you doing with this card?" she was asked in a brusque fashion "it's not the one for your room". Duh, you gave it to her on check-in, receptionist! She spoke with such attitude to my wife, demanding what she was doing with a card that was not meant for our room that the concierge decided he needed to apologise and sort the mess out.

Last time we came to this hotel, the reception told me my book was wrong and that I was a day late and need to pay no-show charges. I showed her the printout given to me by St Regis themselves showing that the date was correct. Still she would not accept it and wanted to verify with the manager in the back. Never once did she apologise for the system's mistake or admit to the error. There is high turnover at this front desk and the very young staff can be very defensive and brusque if everything is not in order. Even if it is straight forward as in the case of changing my wife's key, they still may to give you a hard time. We were polite, dressed in smart casual and paying rack rate on a suite. I'm not sure where all this attitude comes from. And as I said, I have been to this hotel regularly, but there is never any recognition of this from the staff.

The butlers tend to continue to try hard but the communication between the butlers and the staff that take the calls is sometimes poor. We've never seen the same butler on different stays - high turnover as well? The doormen who get the taxis are also good, fending off some people who tried to cut the queue, but we recognize these staff as being there when we first came three years ago so no doubt they are more experienced than some others at the hotel.

The poor service quality was probably made even more stark because we had just arrived from an Aman resort, however, the problems here have been ongoing for a long time. We really like the rooms, but the service here is starting to cause more grief than the comfort of the rooms. We have mentioned several times to management the problems at this hotel. Some things have been improved but there is obviously a long way to go.

Room tip: My favourite is a room at the front on a high floor but I've never had a bad room. The rooms at the back of the hotel are away from the main road in front but I've never had a problem with noise at the front either and we are light sleepers. The rooms at the front will have more light if that is a preference.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank DirkHartog
TheSRSManagement, Director of Front Office at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear DirkHartog

Please accept our apologies for your unfortunate experience during your stay at The St. Regis Singapore.

We have taken note of your comments and will review the experiences that you have shared. It is the policy of our hotel that all our staff uphold a professional image to deliver world-class service to all our guests. Regular trainings and reviews are conducted to facilitate this goal.

We thank you for your continued patronage of The St. Regis Singapore and look forward to enhancing your experience in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Cameron Cundle
Director of Front Office
The St. Regis Singapore

Reviewed 23 October 2012

The rooms and the hotel itself are amazing, but what set our stay apart from other hotels was the exceptional service, in particular the butler service. Nothing was a problem to organize, even sewing a button that had fallen off my pants, was done with minimal fuss whilst I was at breakfast. Within walking distance to orchard rd and great rates on the weekends, this hotel is a must if you want to be in the heart of the shopping district. And given that most guests are business guests, you may find yourself with the entire pool to enjoy. Breakfast was also another great surprise with a huge selection for the health conscious. You have your traditional buffet fair, but plenty of choices if you're into the new wave of super foods, protein centric breakfast, etc.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple