“Short 1 night stay that I wanted it to last for 1 week”

Ranked #29 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I booked a Deluxe Room for 1 night and after 5 mins wait at the check in desk I was promptly attended by the St Regis check in staff. I was upgraded to its Executive Suite (Room #401) and despite arriving late for check in at 7pm I was told the room was not ready yet due to another guest paid extra for an extra late check out.

Upon entering the room at 7.30pm I found the room to be decent in size (for Singapore's standard) with separate living room and a plush looking sofa and mini chandeliere. Bedroom also equally nice with a warm feelin to it. Comes with walk in closet and a marble bathroom which featured typical St Regis TV over a bathtub (I especially like the bath salt given by the hotel so be sure to take advantage of that). Shower pressure was nice with water jet function.

One thing I didnt like about the room was its electronic curtain and shades and the remote control was rather confusing. It looks so worn out and doesnt seems to functions properly. Rather preferred the built in electronic curtain adjusting system that sits firmly on the bedside at St Regis Osaka.

The lounge I went on the 2nd floor was appaling with no more than 2-3 small finger foods available. The display foods does not look appealing to me at all. Again, this is where I miss most over at St Regis Bangkok where platinum guest can enjoy a daily sommerlier selection at Decanter during the evening. Although I was not sure if I went to the wrong place here at St Regis Singapore as when I asked 2 different staff about happy hour they both told me 2 different venues. One said on 2nd floor while other directed me to the Lobby level (right hand side of the hotel's main entrance). Nevertheless I never did tried to gain access to the Lobby level one.

Breakfast was great with nice but rather small selection of foods. This does not bothered me though as the selection was nice and of top quality. Although I still prefer breakfast at Bangkok and Osaka's St Regis but nevertheless, its still one of the nicest breakfast I had in Singapore's 5* hotel (in my opinion anyway).

If price is right, I'll definitely be back again. Mind you, the location of the hotel isnt directly off Orchard Road and it involves some good 10 mins walking. On a boiling or wet afternoon its advisable to take a cab if you dont want to arrive at the hotel looks like a wet puppy!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SPGLovers
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear SPGLovers,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with us. We would like to also thank you for your kind words. We have noted your invaluable feedback, and we truly appreciate it.

I have personally shared it with the relevant team, and rest assure that the necessary amends will be in place.

The St. Regis Singapore

Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Didnt find anything to complain about. Great breakfast buffet, large deluxe room, a/v equipment good, nice pool and spa, friendly staff at reception (flexible). AC did work quiet and efficient.
Maybe the gym could be a bit better equipped

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BrokerH
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear BrokerH,

Thank you for your kind words of your St. Regis experience with us, and also for taking the time to share it with your fellow travellers.

We would like to have you know that we have just recently made some refurbishments to our fitness centre. We certainly hope you will be back soon to join us here at the address where timeless elegance resides and for a brand new gym experience.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I never write reviews on 5 star franchise hotels because you expect a certain standard of service/quality of food and it is a given. However the hamburger I ordered poolside was hands down the worst I have ever had. Firstly, when I ordered the burger at 11:20am, the staff replied in his words "you will have to wait until noon when the kitchen opens." So I then showed him the menu that read "poolside snacks served from 11-7pm" The man walks off as if I am burdening him and 30 minutes later returns with the WORST burger ever. I`m sure the buns were previously frozen as it was super dry and the bottom was still ice cold. Cold bun, no cheese, no pickles, bad french fries, bad ketchup...I should have sent it back but I was so hungry at this point that I discarded the buns and just ate the burger meat.

Also when we were getting ready to check out, not one receptionist was at their desk. The concierge from across the lobby just looked at us and carried on sitting there doing nothing while we stood there for about 5 minutes waiting for someone to help. LAAZY if you ask me.

On the flip side, location is great for shopping. Our butler was helpful. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. I hope the hotel management invests more time in educating their staff so guests can have a better experience at the St.Regis.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzukes17
TheSRSManagement, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear suzukes17,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with us. First of all, we would like to apologise that some aspects of your stay were not to your exacting expectation, particularly your experience at LaBrezza.

I have personally noted your invaluable feedback, and I have shared it with the team. I want to assure you that the necessary amends will be in place to ensure that your next experience with us will be truly beyond your expectation.

We have also noted your generous praise of our butler service, a St. Regis heritage we are all proud to be a part of.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Oscar Perez
Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Tried the St Regis for a second time in Singapore and still the only way to describe the service is terrible.

Don't get me wrong the hotel infrastructure is very nice; beautiful rooms - the best is probably the standard room because the design makes great use of space.

The French restaurant is poor; food is totally uninspiring and service is really really bad. The staff walk like zombies around the restaurant, usually trying to avoid customers and then when the customer does manage to get their attention they usually ignore the request or forget half the order. A clear example of the level of service to expect was where a we asked the waiter to check whether a particular option on the menu had nuts in it because of an allergy and once confirmed changing the order to something without nuts the staff then proceeded to serve an appetizer to the customer with nuts !

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank HewiLondon
TheSRSManagement, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear HewiLondon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with us. First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise that your experience at Brasserie Les Saveurs was not to your exacting expectation.

I have personally noted your feedback and shared it with the culinary team as well as the service team at the restaurant, and I want to assure you that the necessary amends will be in place including the essential training of our staff to ensure that our guests' expectations are met.

We are definitely looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Oscar Perez
Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Recently returned from a five day stay at this beautiful hotel. Stayed with a friend and we loved it. Paid a bit extra to get the double room and it was worth it. The room was large with two double beds and plenty of storage for two travellers whom were determined to do a lot of sightseeing and shopping! The bathrooms are beautifully appointed. What was particularly pleasing was that the photos on the hotel's website were exactly what you got - there is no dressing up of the photos here the hotel is as beautiful as it looks across its marketing photos. I particularly loved the complementary use of the wet/ spa areas with its hydrotherapy plunge pool - fantastic option alongside the use of the pool. The much published butler service is great but we didn't take full advantage of all its offerings. The hotel is in a fantastic location, just off the main strip of shopping however if you want to go anywhere they have no trouble in securing you a taxi in seconds. Each member of staff we encountered provided exceptional service, we didn't want to come home... Any suggestions for improvement? The breakfast buffet was nice but tried it twice and twice the eggs and bacon were cold. Also, the in room dining menu post 12am dosent have a lot of light options so I would revisit this. Other than that, no complaints I'm defiantly coming back to this hotel and my friend felt the same. Thank you for making our five days there fantastic !

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlootz
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Charlootz,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. We have noted your invaluable feedback, and I have personally shared them with the relevant team.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed there for a weekend, booked via booking.com at very reasonable prices. Was really positively surprised. Big rooms, latest technology (DVD, Surround system etc), nice interior design, very clean and well looked after. Excellent bar with a great piano player. In short, a very pleasant experience.
The only thing which could be improved is the WiFi connection. Difficult and cumbersome to log in. This was even confirmed by staff

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Sharkdive1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. Thank you also for your kind words. Your generous praise of your stay with us is much appreciated.

We have noted your invaluable comment on our wifi connection, and I have personally shared it with the relevant department. Rest assure that we are already looking into improving this experience.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is extraordinary. Our room was fantastic, the views are simply breath stopping. The staff is overly courteous. The amenities are luxurious, to put it mildly. The food selection is vast and accommodates even the most picky palates. One could live in the spa all day, worth every penny. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank liz d
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear liz d,

Thank you for your kind words, and also for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. We appreciate it very much.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.