“Beautiful Hotel, Great Service”

Ranked #30 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband & I spent a night at the Regis after we got married. We stayed in the most beautiful suite! It was spacious, clean and had the perfect bathroom and bed. Brandon Tan, the Manager on Duty congratulated us on our wedding and even had champagne and a cake sent up to our room! It was the best stay cation we've had in a Singapore hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ScullyTan
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear ScullyTan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with fellow distinctive guests. Thank you also for your kind words on the luxurious suite. Your appreciation for Brandon’s bespoke service has been conveyed and we would like to afford you our gratitude.

We cannot wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have recently travelled extensively for business staying in hotels for the last 6 months. I have tried the St Regis, and its equivalent within 3 other big hotel groups.
There are two contrasting aspects about my ongoing visit to St Regis Singapore: on the one hand, the hotel itself, including rooms, common spaces, amenities, furniture, etc. are excellent - among the best I've seen for hotels of this category. The service, on the other hand, is below expectations for a hotel of this category.

1) Hotel & Rooms:

The lobby is elegant, sobre, nicely decorated with artwork from famous artists, giving it this chic atmosphere. Rooms are spacious, extremely luminous, and seamlessly integrate latest technologies within a classical style. The beds are comfortable and the pillow menu will ensure everyone's tastes are met. The bathroom offered both shower and bathtub facing a TV. Storage space is large and easy to organize

2) Service
This is where there is significant room for improvement on three aspects at least. Some of the points below might seem trivial to some of you, but we're talking about a hotel that places emphasis on service...

A) check-in: I checked-in twice at the hotel, and everytime I had to wait more than 10 minutes to be taken care of. While this shouldn't happen, it can in fact happen anywhere. Other hotels with similar situations had the courtesy of offering me a complimentary drink / coffee while waiting and to apologize for the wait. None of this at the St Regis, all I got is a dry "sorry for making you wait". The issue is that from the conversations I heard, it is a recurrent problem and it seems nothing is being done to solve it

B) Breakfast: I'm talking about weekends here, as I had no issue at all on weekdays. Three days in a row I went down for breakfast at around 10.00 AM (it ends at 10.30 AM) and on the three occasions I had to wait around 15 minutes to get seated, usually in another area than the main breakfast place. Once again, no apologies, staff seemed stressed out and running around. On the second day they asked me to go upstairs to the pool area where the buffet would be the same. I did, but ended up in an outside area with no AC. When I asked for a fresh juice, the waiter told me it would take a while since they would prepare it downstairs and tried to convince me to change my order, which found rather unprofessional. If there is a capacity issue at breakfast, it should be dealt with. Also, when people come at 10.00, expecting 30 minutes of buffet and they only get 15, you should keep the buffet in place for a bit longer - in fact it was being taken off at 10.25...

C) In-room dining: ordered three times and twice, I had to ring them 3-4 times before someone picked up the phone. Same goes for removing the table - I often just left it myself outside my room. Also, the food quality was not that great - very oily fries, club sandwich that was rather cold, and salad sauce that was more solid than liquid....

So to sum it up, the St Regis has great infrastructure and could transform itelf to one of the best hotels in town. But efforts need to be made on service, otherwise it may well lose its glory!

Room Tip: Rooms with garden views are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bel20

Dear Bel20,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you also for your kind praises on the luxurious rooms and exceptional facilities. We have noted each and every single one of your invaluable feedback, please be assured that necessary amends and trainings will be in place to ensure that your next stay with us will be truly beyond expectations.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at St Regis for two nights en route to home. We had originally booked the Executive King Deluxe room. However, because it was my wife's birthday the following day we decided to upgrade to the Presidential floor for the second night. There was an additional charge of $120.00 for the upgrade. The first night we we're allocated room 912 on the ninth floor. We were really impressed, the room was a good size and was brilliantly appointed and tastefully decorated. The electric switches by the bed were a bit challenging but when you figured how to keep the blinds down and the lights up they worked a treat. The bed was fantastic and the pillow selection first rate. The bathroom was excellent with a standalone bath and twin basins. The view from the room was pleasant without being spectacular. The only complaint was that when we checked in we weren't particularly well informed about a couple of minor points like the time of breakfast and location. We went with the breakfast option and weren't disappointed although the airconditioning vents above our table by the window meant we were a little cold during our meal. After breakfast we we're relocated to the presidential room on the twentieth floor. We were under the impression this would give us access to the Club Lounge. We asked but once again the explanation was not clear. The girl on the desk seemed to be saying we would get canapés and drinks but the Butler would provide them. It appeared that there was no Club Lounge. Anyway our bags were moved to room 2012 and we went up. On entering we were really disappointed, the room was exactly the same as 912 just 11 stories higher. In fact there was no art on the walls and the furnishing looked a little more worn. A large stain on the backrest of the sofa was particularly disconcerting. The view was exactly the same as 912 just a little higher. Nothing to write home about there. However, we decided to accept the room for what it was and headed out for the day. We returned at about 5pm and rang for the canapés and drinks only to be told that all we were entitled to was hot drinks. We decide to go down and find out what was going on. Fortunately, the Duty Manager, Brandon was on the desk. When we explained our concerns he agreed that the situation had not been well handled. He explained that with the exception of the suite rooms there really was only two types of room available to us. The ones we had already been in and a very similar style where the window seat is located in the corner. Brandon felt, quite rightly, that we should have been given one of the alternate rooms so we would have at least an impression of getting a different room. I think the alternate rooms also had a different view. He also conceded that the upgrade only allowed for snacks (chips, nuts etc) and free flowing drinks not canapés as we thought. We couldn't help but think this was pretty poor value for $120.00. Brandon was sympathetic to our position and said he would organise a cheese platter for our room and arrange for the Butler to take our drink order. We returned to the room feeling a little better about the situation. We had only been back a short while before Brandon rang us. He explained that the Hotel did provide canapés and drinks on the sixth floor for executive guests and that given our situation he would like to invite us to join them. Once again hats off to Brandon who was obviously working hard to turn the situation around. We decided it was too good an offer to turn down and went down to the sixth floor where we were personally met by Yury the Assistant Chief Butler who ushered us to a table and offered canapés and drinks. Brandon popped in shortly after to make sure all was well. Some time later we returned to our room to find that the Hotel had delivered a beautifully presented birthday cake and chocolates for my wife. Needless to say the work by Brandon and his staffed really helped to turn a poor situation around and made my wife's special day that little bit more special. We still feel that St Regis need to reconsider their upgrade package but with fantastic staff like Brandon I'm sure they will make the right decision and continue to present a fabulous Hotel in it's very best light.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim C
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Jim C,

Thank you for taking precious time off to leave us a review. We do apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please be assured that necessary amends and trainings will be in place to further refine guests’ experiences. Thank you also for your generous praises for Brandon’s dedicated service, your appreciation has been conveyed and we would like to afford you our gratitude.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to the address where timeless elegance resides.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I had an opportunity to stay at the St Regis recently for a few days. The service was impeccable. The room was average. They bank on people being impressed with the bathroom. It was luxurious and large. I shared the room with a co-worker and we were comfortable. I assume most folks send their clothes down to be pressed, but I needed an ironing board to press my clothes. There isn't one in the room, but they were quick about bringing one. Because of my schedule, we did not eat in the restaurant. The hotel is expensive, so you really pay for the service. I don't yet have a comparison to other hotels in the vicinity, and next time I am likely to stay at the Marriott - not because the St Regis was not a nice place, but I am a Platinum member of Marriott so I receive amenities that St Regis can't offer the casual guest.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear DAW59,

Thank you for your kind words on luxurious room and flawless service at the preferred address. We are heartened that you have had a memorable stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great location - close to Orchard Road but quiet. Excellent Staff, particularly the concierge who offered great advise. Lovely spacious rooms. The perfect place to relax after a long day on your feet. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ali V
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Ali V,

Thank you for taking precious time off to leave us a review. Thank you also for your kind words on the impeccable rooms and bespoke service. We are heartened that you have had a memorable stay.

We cannot wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Overall a beautiful, full service property in a great location with spacious rooms. Some room for improvement when we stayed (Aug. 2013) with some of the guest services/butler, concierge, bar and front desk/billing services, for which we had "minor hiccups" during our 2 week stay. Although minor issues for a 4 star, we expect a St. Regis/5 star to not miss a beat him in these areas. In St. Regis' management's defense however, where we raised some of these concerns, response was prompt and reasonable accommodation made. Lastly, Wifi was not included and rather expensive. Laundry service also pricier than expected. The valet/bell service was top notch. We'd certainly be willing to give St. Regis another shot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stace5677

Dear stace5677,

Thank you for your kind praises on the luxurious rooms. We do apologise for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay, please be assured that appropriate amends will be in place to ensure that your next stay with us will be truly beyond expectations. You will also be pleased to note that WiFi has been made complimentary in all rooms and suites from January 2014.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel few years ago, I have high expectation on this hotel as I still remember my previous stay was very pleasant and satisfied. This time, I came here for business trip, and extend my stay for 2 nights here at the hotel. The staffs at lobby, including doorman, reception and concierge are all very friendly and helpful.

The room is very spacious and luxury, the butler is very helpful too, just I have given them a shirt for pressing, and requested it to be ready by 9am the next morning, finally it came at 9:30am. Otherwise, they are friendly and helpful.

The only comment I want to raise up is the service of the reception staff at the restaurant in the lobby, we went down for breakfast and request a table of two, the female reception staff of the restaurant asked us to wait as it is full, we really don't mind to wait, then she asked us to go in and bring us to the table, but we were stopped by the waiter inside as they said the table is actually taken, so we were told to go back outside to wait, but we were told to go in again with the same situation, this not happened just once but 2 days in a row. We really feel embarrassed and the female staff doesn't really apologized to us, too. For the time we need to wait for the food to come is not acceptable too, both my husband and I ordered egg Benedict, and my order came first, we thought my husband's order will come right after, but end up we wait for 15 mins, so we asked the waiter about the missing order, finally they realised they forgot about my husband's order, and we finally waited 45 mins in total and the order didn't come, we were just too upset and left the restaurant. I hope they could improve the service in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Begonia T,

Thank you for your kind words on the bespoke services and impeccable room. We do apologise for the inconvenience you had experienced when dining at Brasserie Les Saveurs. Please be assured that necessary amends and trainings will be in place to ensure that your next stay with us will be truly beyond expectations.

We hope to welcome you back.