“Good hotel”

Ranked #29 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We arrived early around 11.30 AM hoping to get our room as we arrived tiered from a long flight. However disappointing we had to wait for another 2 hours, our luaggue was stored away swiftly and we did a stroll around town. After returing the room was ready. The room it's led was nice and comfort blew designed with a nice view. The staff are friendly and helpful which made us feel very comfortable. The overall stay was great and we love the Buffett in the morning, the only downside was tr long wait for the room.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jennifer J
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Jennifer J,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore. Thank you also for your kind praises on the luxurious room and exceptional breakfast at Brasserie Les Saveurs. We truly appreciate it and would like to afford you our gratitude.

The St. Regis Singapore

Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Thumbs up to the staffs at st regis, they are helpful.
I was loading my baby and pram up my car.
The staff stand behind me and my car to ensure that oncoming car know of my presence.
Good job St regis team

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AhWee168

Dear AhWee168,

Thank you for your kind words on the impeccable service at The St. Regis Singapore. We truly appreciate it and would like to afford you our gratitude.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

For my husbands birthday I booked 2 nights in a suite at $1500 for the 2 nights. We arrived to be told by the pleasant lady at checkin, with a nice big smile that it was on 3rd floor, limited views and did we want to upgrade for an extra price. I was annoyed and asked that the manager supply something a little better than that, for the price paid, which was far in excess of what we wld have had to pay for similar at Swisshotel (beautiful suite, amazing views with exceptional service and a beautiful lounge for evening drinks and canapes), MBS, amazing views and wonderful VIP lounge, Ritz Carlton, similar, as are others we have stayed at, but I thought, by the photos, it looked special and it came with a" butler service and evening drinks" then it must surely be better. We waited quite some time and were offered a complimentary coffee while waiting. The Duty Manager, Leon, then came out and said he would upgrade us to a Caroline suite on 9th floor but we would need to be out at 12pm sharp on the day we were leaving. As we were leaving on a 10.30 pm flight on that night, and being a Sheraton member for many years, I thought that a bit dissappointing. I later looked at the rate on the net offered by the hotel for the Caroline suite and , even tho I had booked our suite direct, I found the price we had paid for the St Regis was very close to that for the Caroline suite. We went to our room and had been informed there was no "lounge" and that we would have to order complimentary drinks from the butler... We had ordered a bite to eat whilst having the coffee (and as our room was then ready we asked that it be delivered upstairs) and we decided to have a glass of wine with it, which we then duly ordered from the butler....the wine eventually arrived when we had finished eating, we ordered another small meal thru the butler and then also ordered another glass of wine each, waited , the meal eventually arrived at 9.35, the wine arrived when we had finished eating and for the 2 small snack meals and 2 glasses wine each had taken over 2 hrs.( On check out I found a charge of $58 for the very ordinary wine (which was meant to be complimentary)but when pointed out, Leon did deduct this). When the butler came with the first glass of wine, she said she could unpack and I asked for some more coathangers and she went away to get them. Still waiting, I later tel again for the coathangers which then arrived at 9.45, no hint of unpacking and by that time I had done it myself. I found it rather strange that they offer a butler service, and take a very long time to bring each 150-200 ml glass of wine, when they could come with a bottle and fill the glass, and can only assume that they allow 2 small glasses of wine per person per night. I would like to add that the wine was also a very ordinary wine, Im not sure of the make, but certainly not one I would like to order. I would have expected if they supply small glasses of wine, then it could be a better quality.
The next morning rethinking about our experience I went and complained about the lack of butler service and the fact we cld not get a late check out, and relayed to Kelvin Tang and I advised was so dissappointed (as this was a present) that we would like to check out. Well I couldnt have got a more helpful person, he was very empathetic and apologised and later in the day sent a bottle of wine and a birthday cake and fruit to my husband and arranged a 6.00pm checkout on our last day. Kelvin is certainly an asset to the hotel and because of him we were happy to stay for the 2nd night.
That night we thought we would have a couple of wines and then go for a meal in the restaurant downstairs, called butler service, well I have to tell you that this butler service is a very strange service ,it was a repetition of the night before.
Unlike other hotels which serve canapes with their drinks, St Regis serves, nuts or crisps, and we only found that out by asking, it was not offered ????.
However we went and had a meal downstairs and it was delicious.
We had breakfast downstairs looking out to the pool, which in itself is lovely, there is a buffet but in addition you can also order from a menu, which we did... lobster, prawn and caviar omelette with rocket and a seafood sauce, decadent and worth going there just for the breakfast.
Leon did tel and also apologise on the day we were leaving.
The suite itself is very nice, expensively and tastefully decorated and the finishes are lovely. The view was just of some green area, nothing special, the shower was fantastic, several nozzles. The tv in the bedroom had no volume but they fixed that the next day.
St Regis do excel in some areas, but perhaps their are also aspects where they fall far behind other hotels
Would I stay there again, probably not, would I go there for the breakfast, yes definately!!

Room Tip: not sure here, although the photos looked good, I was later told that all St Regis suites are on low...
1  Thank missiek
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear missiek,

Thank you for taking your precious time off to leave us invaluable feedback. We have noted each and every single one of them, please be assured that necessary amends and trainings will be in place to ensure that your next stay with us will be truly beyond expectations.

Your kind appreciation of Kelvin’s and Leon’s committed service has been conveyed. We truly appreciate it and would like to afford you our gratitude.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to the address where timeless elegance resides.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

One of our best stay in Singapore! I am obligated to point out one of the best service staff ive come across. Mr Vicknesh - Well done and keep up the service standards. He has the right attitude, passion for service and a professional at delivering it. We stayed 2 nights on 13-14 July. We liked it so much that we went back again and stayed for 3 nights 23-25th!

We had our dinner and went back to room, and what a surprise.... rose petals beautifully arranged, bubble bath all prepared, a beautiful cake on the coffee table.. room setup for the night. It was all so nice! and sooo romantic!! We had a great dinner @ Brasserie Les Saveurs and this just made our experience even better.

I was so impressed and wanted to thank him personally. We invited him to the room and found out how passionate he was in service. It shows in his work. And also, before we checked out, he came 1 hr earlier than his schedule duty and ensured everything went well. Now that's exceptional service!

A self motivated individual with impeccable service standards. A rare find. We wish him all the best in his future.

Thanks Mr Vicknesh

Vivan Huang & Muru

1  Thank Dark_Knight1977

Dear Dark_Knight1977,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with fellow travelers. Thank you also for your kind words on the exceptional dinner experience at Brasserie Les Saveurs. Your appreciation of Vicknesh’s dedicated service has been conveys and we would like to afford you our gratitude.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had booked 3 rooms during this family trip.
The water pressure is so low and the water isn't hot in the first day.
TV didn't have sound in 2 rooms on 6 th floor.
The radio didn't work in one room.
The cleaning lady rang the door bell at 8:30am in the morning, said that she was going to clean the room when we were all still sleeping.
Good thing is that St. Regis prepared a cake for my son's birthday.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Yvonnepig,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback. We do apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please be assured that necessary amends will be in place to ensure that your next stay with us will be truly memorable.

We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband & I spent a night at the Regis after we got married. We stayed in the most beautiful suite! It was spacious, clean and had the perfect bathroom and bed. Brandon Tan, the Manager on Duty congratulated us on our wedding and even had champagne and a cake sent up to our room! It was the best stay cation we've had in a Singapore hotel.

2  Thank ScullyTan

Dear ScullyTan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with fellow distinctive guests. Thank you also for your kind words on the luxurious suite. Your appreciation for Brandon’s bespoke service has been conveyed and we would like to afford you our gratitude.

We cannot wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have recently travelled extensively for business staying in hotels for the last 6 months. I have tried the St Regis, and its equivalent within 3 other big hotel groups.
There are two contrasting aspects about my ongoing visit to St Regis Singapore: on the one hand, the hotel itself, including rooms, common spaces, amenities, furniture, etc. are excellent - among the best I've seen for hotels of this category. The service, on the other hand, is below expectations for a hotel of this category.

1) Hotel & Rooms:

The lobby is elegant, sobre, nicely decorated with artwork from famous artists, giving it this chic atmosphere. Rooms are spacious, extremely luminous, and seamlessly integrate latest technologies within a classical style. The beds are comfortable and the pillow menu will ensure everyone's tastes are met. The bathroom offered both shower and bathtub facing a TV. Storage space is large and easy to organize

2) Service
This is where there is significant room for improvement on three aspects at least. Some of the points below might seem trivial to some of you, but we're talking about a hotel that places emphasis on service...

A) check-in: I checked-in twice at the hotel, and everytime I had to wait more than 10 minutes to be taken care of. While this shouldn't happen, it can in fact happen anywhere. Other hotels with similar situations had the courtesy of offering me a complimentary drink / coffee while waiting and to apologize for the wait. None of this at the St Regis, all I got is a dry "sorry for making you wait". The issue is that from the conversations I heard, it is a recurrent problem and it seems nothing is being done to solve it

B) Breakfast: I'm talking about weekends here, as I had no issue at all on weekdays. Three days in a row I went down for breakfast at around 10.00 AM (it ends at 10.30 AM) and on the three occasions I had to wait around 15 minutes to get seated, usually in another area than the main breakfast place. Once again, no apologies, staff seemed stressed out and running around. On the second day they asked me to go upstairs to the pool area where the buffet would be the same. I did, but ended up in an outside area with no AC. When I asked for a fresh juice, the waiter told me it would take a while since they would prepare it downstairs and tried to convince me to change my order, which found rather unprofessional. If there is a capacity issue at breakfast, it should be dealt with. Also, when people come at 10.00, expecting 30 minutes of buffet and they only get 15, you should keep the buffet in place for a bit longer - in fact it was being taken off at 10.25...

C) In-room dining: ordered three times and twice, I had to ring them 3-4 times before someone picked up the phone. Same goes for removing the table - I often just left it myself outside my room. Also, the food quality was not that great - very oily fries, club sandwich that was rather cold, and salad sauce that was more solid than liquid....

So to sum it up, the St Regis has great infrastructure and could transform itelf to one of the best hotels in town. But efforts need to be made on service, otherwise it may well lose its glory!

Room Tip: Rooms with garden views are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Bel20

Dear Bel20,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you also for your kind praises on the luxurious rooms and exceptional facilities. We have noted each and every single one of your invaluable feedback, please be assured that necessary amends and trainings will be in place to ensure that your next stay with us will be truly beyond expectations.