The St. Regis Singapore
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$197
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$161
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$528
US$368
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$182
US$146
  • Breakfast included
2,339 results
All reviewsbutler serviceastor barla brezzaremede spalady astor roomorchard roadbose sound systemcaroline astor suiteexecutive deluxe roomspg platinumpersonal butlerluxurious hotelpillow menubotanical gardenstanglin mallmarble bathroombreakfast service
Reviewed 2 November 2009

My wife and I stayed at the St Regis a couple of years ago after it has just opened and we were very dissapointed.

We decided to give it another try for our weedinfg anniversary just passed, and we are very glad we did.

They didn't just iron out the kinks we experienced the first time, they went over them with and very hot steam roller.

Abosolutely perfect, the staff have the balance of help versus hinder spot on, which was lacking last time, they upgraded me due to plat SPG card and the room was great, and everything worked, which was a problem last time, the breakfast was not upto Shangri-lah standards but it was none the less very very good, which is was not the last time.

But most of all you got that six star feeling, which we defintely didn't not a couple of years ago,

Well done.................

I guess like all good things they need time to mature, and the St Regis Sing, is in its prime now.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2009

The best hotel I found in singapore.

Spacious room ( executive room? rm# 915). My friend booked for me. I don't know exact room type though. S$400 seems reasonable price in that area given the hotel quality.

Good service. I checked in around 1AM. The girl escorted me to the room and gave me full introduction of facilities. The butler is good. Got one free laundry a day.

Internet access. S$ 32 a day. Well, I don't like this very much although most luxury hotel charges.

Botero sculptures: several piece of Botero's work. It's fabulous. Millions of dollors for those pieces I guess.

Good audio system: 5 bose speakers hooked with tv, dvd, cd and radio

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2009

This may be the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in. It's all you'd expect from a St. Regis, but the rooms are really quite something. The only other Singapore hotel I've tried is the Grand Hyatt. I liked the Hyatt, but it seems downright spartan in comparison.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I tried this hotel since they were advertising a 20% discount on pre-paid rooms. We booked into a Lady Astor Suite and were upgraded to a a Deluxe Executive Suite - nice start! This is a common hotel ploy for newbies to a hotel but appreciated anyway. The lobby area already looks a little dated. I'm not sure about the designer choices. Perhaps they were going for old-style luxury but some of the carpeting and light choices makes it look dated even tho the hotel is only 2y old.
The suite was great, one of the best I've stayed in. It was luxurious and with all the mod-cons even if the numerous lighting controls took the full three days to decipher. Bed was comfy. Butler service was friendly and efficient and nothing was too much hassle. We would have liked to have the option of making our own tea in the room but it was nice that we could get the butler to custom make a ginger honey lemon tea since I had a sore throat. You get two tea servings a day for free.
My wife told me the massage (done by a guy in this instance) at the remede spa was great and the facilities looked good with rain shower room, wet and dry saunas, jacuzzi etc.. The gym and lap pool (at least 20m, maybe 25m) also looked very good altho I was not feeling well enough to try them out.
It's about a 5-10min stroll to the start of the main Orchard Rd shops so the location is pretty good and there is a small mall with a supermarket 2min walk away in the opposite direction for anything small or urgent.
The only negative thing I can say about the hotel is the breakfast and unfortunately it's a big negative. The food quality and selection was poor, even for a 3 star hotel, and the service was of a similar standard. It's as if they subcontracted out the breakfast room to a cheap third party caterer. Very few of the fruit on offer was ripe (mostly sour) and the hot foods area was almost inedible (scrambled eggs was like yellow soup one day, the sausages tasted like cardboard). I am not surprised about the previous reviewer saying the afternoon tea is poor if it's done by the same kitchen and staff. If breakfast was not included in my package I would have definitely eaten at the cafe in the mall which is quite popular with expat wives doing their grocery shopping.
Despite this gripe, the hotel is now definitely high on my list of hotels to stay in Singapore as long as they keep offering these deals. I don't mind paying a bit of a premium over nearby 5 star hotels for what is a better hotel, in my opinion, but the normal rack rate is a bit much. It's definitely worthwhile for a special occasion or a pamper. Just go to the nearby mall for breakfast until they get this problem fixed.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DirkHartog
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We only visited for Afternoon Tea, but I think it's worth giving feedback on that experience, especially as it is so different from the rave reviews that almost everyone has given here who has actually stayed in the hotel.

Here's what happened: "Champagne High Tea" in the Brasserie Les Saveurs was advertised as starting at 3:00pm. We arrived a few minutes after that and we, together with one other guest, were told that it had not yet started, so we stood around in the lobby. Shortly after we were shown to our table.

The waiter pulled back the seat for me, and I immediately noticed that it was badly stained (presumably with food or drink?) in three or four places. I asked for it to be changed.

I sat down and it was immediately obvious that the champage flutes on the table were dirty - I picked mine up and saw both lip-stick marks and water stains. I asked the waiter to replace both glasses.

We placed our order and asked for some iced water (which I could see was close-at-hand on the waiter's table). After maybe 5 minutes, none had been provided. The restaurant was starting to fill up and it became clear that there were just not enough staff on duty to provide attentive service. Eventually I had to walk over to the same waiter (head waiter?) and ask again for the water.

We order the quiche and satay savouries. Maybe ten minutes later, quiche and dim sum arrived instead. That was sent back and next our requested quiche and satay appeared. Later in the meal another waiter appeared to bring us the quiche and satay which we had already been served. Later still, yet another waiter appeared with - you've guessed it! - the same dishes again. After the second of the four deliveries, the head waiter came over, apologised for the error with the first, and offered us a complimentary extra glass of champagne.

We enjoyed most of the food, except for the rock-hard, stale scones and one sponge cake which must have been several days old. But absolutely nowhere was there any 6-star "wow" factor.

Instead there was a bill of SGD 125 (about USD 90) for 2 people. I would have been happy to pay that steep price for afternoon tea if it truly was a 6-star, excellent food and wonderful service offering, but it very much was not.

On the way out, we happened to be greeted by the hotel's general manager. I gave him our feedback which he accepted graciously.

What surprised me, overall, is how a hotel of this notional 6-star rating can get away with disorganised, untrained and insufficient waiting staff; with food that is no more than good and in some cases awful; dirty furniture and filthy glasses; and sky-high prices?

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends