“Excellent hotel, superb service.”

The St. Regis Singapore
Ranked #29 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We stayed at the St Regis Singapore for two nights in August. It was our third stay at the hotel in 12 months, and each visit exceeds our expectations.
We had an Exeuctive Suite which was spacious, well appointed and spotless. The butler service and housekeeping was excellent as usual.
We had the St Regis Bentley transfer service including JetQuay which was excellent and remarkably effiicient after a long flight. On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by Mr Teo the assistant manager who personally escorted us to our room.
The pool and spa are very comfortable and the best of all the luxury hotels in Singapore that we have stayed at.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for both a business or leisure stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed 27 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in July.After reading mixed reviews I was a bit concerned as we prefer 5 star qualities when we travel...This hotel met every criterea of a five star hotel.Gorgeous hotel very well located,beautifully appointed rooms and exceptional concierge service.I highly recommend this hotel for an excepional experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Attention to details to make the guests feel special. The Remede Spa is simply superb! So going back again!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2010

As an SPG member I choose the St Regis as I generally use the SPG group.
I want to be fair in my review so will firstly mention the good points.
The rooms are well furnished and very comfortable.
The staff are very friendly.
The spa is really nice.
Although the pool is a little small it is very nice.
The bad points :
Charging $20 per day for a very slow and unreliable internet service is unacceptable.
Quality of food at breakfast for room service was poor. Dried out eggs and mass purchased potato fritters in a five star hotel ?
Upon complaining about a broken light it was immediately repaired, to break again a few hours later.
Bar service was slow and I even left the bar because I could not get served.
My biggest issue however was the management when I made my complaints. They seem to think that walking up to a guest and introducing themselves by first name and without mentioning their title or function is an acceptable manner of behaviour. Not as far as I am concerned.
Overall I left the hotel unhappy and disappointed.
I will certainly not use the St Regis again and would certainly not reccomend it to anyone who expects the 5 star level of service.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Celticjo58
StRegisSingapore1, Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2010

Dear Celticjo58,

Thank you for selecting The St. Regis Singapore during your recent stay in Singapore. We take all reviews seriously and appreciate your feedback highlighting our forte and the areas for improvement. Regrettably, you have left the hotel dissatisfied with the feeling that you have not been served up to the standards you would expect of the St. Regis. We will diligently look into the comments you have raised in our efforts to continuously and consistently improve our service level.

We sincerely hope that you will consider a return visit to the hotel and to give us the opportunity to meet your expectations at The St. Regis Singapore.

Oscar Postma
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2010

I travelled with my parents and brother to Singapore in July, and this is our first time staying at the St. Regis Singapore. The hotel is just gorgeous, and the butler was so helpful and professional who helped us to arrange the tickets to the Universal Studio Singapore in advance. The butler also arranged the in room tea/coffee by request, and we just felt like home. The room size is big, as it's over 50sq m.
The location is very convenient, it just took us around 15min to walk to the Isetan Dept Store at Orchard Rd.
We enjoyed our stay at St Regis very much.... will definitely be back again.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Aomori
Reviewed 21 July 2010

The rooms are excellent and the position OK depending what you want to be near. A short walk to Orchard Rd but in the heat and with young kids not as central as other hotels. Services is excellent. We found it more a business hotel and with 4 young children we felt it a little sterile and like we were out of place. Staff giving the kids not nice looks etc. should they invade on the business like environment. We checked in at 5:30pm and our rooms were not ready. this is a BIG negative when coming off an 8 hour flight with four young children. Also the breakfast is quite lacking. Otherwise we enjoyed the property.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank dgold105
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Quiet, luxurious, and the staff treat you very nicely. The restaurants are worthwhile too, in particular the Italian on the pool and spa level, and the Chinese (try the lobster fried rice - yum). The bar inside the main entrance was perfect to come back to after a day in the heat, and my husband was able to conduct some meetings there. The decor is more Asian opulent rather than chic-but-indistinguishable-international-moneyed-modern. Location perfect. However, must gently disagree with previous poster - the MRT is not a mere 3 minutes away - more like 10/15 minutes, and those in the sticky heat, so just be aware. I recommend going underground on Orchard Road and walking in the air conditioned cool of the subterranean mall. Breakfast at the hotel is fine - basically a good buffet with international offerings, and an omelette station. Service was mostly good at breakfast but occasionally went wrong - someone forgot to bring us coffee, that sort of thing. Really nothing serious, especially when compared to the rest of the experience. Just want to add that our departing flight was awkwardly late at night, so the hotel allowed us not only to leave our luggage at the hotel after checkout, but also to return after dinner, use the spa to have a shower and change our clothes and generally ready ourselves for the 14 hours of flying we faced. That was a nice touch. This is by no means a cheap option, but I would stay at the St. Regis again, and recommend it to others without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple