“Central location, large rooms, good facilities and service”

The St. Regis Singapore
Ranked #29 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Exceeded expectations on a three night visit. Upgraded room had double balcony. Good space and quality. TV average, breakfast pricey - best to head out to many cafes locally. Gym excellent but you might not find it straight away - go outside past swimming pool. Otherwise fully satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,264)

Reviewed 25 January 2011

Returned to Singapore in January 2011 and stayed once again in the St Regis.

The hotel continues to be my favorite place to stay in Singapore. As I am a SPG Platinum member you get a number of complimentary amenities such as upgraded rooms, free wi-fi, butler service, free breakfast just to name a few.

As always the staff were courteous and service was excellent for the most part. My only complaint on this stay was the close to 20 mins it took them to check me in. I believe they were having some issues opening up a room for me as I was late checking in due to a missed flight in Tokyo.

This stay I also spent a little time in the spa using the whirlpools and steam rooms. The spa is spectacular and the service was excellent.

The reason I keep coming back to the St Regis is not only the hotel amenities and service I receive but it's location also. As it is close to Orchard Road you have numerous shops and restaurants within walking distance to the hotel.

As I person who travels extensively I would strongly recommend the St Regis Singapore.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
StRegisSingapore1, Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2011

Dear SuperDave15,

Thank you very much for choosing to return to your address while in Singapore, the St. Regis. It is very encouraging to hear that you were provided with a memorable stay.

Your kind kudos has been conveyed to our staff during our daily briefings to encourage and spur them on to continuing in our commitment of uncompromising personal service.

Our sincere thank you once more for acknowledging us and our staff in a public forum like this, and we remain at your service to continue providing you an address of refined living.

Warm personal regards,

Thomas Schwall
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights on my way through to Beijing from Perth. My wife can with me for some R&R. A fabulous location right at the top of Orchard Road. The hotel is beautiful, small and intimate (not like Westins which are huge and somewhat business focussed). I dont think I could have chosen a better place to stay with my wife. We were upgraded to a corner, Lady Astor suite. The service is very St Regis - quiet, unobtrusive and at most times seamless. The butler service was fantastic - my wife's pet hate is no tea making facilities in the room - here you can call the Butler 24/7 for tea; with a selection of about 1- different teas to chose from. I wouldn't bring my younger kids to this hotel, only because it is small and intimate and I would be concerned about them upsetting the ambience for other guests...in fact I think I only saw 1 or 2 young kids while there...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Normally I like to do a pro's and con's but in this case there were no con’s so I think I will just give you a quick review. My wife and I stayed at this property on 12/24/10 and 12/26/10 after a terrible experience at another property in Singapore.

The service at this St Regis is over the top I can think of very few properties in the world that could compare. They are centrally located right off Orchard Street and the pool, spa, gym, rooms, restaurant are all fantastic.

We had the pleasure of having Christmas dinner here in the main restaurant and the food, entertainment, and ambiance were perfect. I believe every senior staff member stopped to check on us and introduce themselves during various times in the evening. I don’t think we could have felt more welcome if we were at home with the family.

Honestly I could go on and on so I won’t bother just take my word for it if you are going to stay anywhere in Singapore this is the place.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Synfi,

It is indeed heartening to read your high compliments of The St. Regis Singapore. We certainly endeavor to continue providing each of our guests the personal service that is the hallmark of the St. Regis brand.

Thank you sincerely for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit our garden city, and would be honoured to remain your address when in Singapore.

Warm Personal Regards,

Thomas Schwall
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 January 2011

We stayed at the St Regis for 3 nights on a Singapore stopover. I just loved this hotel - especially the complimentary butler service that came with our Deluxe Room. Being able to call someone 24 hours a day and get your ironing turned around pronto or a cup of tea - at no extra charge - made me feel like a princess. Its nice that the tea they serve is a premuim Singaporean brand and that the cups and silver they serve it on are of a similar standard. St Regis do work hard on the little stuff - there's even a chair in the lift! And whatever pillow you like - believe me they have it covered - there are 15 to choose from!

The hotel is well positioned around the corner from Orchard Road shopping and down the road from the Botanical Gardens. I recommend it highly.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I stayed 2 nights at St. Regis for conference and business meeting. Room was spacious, even though it was a bit dark for me. Bathroom was very nice. Too bad that I had problem to connect to the internet. The staffs were very helpful but I still couldn't get connection that night. I was expected flawless quality at St. Regis, but I guess bad luck could happen sometimes. Overall I was pretty satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Was here for the Christmas. Had a great time. Its not a very big hotel. Heard a lot about it, it stood to its name. Hotels like these redefine - 5 star benchmarks.

I mean its not all that glitzy or grand but still its the St.Regis. Wine tastings, French dining ,Tea dances & Bentley rides. Elitest of the elite flock here. Its like a religion, high in style & service. Been to so many luxury hotels in my life, St.Regis felt different. More private, more like an Elite club.

Nothing about it that makes you go awe, niether anything you can fault. Clean & Well maintained. Requests are seldom turned down and service is A+. You have to be here to experience it. Technologically advanced. Remede toiletries & Mirror image TV facing the bath tub.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business