“Stay away. Even water is charged”

The Banana Leaf Apolo
Ranked #563 of 12,517 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian, Singaporean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Little India
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I went to this place with two of my friends after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor.
We ordered non-veg biryani, paneer makhani and naan and that is where our woes started.

Service was poor and it took 25 minutes for the food to arrive . Our waiter had no clue about our order status. Asked for Onions , were told they are chargeble.

Since we were running out of Curry, we decided to order another but were told that kitchen was closed and were offered some pickle. However the waiter brought a small bowl of Sambhar on his own stating that they did not have pickle. Sambhar tasted pathetic.

Upon receiving the bill I was shocked to see that they had charged for the Sambhar which we never ordered.

Even a bigger shock came when I found out that they even charged for a glass of regular water served to us.

This has been the worst experience I have had at any restaurant ever. Definitely would not recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank Rohan T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We are 3 friends who wanted to visit Little India for dinner after a full day in the Gardens. Definitely a locals establishment and so tasty. I wish we had tried the fish head curry now that I am reading other reviews but we had a great meal and I got to enjoy my favorite Indian dish Chicken Tiki Marsala

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Had lunch here this pm. 6 of us had a medium fish head curry, 2types of biryani and a masala chicken on top of 3 nsns and rice with condiments. All came eith vhange from $100. Food was pretty good, which all of us enjoyed very much.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Ok place, the person taking our order was continuously looking at his phone, was not of much help, any question asked he could not take his eyes off the phone, and suddenly we realised he has vanished could not see him anywhere , the order which was placed was not coming so we finally asked another person to check. The first guy never came back and then we had the second person looking after our table. Was not very crowded in the afternoon. Food is ok not great.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Chicken birayani taste was superb. They will serve freshly prepared food.
Multiple options for veg and non veg foods,they will accept the credit cards.