“The set menu was of a great variety, the food was nice, though a bit expensive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Angus Steakhouse

Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My elder sister from Jakarta invited us to this restaurant for dinner on last Friday, as her only son was attending a wushu tournament in Singapore from last Thursday to Saturday early evening. The friends of her son, one of the parents and the 2 coaches of the son also joined us for the dinner.

With the exception of the son, who had seafood risotto, the rest of us all had the set menu.

The starter was either baked fish or baked chicken. As I was allergic to seafood, I chose the chicken. The chicken was tender and nice.

The soup was either pumpkin soup or sweet corn soup, and we all chose the sweet corn soup, which was really creamy and melted at the mouth.

The green salad was also crispy and tasty.

The steak that I had (a 150 g) was well cooked, easy to cut and with the steak, it is enough to fill your tummy. Guys are recommended to order the 250 g steak though.

There is a variety of dessert to chose from: the strawberry shortcake (I am not a great fan of cakes), tiramisu (they looked really nice, though my husband complained that the portion was really small) or ice cream. I chose the strawberry ice cream, which was really nice. In my opinion, the ice cream was not too sweet and the scoop was not too big.

We did not have any tea or coffee as you have to pay top up for adding this, as the cost of these is not included in the set menu itself.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is really nice, and I noticed family and friends like to come to this place for special occasions such as birthday parties.

I never know that this restaurant existed, until my elder sister introduced me to it.

Will definitely come back to this restaurant again in the near future.

• Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
“fatty steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

i have been to this place more than 10 times in last 3 years but I think beef quality of rib eye is not good as before.

Melaka, Malaysia
“Steakalicious !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Excellent quality and very friendly and efficient service and within easy walking distance of the Orchard Hotel and sitting outside you can just watch the world (or in this case S'pore) go by

Visited August 2013
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Holy Cow! Best Waygu STEAK EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I am not much of a steak lover but I LOVE TO EAT STEAK HERE! No knife needed....use your fork to cut your Waygu Filet.... So wonderful! You get salad a side and dessert. Rather than super expensive ala cart... It's a bit pricey but ohhhhh so worth it! On Orchard Rd in Tachimaya Mall (sp) 5th floor. Yummmmmm

Visited July 2013
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Regular Visitor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I visit this restaurant every time I visit Singapore and it never disappoints. Try the deep fried onion to start with and then move onto any of the superb steaks; if you’ve room for desert then wow you’ve more great choices.

I recommend sitting inside rather than out due to the humidity – but hey you may prefer it outside. Restaurant offers good value for what is a western styled menu and meal.

• Visited January 2013