“HooHa Restaurant Pasir Panjang”
Review of Hooha Cafe

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This restaurant used to be among the best steak restaurants in Singapore but not anymore. It may still do good steaks but I left before I ordered. The noise inside was so intense the waitress could not hear properly and my group were unable to hold any conversation even when shouting. I am amazed how far this restaurant has fallen in such a short period. Karaoke and family or business dining don't go hand in hand - tell me of any successful restaurant that does it - I have never heard of any. After about 25 minutes we packed up and left and won't be back. Bring back the old Hooha because this one is crap.

3  Thank Ken M

Reviewed 11 June 2013

As this was right in front of our Hotel in Arab street my colleagues and I decided to have diner there. He ordered the special Hooha Laksa and I ordered the local Char Kuay Teow. We had a plate mussels and mushrooms for entrée which came out quick but after they served my main course the waiter came out to inform us they Laksa was ruined and could not be served! Why they waited to tell us this at the last minute? Had to reorder another dish and wait 10 more minutes. Apparently the restaurant is going halal soon so many dishes will change.

3  Thank KiwiFlyng
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Came for a beer to relax, needed to eat with my drink. Ordered a garlic bread, now it may not seem like much, but compared to western standards, garlic bread in Singapore is truly horrendous! This place offered hope, the bread crisp, fresh and plenty of garlic. Service kind. Will be back to try many other options.

1  Thank FoodWineMe
Reviewed 27 November 2011

A couple of trips to Hooha Cafe for steaks together with close friends are now a must during our annual stay in Singapore. The food is excellent, and the staff are very service minded. And in today's environment where loud music seems to be a common at a lot of places, this is a quiet place where you can talk to your friends with a normal voice.

1  Thank ingvalld
Reviewed 17 May 2009

The local menu is affordable. The T bone steak was a nice portion but wasn't succulent. Spaghetti Bolognaise was tasty. Laksa was swimming in coconut milk however, tasted ordinary. What we thought was the simplest dish to put together was the last out of the kitchen, at least 10 minutes after the steak and spag. Dessert almost didn't make it out. We had prodded server again to check. Excuse: Kitchen is very busy. Ordered cheesecake - give this a pass; and banana split - give it a pass as bananas are not ripe. Overall - Lively ambience but don't drive across the island for the food, value or service.

1  Thank fattbellie