“Average food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little India
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The food is very average. I ordered Mixed Veg curry - it is mostly of Cauliflower and not much other vegs. The food is very pricey here. It has got good ambience. They have tablets instead of menus, but you cannot order through those. Surprisingly little variety for Vegetarians.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This used to be my fav place but for over three years this place is in my 'not to try' list. But being somewhat in an optimistic mood, I made a trip yesterday.
Now I see they have "tablets" and "soft copies/apps" replacing hard Menu's. Few foreign faces showing singapore multi cultural (and perhaps the recent labor controls) society..Ambiance is good and as usual crowded. So entered after waiting few minutes for my fav seat.

Ordered some items and Boy, I am disappointed. Biryani (Once their signature dish) is too oily and when I saw the dish it reminded me more of a yellow colored rice with some chicken leg piece. This is not at all Dum Biryani.. There goes my appetite.

Mysore mutton was mediocre but same goes for Pepper chicken. Ofcourse, the bill is wallet friendly but what makes people to visit restaurants is "food". When the guys can't get it right, the 'cool' stuff like your own app or tablet based menu's can't compensate it IMHO..

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was there to for late lunch with my sisters had a mysore mutton and chicken pepper fry, idly set they all tasted authentic especially the idly was so soft unlike other places I had.Great place for family and I am looking forward to cater from them for my family party coming soon in feb 2014.Highly recommended.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

it was terrible in gaytri
my last night in singapore
i ordered masala chicken it was terrible
even they should serve at 10:00pm as i
ordered butter chicken it was finished
so they should make it very bad experience

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was hesitant at first because I have never tried Indian food before. This would be my first. It didn't disappoint. Just getting in the restaurant, the ambiance is already welcoming. The staff cater us right away with a menu in an IPAD! Wow! But since, I have friends who live in Singapore who know the dishes and know this place it was never a problem ordering. I am not familiar with the menus but I should say I liked it. I remembered there was a curry and fish head which I like :) A little hot for me, but I managed to finish my meal. I liked eating in a banana leaf and using my hands. Great service and good food!!