“Nice Indian Food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little India
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My friend recommended me to this Indian restaurant with lovely ambience and good food, and I have since brought more friends back. Nice decor with shelves of wine bottles and gold themes, resplendent of authentic, good-class North Indian fine dining.

The must try items there are their Fish Head Curry, Butter Chicken, Bryani and Mango Lassi drinks.

We were rather pleased with the food and service overall. For more details and photos, do visit

1  Thank TheArcticStar
There are newer reviews for Gayatri Restaurant

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We are regulars here for Sunday luncheon and will continue to be so. Friendly service, great food and not much to complain about really.

Go, eat too much, feel stuffed, go home, collapse on sofa, repeat.

1  Thank DuffnGuff
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The food is very average. I ordered Mixed Veg curry - it is mostly of Cauliflower and not much other vegs. The food is very pricey here. It has got good ambience. They have tablets instead of menus, but you cannot order through those. Surprisingly little variety for Vegetarians.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This used to be my fav place but for over three years this place is in my 'not to try' list. But being somewhat in an optimistic mood, I made a trip yesterday.
Now I see they have "tablets" and "soft copies/apps" replacing hard Menu's. Few foreign faces showing singapore multi cultural (and perhaps the recent labor controls) society..Ambiance is good and as usual crowded. So entered after waiting few minutes for my fav seat.

Ordered some items and Boy, I am disappointed. Biryani (Once their signature dish) is too oily and when I saw the dish it reminded me more of a yellow colored rice with some chicken leg piece. This is not at all Dum Biryani.. There goes my appetite.

Mysore mutton was mediocre but same goes for Pepper chicken. Ofcourse, the bill is wallet friendly but what makes people to visit restaurants is "food". When the guys can't get it right, the 'cool' stuff like your own app or tablet based menu's can't compensate it IMHO..

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was there to for late lunch with my sisters had a mysore mutton and chicken pepper fry, idly set they all tasted authentic especially the idly was so soft unlike other places I had.Great place for family and I am looking forward to cater from them for my family party coming soon in feb 2014.Highly recommended.