“Wouldn't miss”

Din Tai Fung (Paragon Branch)
Ranked #97 of 11,764 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Description: Locals love Din Tai Fung Restaurant because you can never go wrong with its concise menu and consistent food quality. Most popular here is the xiao long bao, filled with a light soup and fresh succulent pork, wrapped in a beautifully thin skin.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I make a special effort when I visit Singapore to eat at Din Tai Fung and it is as excellent as I remember. The Paragon branch is always busy, so Wisma and Raffles City looked a little quieter if you prefer. One of my 'don't miss' experiences in this great food city.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great dumplings! We do not get this type, the ones with broth and filling inside near me in Rhode Island so it was a treat. Can get quite busy but the turn over tables quite fast. Very clean, open kitchen so you will see the dumplings being made by cooks wearing white lab-type coats and face masks. The dumplings are brought to the table by similarly appareled staff.

I had dinner there with a local and then went back the next day for lunch. I will make it a point to go again next time in Singapore.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Shao Long Bao (steamed portk dumplings) are very good, and pretty much like the original in Taipei (I have eaten at the original Din Tai Fung many times). The location at Paragon did not have my favorite, the spicy shrimp wontons. I got pork wontons in spicy broth instead, and it was good, but overall it was too salty. The hot and sour soup was excellent.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Found by chance in the food court of Paragon Mall on Orchard Road. This restaurant has been visited by Tom Cruise and has won a number of awards. You order food before you are seated. Service is quick, efficient and friendly. Food is just amazing. So tasty and fresh. The Dim Sum is a must!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Never ever tasted Dim Sum. But this evening was our first time. Mama San forced me to go. I let her order what ever she likes and I might eat as well. When food start to come and first bites tasted I was really surprisesed how light and tasty Dim Sun can be. This is not last time for these treats. Kitchen professionals worked like machines and they looked moro doctors than chefs. So hygienic and clean. Go and see your self. Place like this means you must wait before seating!