“Great buffet”

Price range: US$15 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Quays
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The food is excellent but they were very understaffed when we visited which meant long waits for everything we ordered. The staff who were be tried their best so we couldn't really complain. Def worth a visit as the food really is good

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My 2nd visit here n they have maintained their standard and quality of Sashimi n services!

It's quieter here on a weekday dinner time slot. So the services and speed which the food was prepared was a lot faster!

As usual we are here for the Sashimi n we were not disappointed! This time only the Hamachi is not available. Our all time favorite is still the Mekajiki (sword fish) which melts in your mouth!

Complimentary Soup in a Teapot is always a delight!

Will look forward to our next visit!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was first intrigued by the entrance of this restaurant in Hotel Miramar - it is quite unique with Japanese Lanterns adornments. My friend recommended this place to me and I absolutely love it. But beware though because the food is good there is almost always a crowd and you might not have a place to sit. Reservations not allowed during weekends if I remember correctly. But, the food is good, so might be worth the wait. =)

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Totally fabulous! Must go again! Been twice. Both great experience. Wikl definitely visit again! However, all diners must remember to call up & make reservations in advance. Walk-ins will either have to wait long time or ... =p

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Today, Celine* and I decided to head to Ikoi Japanese Restaurant for lunch in the rain, just to satiate our sashimi cravings. It was a rather last minute decision, and I was surprised that she managed to make reservations in the morning for our noon-time lunch. Anyway, the well-known Ikoi Japanese Restaurant is located at 401 Havelock Road #01-01 Miramir Hotel, Singapore 169631 and the number for reservations is 6887 3788.

The restaurant has a rather sleek but simplistic, classically Japanese design - clean white and light brown tones, open concept and colorful tatami seats. Yes, we were fortunate enough to be given a Tatami seat even though there were just two of us, and it was my first time sitting this way - rather comfortable.

While browsing through the menu, we were being served the complimentary items such as the sumptuous Salmon Sashimi slices drenched in a lightly-flavored sauce, and the small teapot of Seafood Soup that I have missed since my last visit here years ago. The Sashimi was very fine and meltingly tender, and the seafood soup was tasty as ever, especially with the squeeze of lime wedge into it.

Very quickly, they brought us the first items of our order. The Shisamo which I have swo rn off during my last Japanese restaurant visit. This was an order by mistake, and the sinful recollection of its deliciousness when I was here years back - well, it is still delicious and filled with roe. The Agadeshi Tofu was lovely too - meltingly-crispy skin and sweetly smooth insides, floating in a plate of light soy sauce.

Next, the dish of Cucumber slices with accompaniment of tasty, savoury Miso beans - a refreshing delight. The lightly-salted and soft Edamane beans which made for a good snack in between waits. And the California Temaki - handroll with cucumber sticks, crabmeat, omelet and Japanese rice rolled in large sheet of seaweed - tasty and crunchy.

They brought us our Sake Maki - salmon sashimi with mayonnaise. The tiny dices of salmon sashimi bits stuffed into sticky Japanese rice, rolled into seaweed and sprayed with mayonnaise - was a combination of crunchiness, tenderness and deliciousness all rolled into one.

For more detailed information and photos, please feel free to visit: