“Amazing lunch - spectacular view, taste, and presentation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 10,417 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$50 - US$200
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Derived from the ancient Sanskrit word for ‘bowl’, JAAN is an intimate, 40-seat restaurant dedicated to showcasing the finest in Artisanal French cuisine in Singapore. The Artisanal menu by Chef de Cuisine Julien Royer is built around a passion to showcase the freshest ingredients through simple but beautiful dishes that reflect both culinary tradition and creativity. The result is an imaginative, innovative cuisine that celebrates and respects seasonality, terroir and the skills of the world’s best gourmet producers.
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing lunch - spectacular view, taste, and presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went for lunch and got the 5-course option - highly recommended! Every taste combination, smell, and look of each dish was phenomenal. It was great being right by the window overlooking Singapore from the 70th floor as well, I'd recommend this to anyone.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank stephenfromaustin

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Nice view, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I was at Jaan for dinner and really enjoyed the food. Especially impressed by the presentation and also the service standard. Staff were generally friendly and we also caught a glimpse of Chef Julien when we went to speak with obe table of diners.

Textures and flavours of the dishes is comparable with other French fine dining restaurants. However with the steep prices I probably wont be back there any time soon. Probably a special occasion only dining destination.

1 Thank ihatechocs
“Wow view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Nice n lovely ambience with great dishes served with fascinating view of Singapore at night. Try to get window seat if you're there to celebrate special occasion with your loved ones.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank yangly11
1,035 restaurant reviews
“Jaan just missed the mark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is my 3rd or 4th time here after an absence of 1+ years. During the reservation , i mentioned i was celebrating my birthday and requested for a window seat. They replied to say all the window seats were taken, fair enough

When we arrived, i can see that there are 6 tables by the window, and 6 tables away from the window. i was given a table right by the middle entrance, where everyone passing by the corridor can see us. I then assumed the restaurant would be full

We opted for the 5 course lunch and it started off well - 2 amuse bouche that were tasty and creative. Starter of 63 degree egg was excellent and came with dry ice dramatic flair. The other vegetarian starter was colourful but apart from that, forgettable. The salmon confit with roast pork was ok. The main of lamb was very good. Dessert was a chocolate tart, and very good also. Ended with petit fours, which the dry ice performance was repeated

Just before dessert, they offered the truffled brie as an extra at a cost, which we declined. If we ordered the 3 course set, we would probably have tried it

Halfway through the meal, only 5 of the window tables and 2 of the other tables (including me) were taken. And the couple with the other non-window table was given the window table. why not me? Who knows. And i was getting a little upset as obviously there was no one else in the other non-window tables, and they were much better positioned in the quiet corners, compared to my "middle of the restaurant and next to the entrance table"

And of course, the fact that i was celebrating my birthday there and mentioned it during my reservation didn't matter to them. There was no effort on their part to make you feel special

On the above 2 points, there is no way i can give them 5 stars although i very much liked to in the beginning. May not return

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank bcheong
RC-Hotels-Pte-Ltd, Director of Food & Beverage at Jaan, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear bcheong,

Many thanks for your review and while we are glad you enjoyed the food, we are disappointed that our service standards were not up to the mark on this occasion.

Our service staff should have informed you that tables are allocated at the time of booking and accept that we should have taken care of the matter in a more appropriate way. There is also no reason why we should have omitted your birthday from the booking and for that we sincerely apologise.

We have since re-iterated this to our team to ensure these misunderstandings don’t reoccur.

We would love to see you in JAAN again. If you do decide you would like to dine with us in the near future, please ask for me by name and I will be happy to take care of your reservation personally.

Warm regards,
Nick Flynn
Director of Food & Beverage
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing food but bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I had dinner there recently and had the menu prestige at S$238 each before service charge 10% and goods and services tax 7%and a bottle of white wine . When I asked for water , the Caucasian who was taking the order asked me if it was normal or sparkling , I said again normal water, he again asked if I wanted still or sparkling water. Thinking that the restaurant wasn't going to offer one normal water , I asked for still.
Dinner was wonderful , each course amazing with complexity of tastes and textures .
When the bill came , I found out that the still water offered was "Omuse" still water and was a stiff S$18 a bottle before taxes!
I am willing to pay for wine and even Acqua Panna but it is ridiculous to pay this for water to drink at dinner !
The very least the person taking the order could do is to inform the guest of the cost or provide a water menu for him to choose from. It left a very unpleasant aftertaste to a otherwise wonderful evening .
This kind of experience makes the customer feel as he was being taken for a fool.
Management should look into this issue of clearly stating the options for drinking water for guests seriously if they are truly concerned about the guest's dining experience .
My bill for dinner was S$680 for 2 persons.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mikefred6465
RC-Hotels-Pte-Ltd, Director of Food & Beverage at Jaan, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear mikefred6465,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We continuously strive for food and service excellence at JAAN, and sincerely apologise for not meeting the standards that we have personally set for ourselves. We have notified our team and briefed them on communicating with greater clarity to prevent future occurrences.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write your review and hope to welcome you back to JAAN for a better experience in the future.

Thank you.