“Not close to Italian wood-fired standards”
Review of Modesto's

Modesto's
Ranked #2,464 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The chain of restaurants is spacious, so you should not have a problem with seats. However, the pizza was really not up to the standards I expect, even if I lower my expectations. For some reason, I have no idea why they were so stingy on the tomato base when it would provide the pizza with much more flavour. The wood fired effect on the pizza also seem to be not like the ones I had in Italy.

There are newer reviews for Modesto's

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Been to Modesto's at Vivo City, Singapore twice and ordered the same dishes both times as the kids love their pizza and we do not eat pork. The restaurant is rather spacious and not as busy as other restaurants we've been to. The Seafood pasta is delicious. It's a bit of a mess eating the blue swimmer crabs that come with the dish so I would avoid it if you're trying to impress your date. Otherwise, go for your life. A place for a lazy Sunday lunch or brunch.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were told it was a great Italian restaurant and we ordered pizza and garlic and oil pasta. The pizza was terrible, no flavor, the bottom was burned and I had better frozen pizza. We were told that drinks were 50% off so we ordered Singapore Slings; they were okay. The pasta smelled delicious but it had so much garlic, we were not able to finished. The bill came and the drinks were not 50% since were not guess of the hotel. Overall it was a terrible experience.

1  Thank Boricua20670
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I went thinking of having a normal lunch, not fancy and I knew it would be expensive, but I was expecting decency. I ordered prosciutto and melon and fettuccine with lobster. the prosciutto was decent but the melon was not freshly cut and was very mushy. Then the pasta came, with a few small pieces of what could have been shrimps meat, not lobster for sure, and a ton of sliced "burned" garlic. Now, I understand that in a chain like this you should not expect excellence, although the price I paid was $66, but to make a plate of pasta like this is an absolute careless effort that spells only one thing: I don't care about you!

1  Thank Binotretre
Reviewed 9 March 2014

It was lovely enough, the outlet at Vivocity - complete with white linen table cloths and one could choose the Sentosa sea view if seated alfresco. We chose to dine indoors, though.

We ordered our favorite "half-moon shaped" (giant curry puff lookalike / pizza folded into half) Calzone - named Calzone Farcito in this case. It was filled with the great ingredients such as cheese, pork ham, mushrooms, artichoke and complemented with tomato sauce. The crust was thick, but crispy; and tasted like a giant piece of graham crackers, which tasted wonderful with the tastebud-arresting ingredients enclosed within it.

Then the Seafood Risotto (Risotto Alla Pescatora) was served. I just cannot get enough of the longish, chewy rice used to cook risottos, even though I am an anti-carbo person. The fresh and generous portions of prawns, sqiuds, mussels and clams tossed in a tomato-based sauce was simply divine. Every bite was satifying, bursting with the bounciness of fresh seafood, the exotic blend of seafood and tomato sauce. See, from the photo herein? The entire dish is bursting with seafood.

For more detailed information and photos, check out