“Authentic Italian food in Singapore”
Review of La Forketta

La Forketta
Ranked #5,175 of 11,489 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tanglin
Description: La Forketta served artisan Italian food . Mostly use organic ingredients.Pizza and Pasta are make with non-genetically modify flour. Pizza are baked in the Wood Fired Oven.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have been there for both lunch and dinner recently, and remember ordering the carbonara and pizza. They serve one of the most authentic italian food in Singapore and the orders came on time, fresh from the oven. I was told that the pizza was made from organic flour, as the restaurant is very particular about serving quality food. I would definitely go back again as I enjoyed the ambiance, while having a delightful dinner.

2  Thank Russel W

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The feature which best describes Italian food here is, in my opinion, quality. The taste of the of the food here is fresh, juicy, tasty and tender.The production process you can observe from open kitchen is clean, hygine and tidy from the equipment, well presentable cook. The displaying here is quite neatly, warm and relax.

2  Thank FooHeeLock
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was the worst Italian food I have ever eaten. My salmon was burnt. Not just overcooked....burnt. How do you burn fish? The order of spinach came out cold and even when it came out warm the second time - it had no taste...none. The tomato sauce on my son's pizza had no taste - no seasoning whatsoever. I don't know where they find their chefs but I don't think they have actually been trained to cook. Salmon, spinach, tomato sauce...these are easy basics. The quality of food was so bad I am left wondering if I went to the same place as the other people who have written reviews. At least it was nice to sit outside on the terrace with a glass of wine and think about breakfast the next morning.

2  Thank JPAR2009
Reviewed 19 July 2014

There is a good extensive menu with food that is good quality. However the place lacks atmosphere both times we have been and is extremely expensive, in fact it's over priced.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I love going to la forketta for lunch and decided to go on a Saturday night for dinner, what a disappointment.
The food is good, and is consistent.
The very light number of staff were completely overwhelmed by the number of guests and the service took a compete dive, it was sad to watch.
We came in early, 630 to avoid the rush, and the restaurant was half empty. The food and service took forever, about 20 minutes for appetizers, 30 more for the main, and they forgot the drinks. My prior career was in restaurant management, and I instantly noticed that la forketta was making the same classic mistake that all Singaporean restaurants make, . . . They go lean on the service staff.
Where I am from, you should have at least one waiter for every 3-4 tables, or even 1 for every 10-15 guests depending on your service sequence / processes. We estimate around 30 tables were at the Dempsey location, and they had only 4 people running around clearly overwhelmed trying to make it work. Like I said, the place was only half full and they could not keep up, and the looks on the other guests faces showed we were not the only ones disappointed. We left 90 minutes later and had to skip our dessert, which we already paid for because they could not pull it together.
When the cashier and hostess are forced to run food, and drinks rather than seat guests and control the flow of incoming customers, you know you have problems.

Dear Mr Manager, over staffing is better than under, don't let your accountant tell you what a good manning model looks like, because service has a saturation point, and you guys went way over with 4-5 servers for a 100 plus guest capacity restaurant.
I hate to say it, but most restaurants in Asia Pacific completely understaff unless the are 5 star or an American chain. This really sucks because I like the place but will never go back for dinner.

2  Thank LeonardSkintag
Bravo888, Owner at La Forketta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank You for your comments regarding the shortage of servers and slow services.I couldn't agreed with you more.
Singapore services industries has a big problem now as our Singapore government trying to reduce foreigners working in Singapore.The whole Singapore is facing the same challenge which is a hot topics in the papers ,magazine that everyone is talking about, slow services, bad services...etc
We are not trying to save on man powers as a matter of fact we have been advertise heavily to get help.Sadly Singaporean are shy away from this industries and we can depend only the limited foreigners that we have.
The ratio you mention is my dream services teams unfortunately this is not going to happen here for a long time. This is all beyond our control.
Despite all this setback ,We will still try our best to served our customers with the best foods and best services if possible.

Best Regards