“RUDE”

Ranked #2,226 of 11,475 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Known as much for its authentic pizza as for its uniquely fun pizza flavors, the pizzeria also offers an array of salads that are impressively tasty yet healthy. The cow-hide ceiling makes an awesome setting for a glass of wine or craft beer with friends.
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I didn't even get the chance to taste their food before I was completely put off by the rudeness of the staff member on the phone. I called to get prices (because their menu on FB doesn't display them and there is no other place online to get their menu) and to ask if they deliver. When I asked the guy, he said no, they do not do delivery in a disgusted voice and told me to call Pizza Hut.

Thanks for the tip Da Paolo. I'd way rather have Pizza Hut any day. At least they have good customer service and consistent value.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Enjoyed a few meals here when staying in Holland Village for a while, the pizzas are very tasty and I would recommend a visit if you're in the village for lunch.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I would think Da Paolo's pizza bar at Chip Bee Gardens would impress since i love their desserts from their deli, a few doors away.

My friends and I waited rather long to be seated, standing in a somewhat small queue at the entrance. The waiters took their own time to slowly clear tables and busy themselves with god knows what.

For that price i was paying for the two pizzas we ordered to share, i was expecting something tastier and satisfying. Not only did we wait rather long for the pizzas to arrive, we had to remind the waiters of our orders once. and finally, when they served us, my first impression was that they were REALLY STINGY with pizza toppings for both pizzas.
It was so obvious that the cook has literally calculated the number of toppings to go on each. slice. of pizza.
a very pathetic- looking pizza dinner indeed.

However, when i was there i did notice many families with kids, so i would think this pizza bar provides ample seating space for families who just want to shut their rowdy gang up with average tasting expensive "fast food" in a restaurant setting.

this is pretty much a disgrace to the Da Paolo chain. I rather die than return again.

1  Thank traveller55m
DaPaolo, General Manager at Da Paolo Pizza Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Hi Traveller55UK,

Thank you for sharing your experience at PizzaBar.

We do apologize for the waiting time to get your table as we do not take reservations and have a pretty full restaurant during the weekends and public holidays. At we PizzaBar, we strive to have tasty pizzas with generous toppings consistently. We regret that the experience during your visit was not up to the standard that we normally offer. We will definitely look into the matter and ensure that your feedback will be addressed to the team.

The PizzaBar Team

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This restaurant is right on the Circle Line (Holland Village) and this makes for easy access. The food at Da Paolo's is good and it is child friendly which is a real plus.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Went to De Paolo for their weekend breakfast with two friends. With an empty resturant, we waited 10 minutes to place a drinks order and another 10 minutes for the drinks to arrive (some sub par coffees). After negotiating a small change with one of the dishes, ordered and spent some time enjoying the outdoor location. This is a good place to meet friends. The food was better than expected, quite nice French toast with berries, and a breakfast hash brown stack (hash browns were pretty poor).

Not too sure if I would go back. The breakfast is not worth making a trip for. The location near Holland Village is great, and it is in a string of solid restaurants. It is an ok option if you are in the area and want a pizza.