“Service to Die For”

Ranked #2,303 of 10,934 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Known as much for its authentic pizza as for its uniquely fun pizza flavors, the pizzeria also offers an array of salads that are impressively tasty yet healthy. The cow-hide ceiling makes an awesome setting for a glass of wine or craft beer with friends.
“Service to Die For”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Been in Singapore for about 15 months. My experience with wait-staff has been less than enthusing but this place had staff, pasta and pizzas like I have not experienced here.
Not open when we got there (20 min early) but happy to let us arrange ourselves and provide menus until they were.
Usual reaction in Singapore being "..No, cannot..come back later..."
The waitress knew every item and could explain them. Unlike the usual experience in Singapore restaurants where the main focus of the staff is their phone or what is happening with the "team" behind the bar/counter.
Her attention could be attracted by the raising of an eye-brow. We didn't even have to raise a hand.
And the food?
Easy Italian, but the best I have found so far from Aus to Italy and beyond.
Yes, you do pay. But no more than I have been so far at Kovan or Hougang or Punggol.
Holland Village is Ang Mo central on steroids so you can expect to be bent over and pay for rubbish. Not here.
Loved it.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Michael_SinganBeyond

• Korean first
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent pizza in Singapore”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I pretty much a pizza snob, and I thought the pizza here was very good. I had the Diavola, with salami and red peppers. Great flavor, and the crust was thin and crunchy. The restaurant is located in a really cool area of Singapore, Holland Rd. You can walk around after eating and visit the shops and other bars in the area. Not too far from where I was staying, so it was easy to get to.

• Visited February 2014
“Wonderful Cheese Overload!”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

It was my partners birthday so I decided to grant her wish as she wanted to eat pizza. Thankfully we came in before the norm Saturday dinner crowd, so we'd consider ourselves lucky.

Service was friendly and warm upon entering. Somehow I just wished they could spend a little time to explain or tell us the specials of the day, albeit the blackboard out front, just a little mile more of attention.

We shared the buffalo wings with tallegio fondue($14) for the antipasti. They should have stuck to the traditional BBQ coated instead of separating the sauce as it made the chix totally bland, inside and out. A pass for me.

Than the mains came along and this deserves mentions. I had the Truffle Mushroom Lasagna($20) and it was earthy, creamy and each mouthful was loaded with truffly goodness. Seductive at first but overwhelming at the end. A very rich option.

My other half had the Isola Verde pizza($25). 12" or 14" Gorgonzola, caramelized onions and baby spinach, plus we requested for additional mushrooms(+$3/4). Awesome I tell ya!! White based pizza, loaded with gorgon cheese with some chunky bits as well. It's a cheese lover paradise.

Well, we spent about $95 for 1 starters, 2 mains, and 2 drinks. Hell, I don't care how much but I will definitely return for the pizza!

Love it.

1 Thank Muhd F
“Everything was fine”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Food was good. Service was good but it depends on who is serving. The price was high - almost $60 per person. we each had a starter and a main. The only thing i did not enjoy was the marinated olives - which i thougt i could do better. I would go back there again since it is convenient and a more chill-out atmosphere than other restaurants around chip bee

• Visited October 2013
England, United Kingdom
“Good pizza, everything else overpriced”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This incredibly popular pizza restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating has a thriving atmosphere and is popular with expats. Service was great, but I thought everything on their menu aside from pizza is way overpriced. For example, a salad with sliced chicken, although better than the appetizer in most establishments in Singapore, was over S$22. Bottled beer is between S$12-14, and desserts were very high too. Pizza was good but it was certainly a little too salty and oily. I'd give this restaurant 3 star but bumped it up because of excellent location, ambience and service. Also, if you change your mind last minute, there are 3 more excellent restaurants next door. Street parking is available.

• Visited September 2013