“Not great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
Newbridge, Ireland
“Not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stopped in to Go India as we were in VivoCity and wanted to try something different without spending a fortune, and the Indian buffet seemed like a good option.

The chicken kebabs and fresh nan bread were excellent but unfortunately not all the dishes are of the same quality and there is a limited selection at the buffet. Despite the premium location, the restaurant decor is looking run down and shabby.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank voehn

“Filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

Had a groupon deal here. Food was adequate but my real issue with this place is hygiene. I can honestly say that I have never come across such a disgusting toilet in a restaurant; couldn't have been cleaned for weeks. when I came back from the bathroom, I was put off eating anything else. the rest of the restaurant looked dirty to me. I never write reviews but I felt compelled to share this.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Tracy T
“Went because of Groupon, Wasn't even worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

We went to this place because of a Groupon deal, but were disappointed. The buffet selection was relatively small, the dishes were constantly empty and the ones we had were only mediocre. If you are looking for good Indian, go elsewhere and skip this place.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Josh D
Hongkong
“Bad food in beautiful surroundings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

We had wanted to eat alfresco facing the lights of Sentosa and since the buffet was all laid out , we thought it would be a good choice.
However, after the first few bites, we realized that the restaurant was using the absolute cheapest ingredients and only capitalizing on a walk in crowd with no return audience .
Appetizers were egg salad and potato salad. The mains were smothered in sauce , non spicy but unappetizing , and certainly all the meats were from frozen.
Dessert was a total mess - fruit salad made with apples and a couple of grapes, watery pudding and beetroot halwa
The total bill with one additional mango yogurt ( lassi ) came up to $ 75.00 .
Service was so bad that when I asked if the appetizer was dessert ( since it looked so mushy and mashed up ) the waiter said yes .
The buffet service ended at 9.00 pm which was a ridiculously early time, and despite the large number of service staff milling around , no one bothered to tell us so only one of us had dessert - bad as it was, we needed something sweet to end the meal .
Certainly, this is not reflective of Indian food in Singapore

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Baliwanderer
Singapore
“Some Hygiene issues here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

A northern Indian restaurant serving Indian food from various regions of India, Go India is situated at VivoCity in Singapore. I tried the lunch buffet at Singapore dollars 22++ per person. Approached the entrance and waited for few minutes, nobody cared to welcome or invite me in. Finally I went in and asked for a table. Good variety on the buffet. However there were flies sitting in the food. Ice cream found in the dessert section was 90% melted. I hope they don't refreeze and bring it out the next day! While having sitting at the table I noticed a huge cockroach running near my feet!

I am sorry write all this about a famous restaurant in Singapore. But the truth must be told. Having said that, believe me, apart from this part of Asia, I have traveled to Australia, Europe and USA, you cannot find a more clean, efficient, modern, convenient and safer city than Singapore!

• Visited September 2012