“Nice ambience for dinner”

Chang Korean BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #2,324 of 11,196 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tanglin
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Visited Chang on a weekday and had a quite satisfying dinner. There weren't many choices on the menu and if you don't eat beef, you only have very limited food choices. The bbq marinated pork was delicious, their boneless rib was just average. Service wise was average for a weekday. We did have privacy while enjoying our dinner. Pumpkin tea was served at the end of our dinner and I enjoyed it very much.

If you are looking for a nice ambience to have dinner on a weekday night, tgis would be a nice place to visit, however just a note, there aren't many choices if you don't eat beef.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Requested by a friend to try it out. First of all, must give credit to the good service. Fast, efficient, and polite waiters. They were swift in taking orders and cooking the food for us. There are two well dressed Koreans, whom I presumed to be the owners, are walking around waitering on the customers. Plus it's clean, spacious and nice ambience, I give it thumbs up for environment, good for gathering with friends and family. However, Chang lack on the food quality and pricing. My friends and I ordered seafood and spring oinion pancake, seafood tofu soup, spicy beef soup, waygu BBQ meat set at $128 a set plus collar beef. The soup is ok, not great, lack depth and richness. The pancake is not good, not crispy and can't really say its seafood pancake when you can't see it easily when served. Had better ones at other places like 2day1night. BBQ meat was ok, quality is not worth the price. Also, it's waygu, can't go wrong no matter how you BBQ it, so no credit to CHANG in this area. CHANG uses charcoal for the BBQ, which is a plus point. Overall, better off ordering other meat for BBQ than wagyu set, at least you will feel satisfied than I have after the meal. I was planning for pork knuckle from October fest next door. Also I had a Hite beer at $10 per bottle. Pricy pricy. Average overall experience as I am in mood for food.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I went to Chang for a family lunch on sunday. the food was good but the service was lousy. Not enought waitings staff. The poor filipino bloke who served us was doing three tables of oer 45 people.
I came away thinking that I wasnt satisfied and it was all bit noisy and not fun.
The amazing thing was the restaurant was half full.
And only one Korean person, in site.
Not impressed.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is my third or fourth time coming here for dinner. first time i came, their service was good and food very delicious. so i decided to go again when i free.

The food look fresh and taste good, i like their black pork meat & their beancurd soup as well. yummy.

The service were good although the food are expensive, once in awhile went there still not so bad.

from the experience i had, i suggest if you scare their service not good, try to avoid going during perk period because when they busy with a lot of guests, they will not that alert.

i always go slightly early or slightly late dinner with friends, that why most of the time their service to us are good.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Understated place - good menu and opted for beef BBQ for three people. We were really well looked after. Food excellent. Service excellent. No hesitation going back. Not sure if same service when busy? But overall, price, service, food quality and facilities very good on our visit.