“Very Standard”

Ranked #2,470 of 10,518 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Shin Kushiya is one of the first Japanese restaurants to introduce the kushiyaki dining concept in Singapore, where affordable, quality Japanese cuisine is served in an elegant, contemporary setting. The spirit of kushiyaki lies in the skilful preparation and grill of Shin Kushiya’s signature kushiyaki skewers. Bincho Charcoal - a unique type of charcoal which Shin Kushiya imports directly from Japan, is used for grill of our signature Kushiyaki and other char-grilled dishes, offering a crisp smokiness to the grilled food while sealing the natural flavours and juices within. The 180-seater venue at VivoCity offers a contemporary setting for a multi-sensory epicurean journey – from dining with a gorgeous waterfront and Sentosa island views, to experiential kushiyaki grill and sushi bar, it is the perfect venue for an immersive dining experience.
Singapore, Singapore
“Very Standard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

The food is very standard and consistent. It is not mouth wateringly delicious - something that you could stand in a queue for an hour for and at the same time it is also not something that would turn you off. You would probably come back if you did not hear of something exceptionally good or a new kid on the block. Price wise very affordable. Staff is very nice.

• Visited November 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Normal yet expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I am reviewing the branch at JEM. Were having dinner with a friend at this restaurant, only two of us but the waitress lead us to a table for 6, anyway we appreciated that very much. Service was good but not the food.

One thing I am very particular about eating Japanese food is the rice, in this restaurant, I was so disappointed by the rice they provided. It was not nice, taste like low quality rice and not much like Japanese rice at all. Another thing that disappointed me was the squid with Kimchi. taste was not nice at all, squid over cooked, with the kimchi wrapping inside the squid, and the taste of kimchi was not outstanding at all, it was so bland, and the matching with the squid was not delicious at all.

We also ordered the Skewered set, most of the meat were overcooked and very dry. Only thing I like is the YUZU tea, that was nice especially after all the oily food.

Price wise, was not cheap, we paid $70 plus for two glass of drinks, a skewered set, a squid wrapped with kimchi, plus the taxes. I don't mind paying more for good food but this meal really did not worth the money I paid.

• Visited November 2013
“Good menu selection, nice grill. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Their menu is interesting and the variety is good. I tried the beef platter. It's nice, juicy and tender. The udon is average and a bit overpriced.

“Worst restaurant I been.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has a standard in it. But the thing is that the food isn't fresh. I actually found out that the restaurant isn't clean after all. I actually saw a rat ran over into the kitchen. Their food especially their tori katsu. U can actually smell the chicken bloody and kinda spoiling soon. The chawanmushi chicken is also the same. I dun really want recommend my friend or family there. I ate once with my family too and they dun really find the food fresh too.. because I'm working as a chef in other Japanese restaurant near keppel that's why I know how to different the food is it fresh or not.

“Perfect for sushi and non sushi lovers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Typical japenese restaurant. The good thing about this one is that it also offers a lot for non sushi and sashimi lovers. As we are a family of 6 with one non believer this was perfect. Great rolls, sashimi and meat variaties.
Price is a bit high but up to Singapore standards......

Visited October 2013