13 people are viewing this hotel
ibis Styles
£106
travelup.com
£103
All reviews mattar mrt station budget hotel restaurant staff clean hotel mcpherson shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2019

Stayed 4 nights before a cruise, picked an Accor property because I thought I knew what I would get...room is pretty tiny...bed is comfy and shower is good. That is where the positives end. Aircon would not get cold...felt like every time it started getting to an acceptable level somehow it would get reset somehow. We payed for breakfast everyday or our stay but only ate it once...Was inedible...disgusting...tiny western section literally only edible things were toast and baked beans. The other guests were very rude, one man speaking on his phone at the top of his voice at 11pm on speaker phone. The location is very put of the way nothing to see or do close by. The cost of a beer at the bar was $14 so we chose to drink in our room than to have to spend a fortune at the bar. Cleaning staff were pretty terrible I asked for new glasses and the housekeeping lady just rinsed the ones we had in the bathroom sink in my room.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cally B
Shamila R, General Manager at Ibis Styles Singapore on Macpherson, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2019

Dear Cally,

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 24 August 2019

Pros - well-equipped and comfortable rooms, helpful staff, good restaurant, as one would expect from any Accor property

Cons -
(1) dark and cramped lobby, confused and inefficient check-in process, we waited in line for 30 minutes despite having checked in online previously. It did not help that it was a very busy time and the desk was chronically understaffed.
(2) Location is inconvenient for MRT (15 minute walk, with no shade most of the way). Only the #64 and #65 bus to serve you (to our knowledge). Make sure you have a Grab account.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Sumitra J

Dear Nicholas,

Reviewed 20 August 2019

My experiences:
(1) Room is quite small to be called as Triple Room(with extra bed) which I had booked. It is so congested so, my wife and my small daughter got hurt 2-3 times and got head injuries. By luck, I have brought first-aid box in my luggage, so I have used that. In room, there was no first-aid box.
(2) Room-Cleaning was not up-to the mark, not good at all.
(3) In toilet, there was no water-jet with comboard seat. When I ask this to hotel front-desk(reception), she told me that water-jet in the comboard seat only provided in Family-Rooms, not in other rooms(Double/Triple etc.). This is very bad, every room must have this facilities.
(4) There is no room-service for food.
(5) Food quality is not good in their restaurants. So, I had to order food using "GRAB" app 2-3 times.
(6) Hotel Location is not so good. No nearest MRT(Metro) station. So, I had to book cab using "GRAB" app most of the times.
(7) There was shuttle service provided by hotel, but that was not instant, you need to book it in 1 day advance.

So, overall it was not a good experience.

Room tip: Some rooms has Swimming-Pool view
2  Thank maheshbe2005
Shamila R, General Manager at Ibis Styles Singapore on Macpherson, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed 18 August 2019 via mobile

What stood out to me was the convenience of shuttle from hotel to Orchard (Orchardgateaway)area and some MRTs. Make sure you book first.

As the restaurant is pretty small, better to take table near the pool for breakfast.

>>TK-Aug2019

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank TaniaKansil
Shamila R, General Manager at Ibis Styles Singapore on Macpherson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed 16 August 2019

Breakfast we can enjoy Indian flavor.
The swimming pool at 3rd floor has wind blowing through there. Sometimes too cool to realize I am in Singapore. It is the great place.

Lines are cleaned well.

Room cleaning has some problems, i.e.dust under beds, no change glasses.

Room tip: if with kids or want to swim, 3F better.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ASHIGA25
Shamila R, General Manager at Ibis Styles Singapore on Macpherson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2019

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback and compliment with our hotel facilities and location.

We hope to welcome you back and have brand new experience with us.

Warm Regards