“Eat where the locals eat” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 10,422 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Little India
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Eat where the locals eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Good, no frills Indian food that comes out quick and at a decent price. When I arrived and saw that it was full of Singaporeans of all ethnicities I knew I made the right choice. I left happy and full and I now know why it is something of an institution.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Perth Australia
“Dosai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The dosais at Komala Villas are excellent...choice of paper dosais, masala dosai, rava onion dosai etc with tasty chutney. There were 5 of us there for brunch and we ordered various things from dosais to iddiappam, somoas, sweets etc. We enjoyed the experience and it was cheap, tasty and huge portions. We didn't enjoy the teas - too sweet for us! The restaurant does get noisy and people do share tables with other patrons, which surprised us! We went there for the food and weren't disappointed, the service was fast and efficient!

“Fantastic masala dosai.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This place is your cheap Indian fast food type of joint. Don't expect anything fancy with service or ambience. The potato masala dosai that we had however was extremely good and was bursting with flavours. Would definitely go back again just for that when we pass by Singapore in the future.

• Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Go at your own risk!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Komala Villas is apparently known for cheap South Indian 'fast food'. I went there in March 2013 - the food was ok. Iddiappam was great, fresh and delicious! But the lassi made me sick sick sick.

Now in May 2014, I almost forgot about my experience last year and ordered home deliver - big mistake: onion rava masala dosa- terrible, iddiappam - terrible, dry, no condiments, puri sabji - terrible.

Moral of the story - don't get delivery. When your there make sure whatever your getting is cooked fresh. Don't have milky drinks (or have them if you must at your own risk).

There are much better places to eat in Singapore for similar food and prices.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
“My visit to far east countries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The food was superb it reminded me of India the dosa and idly and chutneys were outstanding in our next visit we would like to dine here only in totality Singapore is outstanding country with a very fast development