Book now, pay at stay
US$373
US$269
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
Park Regis Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$249
US$241
Hotels.com
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$327
US$218
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$259/night.

US$298
US$266
Fullerton Hotel
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$156
US$137
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$223
MarinaBaySands
US$536
US$494
2,231 results
All reviewslittle indialavender mrtfood courtrooms are smallcity viewarab streetconvenience storemoney changerswimming poolwalking distancemustafa centrebus stophaji lanethe ground floornice poolmrt stationsingapore flyer
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is busy hotel catering to travellers from India. They come with their extended families and disregard all other travellers. Breakfast is served in two restaurants and one provides Halal food.The choices of food at this restaurant to which most of us are directed is hilariously limited. Rooms are small and hence ask for twin beds. For a day or two this hotel is OK but defenitely it does not cater to family needs. Ideal location and access to buses, MRT is easy. Taxi to Orchard Street will cost you around 8 S $s.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GSM_William, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Boss, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Kaluarachchi,

We sincerely appreciate the recognition and it's important to us, as we know that we played a part in making your stay here, a happy and positive one. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

They simply up my extension prices from 180 to 225sgd for small room with everyday different prices excuse. Rooms are small and noisy all night. Considering the size of room, noises and price, i cant justify to continue to stay so i simply move out.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Pascal Z
GSM_William, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Boss, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Pascal Z,

We regret that we were not able to meet your expectations and please be assured that your valuable feedback is essential in our continuous efforts to improve our service and offerings.

Once again, thank you for highlighting this to us and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although we have visited Singapore many times before, it was usually work related and accom was recommended or organised. This time we decided on a few days here on our way home to Australia from Europe. The choice is usually two legs (Brisbane - Dubai = 14 hrs; + Dubai - London/Paris/Rome = around 6 hrs) or three legs (Brisbane - Asia = around 8 hrs; Asia - Dubai = around 6 hrs and Dubai - a European hub = around 6 hrs) so flying time is about the same. However, a few days breaking the journey seemed a good idea - so here we are.
The Boss hotel is easy to reach from Changi, efficient check in and small (not really by S'pore budget standard) room - we had a superior double on 19th floor overlooking the city. The hotel complex has a range of eating options and is within a short walk of Little India and Kampong Glam heritage precincts. A canal side walk took us to SIM LIM Square and a few other shopping malls. Lavender MTR is close where there is also a small Asian food court (non-halal). There are other halal eateries nearby.
WiFi connection in the room is excellent. Housekeeping is efficient. The aircon controls appear to work :) and the coffee shop in the foyer makes great coffee.
Boss hotel met all our needs for a 3 day stopover. Hope to come again. Only downside is the architecture as seen from the heritage precincts! It is a big black blob on the skyline :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Androidjohn2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay experience.

We are exceptionally delighted to receive your feedback. We'll be sure to convey your message to our team members and I am sure this will be an inspiring source of motivation for my team to consistently delight and satisfy all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks so I think my comments are fully justified as I experienced quite a few different aspects of life at this hotel.
I will start with the positive points. The staff in most of the areas were very pleasant and polite. I would particularly like to highlight the staff who work by the entrance and at the rear where the taxis come in. The rooms although on the small side were very clean and all linen including the towels were changed on a daily basis. I also had a balcony for my choice as I had selected the double balcony room. However, I rarely used this as it was so hot I preferred to stay in the room whenever I returned to the hotel or down at the pool.
The pool area was kept very clean and towels are provided for all the guests. Security is very good as you cannot visit a floor unless it is for the floor in which your room is located on. there are safes in the room, bottled water left out and tea making facilities. All of which is very appreciated at the end of a long day out. there was also a fridge in my room which meant I could keep some drinks in there to quite a nice level of coldness.
Unfortunately the negative points are somewhat more noticeable and made my stay for this period of time not vey nice. My impression was that the guests were running this hotel and not the management.
There are quite a few rules in place to enable the comfort of most guests such as no smoking in the bedrooms, do not use the pool after 9.00pm, do not misuse life saving equipment. None of these rules seem to bother an element of visitors who stayed at Hotel Boss and the management did not seem very concerned either. I complained about the smell of smoke in my bedroom which was happening on a daily basis when I returned and apparently it was coming from the room next doors which the management knew about but failed to speak to the occupant.
One night there was guests in the pool until about 12.30am in the morning and I eventually had to ring down to reception to ask for them to be removed as I was unable to sleep because of the noise. Frequently when I went to use the pool the life saving devices were off their hooks and being used as a plaything in the pool by grown men! Seriously, what would happen if these were needed to be used because a child was drowning and the men fooling around on them were unable to notice this? Does it take someone drowning before this practice is stopped by the Hotel management?
In the corridors at night there is no thought by some guests to keep the noise down. Several nights I had to leave my room after 11.00pm to speak to nearby rooms about the noise level. there doors were propped open and they were conversing with adjoining rooms because their family were also in that room.
A minor point regarding the room itself, the beds were extremely hard. I have never been so grateful when I returned to the UK to sleep in a Holiday Inn bed with a mattress softener on it! I also did not feel the breakfast was very good value for money. I understand that on a daily basis you will see a buffet with the usual array of foods provided but for S$12.00 it really was not worth it. I invariably found somewhere local to have breakfast, partly because of the rudeness of guests when trying to obtain food from the buffet (their manners were disgusting) and partly because I found breakfast to be of a better quality and better price elsewhere.
If the management at Hotel Boss reads this lengthy review please take this as constructive criticism - do not let an element of your guests ruin it for the guests who come for relaxation and peace. Take charge of your hotel and enforce some of the rules especially No Smoking!

Room Tip: Don't bother with a balcony, unless you really want to sit out although these rooms are a little bit bigger than the basic rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue S

Dear Sue S,

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us as your valuable feedback is essential in our continuous efforts to improve our service. We do appreciate your positive comments on staff, buffet breakfast as well as strategic location of the hotel.

Once again thank you for highlighting this to us and we hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

GOOD--- Staff were very friendly and helpful. Arrived early morning well before check-in, but Leslie Lee on reception had us checked into our rooms by 11.00 The room was clean and a good size for two (we upgraded to premier with balcony, all other rooms are very very small). No wardrobe but we had packed coat hangers so used hooks by the mirror. Not much drawer space. Huge balcony with two loungers and as we were on the 17th floor, amazing views of the city. Our room was cleaned everyday and sheets changed. The facilities in the hotel were mainly good. The location is acceptable as the public transport system is excellent and the hotel is only 5 minutes from Lavender MRT. Singapore is expensive, so Hotel Boss is an excellent value for money budget hotel.

BAD--- Now to the negatives. Unfortunately the hotel management do not take control of badly behaved guests. Breakfast offers a range of Asian and some European foods preferences. However, it is like a rugby scrum with rude guests pushing in. The pool is lovely but again abused by guests. The lifebouys are used for playing (mainly by adults) also guest are allowed to use the pool fully clothed or in their underwear!! Taking into account different cultures, bathing suits are manufactured to cover modesty. The hotel should be making it clear that swim attire should be worn and also long hair tied up or under a cap at all times. Now to the noise, many guests had no regard for other guests. The use of the pool at night with noisy guests up till 1.30 am. Also noisy guests on landings, shouting, children up at all hours, leaving their doors open and shouting between rooms. I had to get up and after asking politely (it was 02.15) then get cross in order for these guests to be quite. Also guest smoking in rooms and other not allowed areas. Some guests were very messy and would just walk away from leaving piles of rubbish and cigarette butts.

I would have given this hotel a four star rating, but unless the management can get a grip with improving the standards for well behaved guests, then I would not return. I booked for two weeks and had a wonderful time in Singapore, it was a real shame that rude and disrespectful guests at Hotel Boss let it down.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Gill B,

Thank you for your lovely review on our staff Leslie Lee. We take our guests' feedback very seriously and rest assured that your concerns will be highlighted to the relevant departments for further improvement. We hope that you will be able to visit us again so that we may offer you with an improved experience.