“A Singular Find for Delicious Food and Drinks”

WANNA CUPPA cafe and bistro
Reserve a table
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #15 of 405 Coffee & Tea in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Singapore River/Riverside
Description: WANNA CUPPA is an independent garden-themed cafe with a 1920s vibe, just 1-minute walk to the picturesque Singapore River promenade. Conveniently located opposite Clarke Quay MRT Station Exit E on New Bridge Road in Singapore's CBD. It is a real gem offering a wide range of delectable food and drinks choices. Opens bright and early for breakfast; serving lunch, dinner and everything in between seven days a week. High Tea is available every weekend from 3-5pm. We use specialty coffee beans by Justin Metcalf World Barista Judge™ from Australia and tea leaves from luxury tea blender in Canada. We also serve a range of nibbles to complement our unique selection of beers, ciders and wines from all over the world. We're in two consecutive issues of SG Top Cafes guide, thanks to our popular fusion dishes, 'Weekday Lunch Sets' and breakfast menu. Do pop in and take a seat under our trees and relax over an amazing meal, a dreamy dessert or a glass of espresso martini...
Reviewed 20 July 2020

This little place about a block from the river serves the best homemade pastas, sandwiches, desserts, and a variety of teas and coffees. The owner Jeannette and the chef Jeromy are personable, talented, and remember what you like and have ordered in the past. It's a great place to sit and visit with a friend or spend time catching up on your email when you're by yourself.

Date of visit: May 2020
2  Thank Nwpu
Jeannette_Kwok, Owner at WANNA CUPPA cafe and bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2020

Thank you very much for this heart-felt review. We are so pleased that you are satisfied and feel right at home with us. We will continue to work our hardest to serve everyone as well as we have been serving you so far. Our team appreciates your support very much.

Write a reviewReviews (129)

Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

Overall average experience. It’s a good place to chill, they manage to create a space where there’s much privacy for people to have conversations. Food wise, we ordered the cabonara & salmon mentaiko pasta. Was not impressed by the Salmon Mentaiko as I thought it would be a full seared piece of salmon. Turn out I was wrong. The cabonara is well mixed though, flavorful and nice. We ordered drinks, lemon tea and thai milk tea. The lemon tea, is a sighz.. after taste is strong and bitter. I think have to relook at their lemon tea formula to remove the bitter after taste. After the dinner, I and my friend both had diarrhea. I had a very bad diarrhea, not sure it it’s the mentaiko. While my friend went to the toilet twice. I’ll never try to order mentaiko again.

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank Prof_Teck

Thank you for your feedback. Sincere apologies that you didn't feel well after the day. We will look into your suggestions.

Reviewed 30 January 2020

Yes, we definitely wanted a cafe on the Sunday of Chinese New Year! So many businesses were closed and as tourists we walked from Chinatown in search of somewhere for morning tea. Waiting to cross the road we saw “Wanna Cuppa” and it really was like finding an oasis in the desert. My compliments to the owner on her friendly service and helpful manner. My elderly parents loved their coffee and cakes, the cleanliness and the toilets on site was a bonus and the cafe has a cool relaxed vibe. An added bonus was the kindness of the lovely owner who took the time to make phone calls enquiring where I could purchase dog outfits as gifts to take back to Australia. Her information and directions made it easy for me to complete my shopping and leave Singapore that day feeling thankful and so glad we discovered this lovely place. I can’t wait to return and thank her in person and I will tell all my friends to visit whenever they are in Singapore.

Date of visit: January 2020
Jeannette K, Owner at WANNA CUPPA cafe and bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2020

Thank you very much for your heartfelt message. Always make our day knowing that we have served you to the best we could however possible. So pleased that your day went as perfectly as planned and even more thrilled to hear that you will visit us again next time. Thank you again for your warm and kind note.

Reviewed 12 January 2020

Great food and a cool cafe. In particular their Eggs Benedict was an excellent brunch choice. Freindly, helpful, and welcoming team of people serving great fare. Well worth a visit if you're in the vacinity.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank David A M

Thanks for the lovely comment of our cafe. Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2019

Nice ambience and jazz music. Sevice is attentive. Food is not to my liking. Quite disappointed as we came after reading the good reviews. We ordered the coffee pork chop and grilled chicken with pesto sauce. Though only two tables were occupied, the food took a long time to be served, 15-20mins. The coffee flavour in the pork chop was too overwhelming. It took a while to 'saw' at the pork chop - tough meat. The pesto sauce with the chicken has a citrus tang, not so tasty, wanted to give up eating half way through. I would rather have the pesto at its original taste. The cappuccino ordered smelled great but taste was not fantastic either and the little cookie that came with it, had a weird taste.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank Pebble_Ultimate

Thank you for your feedback. Fro coffee pork chop and grilled chicken with basil goddess sauce from our Mains selection to be prepared within 15 mins we believe is the rather reasonable. Perhaps you can consider other menu options or seek our friendly crew to propose something to suit you better next time.