“must do”

Geometricas Hot Springs Day Trip from Pucon
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Pucon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: You can see the red magma (molten rock) at the top of this still active volcano.
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Must do the hike to the top!!
special and uniq
active volcan covered with ice and snow and you will look inside!!!!
nothing else to say!!!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,202)
All reviews
"summit chile"
in 13 reviews
"tour companies"

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Pucon, The Lake, and the magestic Volcan Villarica (smoking just a little when we were there) was an awsome experience, and reminder of how beautiful & dangerous, nature can be.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

At first I really want to see the magma on the top of this mountain. So I climbed in the morning with colleagues. Actually I want to quit to climb because it was very hard and I have no experience. Anyway I went top of mountain with encourage from my colleagues and guide. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

More than “just a climb to a live Volcano”

Been to Torres Del Paine (W Circuit) & San Pedro Atacama (desert in the north), and I found Pucon Volcano to be a contender for my favourite thing to have done in Chile.

I didn’t know this (until I booked) but the trip includes body sleighing down the Volcano snow, after you’ve reached and seen the top. Further you can elect to ski or snow board down the volcano. I snowboarded and felt it was the best off piste boarding I’ve done. I would rate the terrain as medium- not for beginners and you don’t have to be an expert. The snow conditions (early Dec 17) was more soft than ice.

I stayed at French Andes hostel in Pucon. Loved the hostel. The hostel is affiliated or owned by Aguaventura (tours / sports / hire shop) in Pucon. I booked my tour with Aguaventura. The price was competitive locally and service excellent. They provided all the clothing and equipment (inc gas mask for the volcano top !!)

The tour itself was hosted by 4 local Chilean guides (12 tourists in our group). They (guides) were superb. Full of energy, informative, fun and caring. Probably made my day if I’m honest.

The French owner of French Andes and Aguaventura I found to be a gentlemen. Very helpful and wanted to ensure we all had a good and safe time.

I climbed the volcano on a beautiful sunny and warm day. Of course the weather changes and for this reason I would imagine the overall experience can easily change from day to day from person to person.

If your in town I say to you it’s a must trip.

And 1 last thing. I saw lava spewing when I reached the top. That’s a bucket list item for me ticked. !!

1  Thank barry s
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 December 2017

This review is probably a bit unfair as we did not see the volcano at its best. On the second of two wet November days in Pucon we thought we ought to at least drive up the volcano. The drive took about 30 mins on a mainly gravel road until we reached a large open parking area which I guess is really busy in the ski season. Nothing was open of course and not far beyond we reached the snow line and could drive no further. The weather was pretty miserable and, of course, no view so we took a couple of photos and drove back down again. I am sure in good weather it would be a wholly different experience.