“A very special place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Varas
The Cliffs Preserve at Patagonia, Chile
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed there with the whole family (7 adults and 2 very young children) for our Christmas vacation, in a four room villa.
This is such a remote and exceptional place that it is difficult to comment. There is nothing you can really compare with. The location is marvellous, there is a lot to see, wonderful walks, horse riding, etc.The staff, the guides would do anything you ask for.
I would never have thought that I would comment about a bar one day but I have to say they have an exceptional barman who prepares excellent and very original cocktails (with or without alcool) different every day, with plants they grow at the farm. I do not believe there are 10 persons in the world at such a level.
Yet one has to know the general standards of the place are not yet the same as in Europe, (but it seems it is often the case in South America).
For example the service at the restaurant was slow,not very efficient and even after 8 days there was no way we could have them understand that they should serve the young children first and faster so they keep quiet. Anyway you do not want to get angry because they are no nice and always trying to do better! And the food is good!
For all those who can afford the Cliff Preserves: go there, you will love it and you will feel blessed to have been there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank KUSNACHT

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed for three nights in early March. The secluded ocean side location is scenic and dramatic.
The villas are beautifully constructed and designed for pure comfort. A soak in the wood fired hot tub is particularly welcome after a hike around the property. The horses are gentle and well behaved. The food is wonderful. And the best of all is the staff. The guides assigned to each guest group are warm, fun, personable and knowledgeable. Everyone in the lodge from Luis the bartender to Daniela the Chef, to the wait staff and front desk are devoted to making your visit memorable. The overall level of service and personal attention is outstanding.

Room Tip: Ours was the Tornina villa which was great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glynnmo
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I will start by saying this is such a beautiful place-the main lodge is delightful, and the views are to die for. They were kind enough to upgrade us to a 4 bedroom villa, so the 3 of us had more than enough room. The crocs provided are such a nice touch, and everyday was tailored to our specific needs. We rode horses on the beach, my husband went fishing all day one day and had a lovely steak lunch waiting for him when they were done. Yes, it is a ride from the airport, and the last 20 minutes or so are on a dirt road. However, once you arrive you will not believe your eyes! A most beautiful beach with not a soul to share it with. However, what sets this place apart is the people. Although it has been said before, they care so much about they guests. Our guide Daniel was a true delight, and quite a guy for only being 24 years old. Daniella in the kitchen gave my daughter a cooking lesson, which produced pizza in the shape of a heart for me and a guitar for my husband. She is absolutely one of the nicest people I have ever met! I don't even know where to start on my sweet new friend Luis, the bartender. He will capture your heart:)! We felt blessed to meet his wife and daughter who were visiting for the week. We loved the animals at the farm, and enjoyed the sweet, clean scents of the forest.
Plan on visiting the organic garden and eating produce pulled out of the ground and rinsed. All I can say... is GO!

Room Tip: all are great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank melissamce
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at the Cliff Preserve for 4 nights in early February. We were greeted by Jimmy, Hotel General Manager, and Rodrigo, our guide at the airport. The ride was a little over an hour from the airport to the hotel, however, we didn't mind it as we had a good time to converse with Jimmy and Rodrigo. Both of them are down to earth and extremely friendly.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were just wowed by the incredible view of the coastline. The accommodations and staff are exceptional. We had villa 1 during the stay. It was an amazing house with great views of the Alejandro remembered what my husband and I like to drink and made the best drinks every night for us to try. In addition, they have a great Chilean wine selection at lunch and dinner. Chef Daniela is the one of the most pleasant person that i have met ever. She is very warm and personable, and she and her staff made the "best dishes" that we ever had. I can honestly say that the best food that we ever tasted during our two weeks in Chile was at the Cliff Preserve. I also spent a lot of time in the kitchen with her. It was one of the best experience that i ever experienced in the kitchen. Believe me on this because i don't really cook. Our guide Rodrigo was extremely attentive during our stay. He planned our daily activities with us every night. The trips were well organized between trekking, visiting the organic garden on site, horse back riding, penguin watching, fishing, and a cooking class. My husband went for a swim on a rainy day with a wet suit on with Rodrigo. When they came back to the beach, Andy and his staff brought out hot chocolate for them. How sweet was that!!!! Talking about great service.... I also had a great massage experience. One massage per person is included in the price. Marcella gave the best deep tissue massage during my stay.

We didn't want to leave the Cliff when it was time for the departure. Everyone at the Cliff came to say goodbye to us. The Cliff made me feel at home. Just as Jimmy said to us when we first arrived at the Cliff, "our home is your home". He summed it up well. We would definitely return to the place when we go back to Chile.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Y S
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The view of the coastline from either your villa or secluded hot tub is not to be forgotten. The hot tub nestled privately in front of your villa is heated by the use of wood and can reach any temperature you wish. The villas are huge and have great views of the ocean from various rooms. You are assigned a guide who stayes exclusively with you for your whole stay. Our guide, Ricardo, was the best ever. He took us on hikes,visiting the on property farm, horseback riding, fishing, kayaking, and even bodysurfing in a wet suit. Each day you congregate for drinks and lively conversation before dinner. The food is over the top...each meal you would call your "best meal". I took a cooking class from the master chef and then we got to eat what we made...by the way she was the most affectionate and the happiest person you could hope to ;meet. The last day of our stay we boarded the boat to tour the many small islands that were home to penguins,oyster robber birds, gulls, etc. At the conclusion we were met at the docks with a table decked in linen cloth and served hot coffee, Baileys Irish, and cocoa.

Room Tip: We stayed in #5 it is named after a bird but I forget witch.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattyinportland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our stay for 4 nights at Cliffs Preserve was so fantastic that my family begged not to leave. Everything was perfect from the amazing villa (our own huge house!!) with views of the cove beach, to our guide that every member of my family loved, the food, service... We have stayed at amazing properties throughout the world and Cliffs has moved to the top #1 position as our favorite. The staff at the Cliffs are so special, warm and fun that every minute of your stay from the airport pick-up, surprise cocktails made with herbs from the organic garden, mouth watering meals, to horseback riding on the beach are memorable. I will be recommending a long stay at this resort to everyone. Perfect place for a family trip, lots of room, so many great options for activities from cooking, hiking, boating, fishing, horses, the farm, yummy meals, fun drinks, fantastic wines, spa plus the nicest people to spend your time with. The best!!!!

Room Tip: Unbelievable villas (whole house!!) with large bedrooms, full kitchen, fireplace, views to die for a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank familytraveladvice
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Very unique spot (beautiful costal location), exceptional accommodations and staff, and five star food. Great place to go and mix relaxation with activity and to eat very well! Don't think the website does it justice.

Room Tip: Villa #3 probably has the best view, and is within good walking distance to the lodge. However, you...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple