“The best steack tartare I've ever had”
Review of Ox

Ox
Ranked #15 of 4,569 Restaurants in Santiago
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: In this place the meats reach new tops, with premium cuts carefully and that are not tested in any other restaurant of the capital. His selection of wagyú is taken care of, as well as his ripened cuts. Entries and accompaniments also have something to say, with out-of-the-ordinary recipes. Eye with its wine list, carefully and quite varied. This is a space where you can enjoy the food, but it is also a restaurant to show off customers or friends.
Chicago
“The best steack tartare I've ever had”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were initially going to go to La Mar but our reservation got mixed up and they couldn't accommodate us. So we ended up going to Ox instead and they were able to accommodate our group of 22 on the terrace, even though we didn't have reservations.

I'm glad we ended up at Ox as the food was excellent. They just brought a bunch of appetizers for the table, including the best steak tartare I've ever had. I don't know what was in the sauce, but it was incredible. For the main, we had a choice between three cuts of steak and I unfortunately didn't pick the best one. My neighbor let me have a piece of hers and it was much better.

But all in all, we had a great dinner and really appreciated the flexibility of the staff.

• Visited June 2014

Sao Paulo, SP
“Good steak, good ambiance”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I went to this restaurants two nights in a row and had a good experience in both times. Steaks are very good and also the wine selection. Service can be somewhat improved and also the side dishes.

London, United Kingdom
“Good meat, bad cook.”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I ordered the Ox Rib Eye, which is moreless the flagship. For the cost, one would expect a top cut and up to the highest standards. Of course, when I was asked I told them I wanted it rare, literally mentioned "red". Almost TWENTY minutes after, the meat was overcooked and essentially spoiled so I politely told them to get another one, which they agreed immediately. Unfortunately, the next one was rare indeed, but cold in the middle, which is one of the classic newbie mistakes, You don't expect this in this kind of restaurant. I had a good experience in the past but I'm no longer recommending this place anymore.

Kabul
“Steak was very good - atmosphere and service not so much”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

So the good - the bone in rib eye was excellent, cooked perfectly. The wine was super and the pisco sour pretty good.
Not so good - we were shunted to the room on the right as you enter. No atmosphere what so ever. Seems where they abandon the non locals here. Service was very poor in this section. In fact no existent. The place is pricey for Santiago. There was no accompaniment at all to the meat - everything was extra.

Richmond, Virginia
“great steak and cotton candy”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I had a very good steak dinner at Ox.We were the first people there at 8pm., but the restaurant quickly filled up to full...so make a reservation ahead of time.It was on the casual side..no need to get too dressed up...the service was good....our waiter brought pink cotton candy for dessert...fun..really good..and a surprise end to our dinner.this is a place for those who like beef andor a really good steak.

• Visited February 2014