“Wonderful”

Blue Jar
Ranked #217 of 4,583 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Centro Histórico
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch around 1pm, and seemed to make it just before the crowd. The food was great, the staff was wonderful, and the owner either knows everyone or makes you feel like she knows you.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Happening place!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Food was great, location was great, and the staff was very friendly (in both English and Spanish). What more do you want?! I ate here twice for lunch, once inside and once outside. I liked outside better as they provided table canopys to shelter you from the sun. The place has a nice energy to it. I had the corvina which was excellent. Also, I easily had the best expresso of my trip here. It was silk without the burnt taste so many other places serve. I will certainly come back next time I visit Santiago.

• Visited March 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“If in Santiago, you must go here…I will return”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

What a fantastic experience! We ate a late lunch and I was a bit disappointed that the daily special was sold out. That was my only disappointment. Fantastic food treats! The owner took us English-only speakers under her wing and guided us through the menu. It's down near the Presidential Palace and we will definitely return when in Santiago.

• Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious food!”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My friend and I walked in off the street without knowing anything about this place. We sat at the bar, as the entire restaurant seemed to have been reserved. The food was excellent: great taste, great presentation.

• Visited November 2013
London, England
“A British run restaurant in Santiago. Excellent!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Being in Chile on business from the UK for just a couple of days I went with some government officials for a quick lunch at Blue Jar as it was recommended by one of our local colleagues.

Imagine my surprise to be greeted by an English lady running the restarant! The menu then revealed innovative Chilean food but also some cheeky British dishes such as sausage rolls with tomato ketchup.

I have to admit I skipped the British items and went for snapper which was absolutely outstanding. One of my colleagues had the steak with french fries which looked great. We finished it off with proper coffee (more difficult to get in Santiago than you might imagine) and mint tea made with fresh mint leaves. We were given some complimentary pastries/tarts to go with the coffee which was a really nice touch.

Fast, friendly, innovative, tasty and not expensive. The magic combination.

• Visited September 2013