“Great selection of yummy seafood”
Review of La Mar

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vitacura
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a very nice business lunch at La Mar with customers. A packed and popular seafood restaurant with both indoor and outside seating. They have a very extensive menu with all kinds of seafood and fish dishes. I can recommend the fish/risotto alternatives as well as a selection of tasting platters for starter. The chairs were very uncomfortable and did not invite for a long meal. Service minded and competent staff, but limited in English. Crowded throughout the lunch so this is obviously a very popular Peruvian seafood place in Santiago!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Popular and accessible place - clearly a celebrated chef with a winning formula in this segment - room was always packed and happy when i dines - and why not: fresh ceviche and well shaken pisco sours...

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Without a doubt the best in Santiago. Excellent Peruvian food. Great for couples. Good service but not overly intrusive. Will go back again and again

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have lived in Boston, England, Florida, Maryland...when I say this restaurant serves the best fish I have ever had, I am not exaggerating.

However, I would never take my seafood-loving mother here. That is because all of the fish I consumed was raw.

Gorgeously marinated in lime and other juices, several types of finely-cubed, delicately-sauced fish were presented beautifully to us inside small potatoes or in smooth, white bowls. Fresh, flavorful, unforgettable. I apologize, but I am struck dumb and cannot describe the experience of this meal adequately.

Suffice it to say, if you think you're a seafood/sushi lover, but you've never had ceviche, then you need the epiphany of dining at La Mar. And my companions tell me the pisco sour here is the best in town.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We really enjoyed our lunch at La Mar in Santiago. The restaurant is casual with a nice atmosphere. We sat out on the patio which was very nice.

We started with a cerviche platter and yellow potatoes with different stuffings that were really great. The fish was very fresh and presented very nicely.

I would recommend this restaurant for a nice lunch.