“A classy restaurant”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
New Jersey
“A classy restaurant”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I had a tasting menu at Astrid y Gaston. It was not listed in the regular menu, but we asked for it nonetheless. I turned out that they went out of their way to prepare one especially for us.

Each item of sea food was excellent and was paired with white or red wine depending on the item.

The ambience of the restaurant was great with a full view of the kitchen and the service was impeccable.

It was a great way to end our last night in Santiago.

Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
“Excellent in every respect”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

A great meal all round.

The food was perfectly cooked and presented, and the service was excellent. I had the duck and selection of chocolate desserts.

We mostly spoke with our waiter in Spanish but he was fluent in English. He was able to explain the menu in detail and give recommendations. Between courses the table was cleared not just of plates and cutlery but also crumbs. At the end of the meal he offered to arrange a taxi.

The atmosphere is quite relaxed. Not snobby at all. The most expensive meal I've had in Santiago but the price was worth it.

Aliso Viejo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect meal for the last night of our honeymoon!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This restaurant is a mini-chain (the chef just opened an offshoot in Chicago), and the Lima location is considered one of the best restaurants in the world. This restaurant met my very high expectations and it was also less expensive than I had anticipated.

The interior is more modern than I had thought it would be, and the service was extremely warm and helpful. We opted for the tasting menu and the courses just kept coming and coming, and several showcased the country’s incredible seafood. The sommelier was greatly helpful in guiding us toward a delicious, budget-friendly white wine that ended up complementing all of our courses very well!

Reservations definitely required – we made ours four months in advance. Because I am incredibly anal.

Osorno, Chile
“Another grate hit from Acurio”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

You really can't go wrong with any choices.
If you love seafood I recommend getting the ceviche mix.
It looks stunning and it tastes ever better than it looks. Stunning!
We went in Perú and is the same high quality standar of service.!

• Visited April 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“Don't believe the hype ”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We missed our chance to go to Astrid y Gaston in Lima. However after everything we had heard, we simply had to try it when we got to Santiago. The quick summary is: don't believe the hype! The food is not bad, but it is not spectacular nor memorable. The service is horrid. The various waiters are uncoordinated. For instance we were asked to choose a wine after we'd already ordered the tasting menu with matching wines from someone else. At times we had two wines on the table, at times the wine came after the food was served. It felt like being served by amateurs. My feedback is harsh, because this is place isn't cheap. We didn't expect it to be, but for the price I would expect a much higher quality of service and food. There are a other great places in Santiago, go there first.

2 Thank BiCiNg